+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After passport submission, how long does it take to get the Visa!

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
mm said:
Hi Rimpy and Mitchieline,

I have applied in Vienna office, under spousal sponsorship. in the last letter they sent me, they were just saying that in order to finalize my application process, they need my original passport.
I know that there have been troubles with them not having received my medicals, they sent me a mail stating this and that they are keeping my passport for the time being, so I made sure the doctor sent the medicals in, but then it turned out she sent them to Ottawa instead of Vienna (Vienna has a medical processing centre of its own).. I have informed the office about this, that was around Feb 23rd, but got no answer from anyone since, so hopefully they at least read it...

hopefully we all get our passports back soon, I know how it is to every day run with hope to check the mailbox :p
Gotcha MM! I do agree on that... You're situation is quite weird, if the clinic where you had your medical is the accredited one, they should have known where to send it....Anyway, Hope that your Medical will be received soon...

mm

Aug 4, 2008
I received this e-mail today:
Dear Ms. M,

We may wish to inform you that your immigrant visa has just been issued and passport sent by registered mail to your Canadian address this date.

Sincerely,

Visa section
Canadian Embassy
Vienna, Austria

my E-CAS finally shows medicals received and decision made!
I`m sooo happy! hopefully you`ll get a positive result soon as well!!! =)))))

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi mm,
Many congratulations to you. It is really nice of Austria Immigration that, they have mentioned that you are given visa. For CHC-NewDelhi, while asking for passport, they don't mention anything about visa. And then directly passport comes (without any previous letter, if there is no further inquiry) with CONGRATULATIONS!

Once again Congrats!
My best Luck to all.

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
mm said:
I received this e-mail today:
Dear Ms. M,

We may wish to inform you that your immigrant visa has just been issued and passport sent by registered mail to your Canadian address this date.

Sincerely,

Visa section
Canadian Embassy
Vienna, Austria

my E-CAS finally shows medicals received and decision made!
I`m sooo happy! hopefully you`ll get a positive result soon as well!!! =)))))

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
HI Tina,

CHC-ND they got my PP by April 6th 2009...after 1 week i checked E-case status ..its says in process..but this week i cant able to login its says information is wrong....the same case no i used for past 4 months to check the status online...so do u think that decision made on my applic or..Refuse do u have an idea...abt my case

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
markthomas You are confusing me, you have a few posts in this forum with very different stories. In one I read your wife received PR and you want to divorce her. "Dear sir,

My wife she got the visa coming by next month ( Sponsor )..once she landed can i apply for Divorce or they will sent her back to the country or how long i have to wait untill she get the P.R.Card or i can apply once she enter in to canada..i can go separate..she gave my mail address to Immigration is that going to be a problem or she can change the address..please help me in this matter..."

Are you and a friend sharing an account? Seems strange to me.. anyway that is very odd that your ecas just disappeared. If a decision was made refused or approved it will just say Decision Made or even just In Process. What are you checking it with?

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
Hi to All,

I got my Visa...yesterday

Passport Sent ND CIC on April 9th PP Recvd with Visa by 4th May.....My best wishes friends...

cool_sikh

May 22, 2009
Hi All,

It is been soo good to hear that most of the pepole have reciebed there visa's stamped..
Congrats to all!!

I have also applied under Federal immigration..and my time lines are as below-
Applied for federal immigration -16 Jan 09
recived confirmation and asked for documents -7march 09
Submitted all docs to cic delhi -2 april 09
Recieved mail from cic delhi asking for medical,passport,pcc - 5may09
replied back to cic delhi - 23 may 09

Please suggest as what are the chances for my visa...and any idea how much time will take for me...

Your suggestions will be great support for me...

Thanks in Advance

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPB said:
1st October, 2008: Application for PR sent to CIC Mississauga, Canada
3rd October, 2008: Application received
3rd November, 2008: Sponsorship of my husband approved, we get a letter in Toronto
13th November, 2008: CHC, New Delhi begin to process my papers in India
5th December, 2008: Request for passport and foreign travel details
6th December, 2008: Passport couriered to Immigration Section, CHC, New Delhi. This was a Saturday
8th December, 2008: Passport received by CHC, New Delhi (tracked through Blue Dart)
16th January, 2009: Visa received along with passport.

<All this happened with no update on my eCAS, the last they updated was on Nov 13, 2008 when they started processing my case in New Delhi.

All the best to all.

PPB
Oh my Gosh! it's fast for you.

cool_sikh

May 22, 2009
It is federal immigration process....

Has any body idea on when i can expect my visa and what are the chances...

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
hi cool_sikh
I am asking what category do you fall in to?
Skilled workers and professionals

Quebec-selected skilled workers

Canadian Experience Class

Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed people

Provincial nominees

Family Class Sponsorship

Each category has different timelines so this is why I am asking.. I dont understand what you mean by federal immigration process.