+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hi!
Did you have to give photos for PR using the new size regulations? I see a number of folks who are having a horrid delay in getting their PRs becoz of the photos - they are being asked to submit new photos in person after a couple of months after landing...
Cheers.

SinghIsKing said:
Guys!
Just want to share our landing Experience last Friday March 25 2011.
We landed through Detroit Windsor Tunnel. The IO at window directed us to Customs and Immigration. We have to wait half an hour before we were called. I gave them all the papers and original goods to accompany & follow list (two copies). Then they asked for my address in Canada. I provided them with Ontario's address and mentioned that this will be our address for next 3 months till be move to Alberta. They were very nice , generous and happy people.
They welcomed me 4-5 times to Canada. And we were done after another half an hour.
Saturday morning we went to service Canada and got our SIN numbers.

The whole process was very smooth and friendly.

SinghIsKing

Jul 15, 2009
They did't ask for any photos.
May be they ask by postal mail but during landing nothing asked.

Manny said:
Hi!
Did you have to give photos for PR using the new size regulations? I see a number of folks who are having a horrid delay in getting their PRs becoz of the photos - they are being asked to submit new photos in person after a couple of months after landing...
Cheers.

NKGCanada

Mar 30, 2011
Hi Singh - Can we drive our car to Windsor, Canada once after completing the landing process at Detroit Windsor Tunnel? Please let me know if we need take care anything if we do so. I am planning to go to Detroit Windsor Tunner for landing this coming Friday from Columbus, OH.

Thanks in advance!

SinghIsKing said:
Guys!
Just want to share our landing Experience last Friday March 25 2011.
We landed through Detroit Windsor Tunnel. The IO at window directed us to Customs and Immigration. We have to wait half an hour before we were called. I gave them all the papers and original goods to accompany & follow list (two copies). Then they asked for my address in Canada. I provided them with Ontario's address and mentioned that this will be our address for next 3 months till be move to Alberta. They were very nice , generous and happy people.
They welcomed me 4-5 times to Canada. And we were done after another half an hour.
Saturday morning we went to service Canada and got our SIN numbers.

The whole process was very smooth and friendly.

SinghIsKing

Jul 15, 2009
YES you can.
We also went by our own Car. That car is also listed on Goods to follow list. I told the IO that we want to import the car in future as we will be going back and forth for few months.
I would suggest you to go Saturday morning instead of friday eve. As late on fridays , you are most likly to stuck in the traffic and daily commute.

NKGCanada said:
Hi Singh - Can we drive our car to Windsor, Canada once after completing the landing process at Detroit Windsor Tunnel? Please let me know if we need take care anything if we do so. I am planning to go to Detroit Windsor Tunner for landing this coming Friday from Columbus, OH.

Thanks in advance!

NKGCanada

Mar 30, 2011
Is it possible to complete applying SIN and healthcard on saturday itself in Windsor after completing landing on Saturday morning? I thought of taking leave on Friday and start early morning Friday to complete landing and applying cards on Friday & Saturday. If you have addresses in hand to apply SIN and healthcard in Windsor, please provide. Any of your suggestions would help us a lot.

Thanks for replying
Narendra

SinghIsKing said:
YES you can.
We also went by our own Car. That car is also listed on Goods to follow list. I told the IO that we want to import the car in future as we will be going back and forth for few months.
I would suggest you to go Saturday morning instead of friday eve. As late on fridays , you are most likly to stuck in the traffic and daily commute.

SinghIsKing

Jul 15, 2009
SIN and Health usually are open till 1:00 PM on saturday.
You can start early morning like 6:00 AM from Columbus and will reach at 9:00 AM on the border.
otherwise leave on Friday evening after work , do the landing and stay in windsor overnight.
Next morning you can take care of SIN and health.
We also drove to Toronto on Friday night and did these things on Saturday morning

NKGCanada said:
Is it possible to complete applying SIN and healthcard on saturday itself in Windsor after completing landing on Saturday morning? I thought of taking leave on Friday and start early morning Friday to complete landing and applying cards on Friday & Saturday. If you have addresses in hand to apply SIN and healthcard in Windsor, please provide. Any of your suggestions would help us a lot.

Thanks for replying
Narendra

lovepool4u2001

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2009
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
Nomination.....
02-06-2010
AOR Received.
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
Hi All,

I have a question for all the seniors who have done the landing formalities. I am plannig to complete landing formalities and come back to US. My question is can we go to any other place where ever I get the job or is it has to be Alberta. If I went to some other place will there be any issues when I apply for citizenship.

Thanks,

Apr 4, 2011
lovepool4u2001 said:
Hi All,

I have a question for all the seniors who have done the landing formalities. I am plannig to complete landing formalities and come back to US. My question is can we go to any other place where ever I get the job or is it has to be Alberta. If I went to some other place will there be any issues when I apply for citizenship.

Thanks,
Once you are a landed immigrant and have PR card, there is nothing to worry about finding a job in another province.

immigration.help

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2009, CIC: 05-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
Nomination.....
2-12-2009
AOR Received.
6-7-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
6-7-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-12-2010, mailed 1-3-2011
I am planning to complete landing end of May. I found a Air Canada flight from Dallas to Edmonton via Toronto. If I take that flight, will the immigration process be done in Edmonton or Toronto? Also, how much time should I allow for it. I am trying not to fly by any american operated airlines to avoid horrendous bag fees.

Thanks...

C

cchabert

immigration.help said:
I am planning to complete landing end of May. I found a Air Canada flight from Dallas to Edmonton via Toronto. If I take that flight, will the immigration process be done in Edmonton or Toronto? Also, how much time should I allow for it. I am trying not to fly by any american operated airlines to avoid horrendous bag fees.

Thanks...
Immigration will be in Toronto

Welcome!

immigration.help

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2009, CIC: 05-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
Nomination.....
2-12-2009
AOR Received.
6-7-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
6-7-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-12-2010, mailed 1-3-2011
Master deBater said:
Make sure you apply for you PR card in Toronto or else you will have a free walk out of Calgary Airport with no PR card applied.
Thanks.. How long does the process usually take?

had000

Apr 9, 2011
information regarding landing in edmonton under AINP

I am currently working in usa on h1b and we got approved from AINP and planning to land in edmonton by the end of this month..I need details regarding landing and also address in edmonton..can anyone provide adress in edmonton for PR cards.

I am planning to stay for 3 days and complete all the processes like applying PR , SIN n Health cards n bank account..Is it okay to stay for 3 days and come to usa?

If I want to go to canada again after applying all these do i need any travel document?

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Hi,

I landed in Calgary on 6th April. All they asked me if I was completing my landing and address to send the PR cards. There was a warm welcome after signing the COPR and then went ahead to customs to submit the goods to follow list. Next day I got my SIN application done, it was simple and they gave me the SIN number on the spot with the card to follow at the given address. Following days I applied for RBC account and Health Cards.

Now I am back in the US with AVR. There was no issue with AVR, no questions asked.

I am planning to go back to Calgary in a month or two for good.

Let me tell you friends, there are great people on the forum and I have met some of them in Calgary in person. Amazing personalities and great attitude. They went out of the way to help me other than just providing me with the Calgary address. I cant imagine how I would have to manage without their help.

I am so thankful to this forum and the people that I met here through this journey of becomming a Landed Canadian Permanant Resident.

Good luck to all those who are waiting, though the tunnel looks dark, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Best Wishes to all.

L.B

Unique12

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3 2010
Nomination.....
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
June 28 2010
Med's Request
June 28 2010
Med's Done....
7.2.2010, reached 7.15.2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Congratulations Ell.Bee..very happy that you had a smooth landing!

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

I landed in Calgary on 6th April. All they asked me if I was completing my landing and address to send the PR cards. There was a warm welcome after signing the COPR and then went ahead to customs to submit the goods to follow list. Next day I got my SIN application done, it was simple and they gave me the SIN number on the spot with the card to follow at the given address. Following days I applied for RBC account and Health Cards.

Now I am back in the US with AVR. There was no issue with AVR, no questions asked.

I am planning to go back to Calgary in a month or two for good.

Let me tell you friends, there are great people on the forum and I have met some of them in Calgary in person. Amazing personalities and great attitude. They went out of the way to help me other than just providing me with the Calary address. I cant imagine how I could manage without their help.

I am so thankful to this forum and the people that I met here through this journey of becomming a Landed Canadian Permanant Resident.

Good luck to all those who are waiting, though the tunnel looks dark, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Best Wishes to all.

L.B