+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Ell.Bee,
Congrats on becoming PR!!!!
Did you fly to Calgary? If yes then did you have the i-94 card with you or it was taken away at the US departure airport?
I'm landing next week.
Thanks

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
To all,

How did you show proof of funds.. did you just took bank statement (for 3-6 months). Or we need to take $10k+ to show we have enough funds.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
albertaorbust said:
Ell.Bee,
Congrats on becoming PR!!!!
Did you fly to Calgary? If yes then did you have the i-94 card with you or it was taken away at the US departure airport?
I'm landing next week.
Thanks
Hi,

Yes I did fly Delta and they did not ask for my I-94 at time of departure from the US. Good they did not ask for it or take it away as I had to return using the same for AVR.

Thanks,
L.B

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Flames said:
To all,

How did you show proof of funds.. did you just took bank statement (for 3-6 months). Or we need to take $10k+ to show we have enough funds.
Hi,

They did not ask me to show any proof of funds. They only asked me how much I am gonna carry with me later. I told them the amount and they made a note of it. Incase they ask you, the bank statements should be good enough as proof of funds.

Thanks,
L.B

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Any news about PR card ELL.BEE???

Well i am thinking to leave edmonton as my rent contract is going to finish at the end of this week. I know many people ask their friends to mail PR card when they arrive, i just wanted to know if this is legal ? i mean if my friend Fedex us the PR cards, will it be any problem on customs etc.
Thanking you in advance.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
rabzee said:
Any news about PR card ELL.BEE???

Well i am thinking to leave edmonton as my rent contract is going to finish at the end of this week. I know many people ask their friends to mail PR card when they arrive, i just wanted to know if this is legal ? i mean if my friend Fedex us the PR cards, will it be any problem on customs etc.
Thanking you in advance.
Hi,

No new of PR card yet. Its been only two weeks since I applied.
I dont think it is illegal to mail PR cards. I may be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge I dont think its illegal. People do that all the time and I am asking my friends in Calgary to do the same.

Thanks,
L.B

enna

Feb 14, 2011
thanks again L.B.

i have another set of questions, hope u will not get tired replying. to tell you frankly i'm nervous and worried 'coz i'm not that familiar with
AVR.

1. what if during my departure they will asked me my I94, what will i do?
2. Coming back here in the US, is there a possibility that the officers at the airport not familiar with AVR?

till next time.....

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

1. what bank do you suggest where i am going to open an account and what do i need to bring eg. id's?
=> I went to RBC for Banking.

2. at time of departure from US, what did you show to them?
=> Nothing.

3. when you arrived in Canada, what documents did they asked from you?
=> COPR and Passport.

Thanks,
L.B

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
enna said:
thanks again L.B.

i have another set of questions, hope u will not get tired replying. to tell you frankly i'm nervous and worried 'coz i'm not that familiar with
AVR.

2. Coming back here in the US, is there a possibility that the officers at the airport not familiar with AVR?

till next time.....
Hi,

=> I had the same fear, but no one asked me for my I94. Keep the I-979 notice safe place and dont even bother showing it to anyone while leaving the US.

=> Take a print of the telegram and show it to them.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html

Thanks,
L.B

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi LB,

can i asked you another question? where can i have my photo be done, i'm here LA?

thanks,

enna

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
Hi el bee or others .
I am planning on landing in the month of june / july. I need an address in calgary for SIN and health card, please help me.
I also need a place to stay for 3 - 4 weeks, then i will come back and work on landing permanently.

mannubhai

May 1, 2011
Hi Friends,

I saw a couple of questions about landing with your own car while you do not yet have the title. I am in the same situation. Planning to complete my landing end of May at Detroit. I will be driving my own car from Chicago. I do not have the title of the car with me as it is financed. I will return using AVR after a couple of days. I will be importing the car later.
Would there be any issues in landing with my own car without having title with me? Please advise.

Thanks

pinoygirl

Sep 1, 2010
We just landed as immigrant to Calgary under AINP H1b last April 23. We will be returning back to US on May 3 because we need to finish and settle first all our obligations there. May I ask, what address I will put in the PN status update that we need to mail or fax? Is it US address or Canada address? the Canada address is my relative's address.

And I am 3 months pregnant now. If I gave birth before I will go back to Canada again, how can I bring my new baby? Any answer will be appreciated.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Ell.Bee
I landed with my family at Calgary Int'l last week. The Immigration officer did not take any pictures. I'm not sure if the PR cards application was done by the officer. I checked the pr application form and it asks for 50$ application fees per applicant. So i'm not sure now, when all the other people landed the PR card was done automatically by the IO or you guys applied later with fees?

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
Re: AINP - SRS H1B Landing questions

few questions please commet

1) planningo for Landing end of the month, how much hard cash need to carry ? or just bank statements are ok for proof of fund?
2) do I need to bank account for Health card address proof?

3) I have rented car from YYC, any recommendation for hotel ?
4) Can anyone please provide me local address I do not have any friend in albeta ? I will make new frirends once move there

5) any suggestion for clothes and house hold stuff $ value for custom purpose ?

Thanks
Alll in advance for reply.

ll.Bee
I landed with my family at Calgary Int'l last week. The Immigration officer did not take any pictures. I'm not sure if the PR cards application was done by the officer. I checked the pr application form and it asks for 50$ application fees per applicant. So i'm not sure now, when all the other people landed the PR card was done automatically by the IO or you guys applied later with fees?

[/quote]