+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After passport submission, how long does it take to get the Visa!

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, it was very much useful to get the information from experience of users here.
I have applied for my husband's PR. I have got the approval of my sponsorship. He had been asked to submit the passport and submitted it before one month. Still, we haven't got any news from CIC, New delhi office.
We have already paid all the fees required and submitted Medical and Police clearence at the time of submission of application (at CIC, Mississauga) as required.
I have few questions, and I will be very much thankful to you to get the reply.
1. How long it does take to get the passport back?
2. Asking the passport by CIC is the confirmation of Visa or it can be still refused?
3. Can my husband still get a call for interview?
4. In e-client application status, we still get the message as "IN PROCESS". When they change the online status - after stamping the visa? They have written in the website that the status is changed on every Tuesday? Anybody has noticed the approximate date and time of change of status?

Thank You very much.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thank you Med.
So after looking at the link you sent, it looks like it can take from two weeks to six weeks to get the Passport back.
I think, I should be relaxed.
Still confused about the status, passport demand by CIC is 100% positive sign, or there can be still chances of refusal?

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
well if they sent ur husband a letter of approval then it is apporved and they cant just change their mind.
and do not worry about the e-cas it will forever be "in-process"
congrats in advance

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
you can check the below thread as well.

"HELP PLEASE explain letter from Canadian High Commission in New Delhi" . Its in page 2 right now.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thank you Boujasim for the wishes. CIC has not given any assurance of visa at that time. So, let's see.

Hi RPM, that link was really useful. My husband received the same letter according to the post, i.e. passport with foreign travel form. We have submitted it in November end (25th). Still, we have not heard anything about it. But as you have mentioned in that post that during Christmus, it can be bit late. So, let's keep our fingers crossed!
Thank you once again.
Tina

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Yes, its delayed because its Christmas time. Dont worry, you will get the mail soon :)

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thank you very much RPM.
Has anybody submitted the passport to CIC, New Delhi in month of November and still not received (or received! Congrats then!)

M

med

for me Tinap i think sending in for a passport is a good sign that the visa is on the way wish u goodluck and merry christmas

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thank you Med and wishing you a Merry Christmus and Happy Holidays! Hope this new year comes with a good news!
Best Regards,

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi all,
I have one question if anybody has got the experience. I have heard that if somebody has history of foreign travel, then it takes more time after you submit the passport and foreign travel form. It can take upto 3 to 4 months, is it true?? Can anybody focus on this please??
Thank You,

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Nothing like that Tina. I have travelled extensively over the past 10 years to many countries and still got my passport back in less than 1 month.

Dont trouble yourself. Sit back and relax! The wait is over and you will get the passport back soon.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thank You RPM,
I think, I have become anxious for no reason. CHC-New Delhi is bit slow may be due to Christmus.
Let's enjoy holidays.
Hey RPM, wish you a happy holidays, my best wishes to all.

me007

Nov 29, 2008
Tina be patient :)
She has sent her passport to ND almost 4th month now. No Guarantees that even after PPR and having your PP they will issue a VISA in certain time for sure. ANd there is NOTHING WRONG in her file too. No ONE can change their sppeds or the way they work!

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Happy Holidays to everyone!

Tina, I am in a Financial Industry (Trader) and the work is so slow during this season. If being a trader the business is slow, imagine the state of a Govt sector during holiday season!

Sit back and relax, time for a martini :)

Once again Happy Holidays to All!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Tension! Tension!,
It is very common and usual to almost all those who have submitted their papers and waiting for decision!. My parents submitted their PR application after the sponsorship apprival by CIC, in Feb 2007 (repeat February 2007), but still ECAS is "IN PROCESS". Their Standard processing time is 9 months only. So, just imagine what is our situation with this timeline!!!. Anyway now things have reached upto a stage that their medical has already been sumitted a month before and going on waiting....waiting....waiting.
So I hope they can atleast land in Canada before the expiry of medical.