+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Any timeline for PR Card arrival???

I am in edmonton for the last one month and waiting for PR card arrival so that i can take them and come back to USA.
About landing experience and staying , its a very nice place and nice weather too. Haven't got any problem yet. We brought photos from a professional photographer for PR card, but they didn't ask for any photos.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
rabzee said:
Any timeline for PR Card arrival???

I am in edmonton for the last one month and waiting for PR card arrival so that i can take them and come back to USA.
About landing experience and staying , its a very nice place and nice weather too. Haven't got any problem yet. We brought photos from a professional photographer for PR card, but they didn't ask for any photos.
Hi,

The immigration officer told me that it would take around 6-8 weeks to get the PR cards.

Thanks,

L.B

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hi all,
I completed landing in Calgary (by air) last week and all went smooth. My experience was similar to that of EllBee's. I drove to downtown and got SIN # and Healthcard numbers the same day. The steps mentioned in various earlier posts on this thread are good pointers to prepare.
List for arrival:
1. passports
2. COPR
3. Photos (just in case)
4. List of Goods brought in
5. List of Goods to follow

Will be good to prepare these too and take with you: latest forms can be googled and accessed.
6. Filled in form for SIN Cards (one for every dependent too)
7. Filled in form for healthcard (one per family).

All the best !

ralish

Apr 16, 2011
Gentlemen,
I am a new member to this forum and heard from many of my friends about how beneficial this forum is and how helpful the members are. I am planning to complete my landing formalities with my family in the second week of May. If anybody could help me with the Alberta address for mailing PR cards would be of greatest help. Any help, response or any suggestions in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Ralish

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi Guys ,

I have a question. I will be moving to Canada by the end of May, and i will be shipping my stuff with the moving company right around the same date. i hope the stuff will reach 2-3 days after i reach , but u never know.

now my question is , should i put all this stuff on "Goods to Follow" Form , or as the "goods accompanying".

thanks

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
"Goods to Follow".
The goods sent thru movers are not being imported by you at the time you land. They are to be cleared by you after you land.

King80 said:
Hi Guys ,

I have a question. I will be moving to Canada by the end of May, and i will be shipping my stuff with the moving company right around the same date. i hope the stuff will reach 2-3 days after i reach , but u never know.

now my question is , should i put all this stuff on "Goods to Follow" Form , or as the "goods accompanying".

thanks

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Ell. Bee,

It's nice of you to share your experience going to Canada. Do you think i'm qualified to use AVR
this is my situation:

I have a B2visa (tourist) stamped on my passport and i got a job while in US, so my status change to H1B but not stamped on my passport. I have I-797 which is not yet expired.

1.Can i used AVR?
2.When you left US to go to Canada, did they asked your I-94?
3.I don't have any goods to follow except from the Cash that i have, is that ok?
4.do i need to open a bank account before applying a health card because i read in the forum that you need a proof to show your address?
5.going back to US, what do i need to do using the AVR?

thanks and looking forward to your reply

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

I landed in Calgary on 6th April. All they asked me if I was completing my landing and address to send the PR cards. There was a warm welcome after signing the COPR and then went ahead to customs to submit the goods to follow list. Next day I got my SIN application done, it was simple and they gave me the SIN number on the spot with the card to follow at the given address. Following days I applied for RBC account and Health Cards.

Now I am back in the US with AVR. There was no issue with AVR, no questions asked.

I am planning to go back to Calgary in a month or two for good.

Let me tell you friends, there are great people on the forum and I have met some of them in Calgary in person. Amazing personalities and great attitude. They went out of the way to help me other than just providing me with the Calgary address. I cant imagine how I would have to manage without their help.

I am so thankful to this forum and the people that I met here through this journey of becomming a Landed Canadian Permanant Resident.

Good luck to all those who are waiting, though the tunnel looks dark, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Best Wishes to all.

L.B

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
enna said:
Hi Ell. Bee,

It's nice of you to share your experience going to Canada. Do you think i'm qualified to use AVR
this is my situation:

I have a B2visa (tourist) stamped on my passport and i got a job while in US, so my status change to H1B but not stamped on my passport. I have I-797 which is not yet expired.

1.Can i used AVR?
3.I don't have any goods to follow except from the Cash that i have, is that ok?
4.do i need to open a bank account before applying a health card because i read in the forum that you need a proof to show your address?

thanks and looking forward to your reply

Hi,

I have tried to answer your questions and hope this helps.

1.Can i used AVR?
=> You entered the US legally and I-94 with a validty that should be good enough for AVR.

=> No I was not asked for the I-94 at time of departure.

=> That is perfectly fine. At the immigration/customs they ask if you have goods to follow and you got to say 'no'.

=> Yes better apply for Bank account that will give you a letter stating your address. This will make it easier for health card.

= The US immigrations are done on the Canadian airport at time of exit. You have to present your I-797 along with your passport to the US immigration officer and that is all you have to do.

Thanks,
L.B

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Manny said:
"Goods to Follow".
The goods sent thru movers are not being imported by you at the time you land. They are to be cleared by you after you land.
Thanks Manny. thats what I thought, I just wanted to make sure with someone who already have done it

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
Friends,

I am planning to land in the month of July. I have time till Mid August to land. My concern is that my car is financed and the title is not with me. Can I still export it out of United States? I am not sure if this is possible unless the car is completely paid up.

Please advise.

Slash

Apr 7, 2011
I am in the same boat like you. My car is financed and wondering how to go about it. I heard people say that the title is required at time of landing even if you have to import your car later. The financing company has my car title and the only way to get it is pay it off.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi L.B.,

thank you very much for your reply... i forgot to introduce myself...i'm enna....

...can i asked you another set of questions

1. what bank do you suggest where i am going to open an account and what do i need to bring eg. id's?
2. at time of departure from US, what did you show to them?
3. when you arrived in Canada, what documents did they asked from you?

I'm planning to do my landing in July or August....

thanks again.. i hope you will not get tired replying....

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

I have tried to answer your questions and hope this helps.

1.Can i used AVR?
=> You entered the US legally and I-94 with a validty that should be good enough for AVR.

=> No I was not asked for the I-94 at time of departure.

=> That is perfectly fine. At the immigration/customs they ask if you have goods to follow and you got to say 'no'.

=> Yes better apply for Bank account that will give you a letter stating your address. This will make it easier for health card.

= The US immigrations are done on the Canadian airport at time of exit. You have to present your I-797 along with your passport to the US immigration officer and that is all you have to do.

Thanks,
L.B

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
enna said:
Hi L.B.,

thank you very much for your reply... i forgot to introduce myself...i'm enna....

...can i asked you another set of questions

1. what bank do you suggest where i am going to open an account and what do i need to bring eg. id's?

I'm planning to do my landing in July or August....

thanks again.. i hope you will not get tired replying....
Hi,

=> I went to RBC for Banking.

=> Nothing.

=> COPR and Passport.

Thanks,
L.B