+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After passport submission, how long does it take to get the Visa!

bhathal

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
Hi rimpy.. . i submitted my passport on 3rd march and they got it on 5th and my visa stamped on 23 march 2009, am under alberta ainp family stream. thanks for thanks and ur welcome

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi all,
After a long time, I am visiting this thread. Now my husband is here in Canada. After passport submission, it took almost 6 weeks for us to get the passport back, as Chrismus holidays were there in that period. I have studied many cases, and I believe that time varies for each individual starting from 1 week to on an average up to 6 weeks. For unusual cases, I have seen wait-times of even 3 months also. My best luck and good wishes to all.
Regards
Tina

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
Thanks Tina...i hope i will get the visa at end of ths month..i got a letter from CHC ND by Feb.09 to send sme documents after that i got info frm them to send my passport by April 02....let i see..

Thank you,
Have a greatday...

rimpy

Mar 21, 2009
Hi Tina!!

Welcome back and thank you for moral booster and starting this thread... I am hoping that it should come in a couple of weeks

I am glad to see the positiveness u bring about the whole thing...and I am sure that we all in this thread are going to get it...soon...
..anywayzzz ..this wait period is dammmnnnn frustrating....

Best wishes to all of us....

Rimpy

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
hi rimphy,

dont worry..can u send me cmplt date( like when u snt appli...when thy strtd...and whn thy rqst u to snt PP) sent me the time frame i will tel u what hppnd...

rimpy

Mar 21, 2009
Hi Markthomas

My timeline is as application sent on 20/10/08, CHC started process on 6/12/08, medi reqst recd on 9/2/09, PP & foreign trvl request on 26/2/09, PP sent on 3/3/09 and still waiting for update.

bhathal

Star Member
Feb 19, 2009
rimpy i sent my passport on same date(3rd march) to chc delhi as urs with foregin travel form and rpr fee. and i got my pasport back on 31st march with visa stampet on dated 27th march.

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
Hi Rimphy,

Frm my end ....you can wait till this month..becuse aftr submsn of ur applictn.. u snd medical rep. right.... so its take sme time to verify reprt..and doctor hav to snd a reprt to the Consul.. b4 the submsn of medical rep.did cnsult reqst any docmnts frm u...if yes ..then at the end of ths April or frst week of may u will recv..ur pssprt..dnt wry...

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
markthomas said:
Hi Rimphy,

Frm my end ....you can wait till this month..becuse aftr submsn of ur applictn.. u snd medical rep. right.... so its take sme time to verify reprt..and doctor hav to snd a reprt to the Consul.. b4 the submsn of medical rep.did cnsult reqst any docmnts frm u...if yes ..then at the end of ths April or frst week of may u will recv..ur pssprt..dnt wry...
Hello markthomas.

Would you happen to know if there were cases when the visa is rejected even if the passport has already been requested? Our passports have been witht eh Canadian embassy since Feb 5. Im starting to get really paranoid now wince its getting too long...

THanks!

rimpy

Mar 21, 2009
markthomas said:
Hi Rimphy,

Thanks Markthomas..

but they hv not askd me for any docmnts except PP and forgn trvl details. If they hv to verify the medical rep. thn why they hv asked for PP and secondly how come they issue visa within 20days to one and to others they are taking 4 -6 weeks or longer....hhuuu.....
Just wait n pray....I think we dont have any other option except waiting.... and praying.....

rimpy

Mar 21, 2009
mitchieline said:
markthomas said:
Hi Rimphy,

Hello markthomas.

Would you happen to know if there were cases when the visa is rejected even if the passport has already been requested? Our passports have been witht eh Canadian embassy since Feb 5. Im starting to get really paranoid now wince its getting too long...

THanks!
Hi Mitchieline

can u pls tell tht under which category u hv applied for and where??

Thnx// Rimpy

rimpy

Mar 21, 2009
mm said:
I`ve submitted my passport on Feb 3rd and still waiting for it to come back... :(

Hi MM!!

Can u please tell that under which category u have applied for and from where have you applied??

I hv submitted in March..

Thnx// Rimpy

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
rimpy said:
mitchieline said:
markthomas said:
Hi Rimphy,

Hello markthomas.

THanks!
Hi Mitchieline

can u pls tell tht under which category u hv applied for and where??

Thnx// Rimpy
Hello Rimpy.

We've applied under family class.. Hope that we wont be hearing any bad news....

Hello MM.

We're on the same boat.. Where have you submitted your application? Mine is in Manila Office...
Can I also ask what was stated in you PP request letter?

Thanks!

mm

Aug 4, 2008
Hi Rimpy and Mitchieline,

I have applied in Vienna office, under spousal sponsorship. in the last letter they sent me, they were just saying that in order to finalize my application process, they need my original passport.
I know that there have been troubles with them not having received my medicals, they sent me a mail stating this and that they are keeping my passport for the time being, so I made sure the doctor sent the medicals in, but then it turned out she sent them to Ottawa instead of Vienna (Vienna has a medical processing centre of its own).. I have informed the office about this, that was around Feb 23rd, but got no answer from anyone since, so hopefully they at least read it...

hopefully we all get our passports back soon, I know how it is to every day run with hope to check the mailbox :p