+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After passport submission, how long does it take to get the Visa!

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi RPM,
My husband got the PP back with visa! I am really happy.
I am very much thankful to you all, and wishing you all the best for success.
Have a great day!

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Hi Tina!

Congratulations! I am so Happy for you....I wish you and your husband lots of happiness and fun filled moments.

punjabi_girl

Jan 8, 2009
I got my PP back with the Visa yesterday :) :) :)

Here's my timeline:

Nov.5,08- Application received at CPC-M
Dec.8,08- sponsorship approved
Dec.17,08- ND started processing
Jan.8,09- PPR
Jan.9- PP received at CHC-ND
Jan.11- Visa stamped
Jan.15- PP with visa received :)

Total time from submission to visa stamping- 67 days :)

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Congratulations! Thats a super fast processing...I am really happy to note that Delhi has processed your application SO fast! Very happy!

punjabi_girl

Jan 8, 2009
RPM said:
Congratulations! Thats a super fast processing...I am really happy to note that Delhi has processed your application SO fast! Very happy!
Thank you so much RPM for your wishes. Its blessings of everyone that I got through this stressful waiting game so early. Now just need to pack the bags and flyyyy!!! :)

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
1st October, 2008: Application for PR sent to CIC Mississauga, Canada
3rd October, 2008: Application received
3rd November, 2008: Sponsorship of my husband approved, we get a letter in Toronto
13th November, 2008: CHC, New Delhi begin to process my papers in India
5th December, 2008: Request for passport and foreign travel details
6th December, 2008: Passport couriered to Immigration Section, CHC, New Delhi. This was a Saturday
8th December, 2008: Passport received by CHC, New Delhi (tracked through Blue Dart)
16th January, 2009: Visa received along with passport.

<All this happened with no update on my eCAS, the last they updated was on Nov 13, 2008 when they started processing my case in New Delhi.

All the best to all.

PPB

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Congratulation PPB! The processing was relatively slow an year ago when I applied, but I am happy to note that the serivce is improving a lot lately!

Punjabi_girl,

Just a small tip...dont forget to get a few references from your work/universtity etc if you are planning on working here. And in case you are going to drive soon after you come here, get a letter from RTA about your driving record along with your driving license.

punjabi_girl

Jan 8, 2009
RPM said:
Punjabi_girl,

Just a small tip...dont forget to get a few references from your work/universtity etc if you are planning on working here. And in case you are going to drive soon after you come here, get a letter from RTA about your driving record along with your driving license.

Thanks for the info RPM..will surely get the references. I would really try n get letter from RTA, but not sure if I would get it within a week or not :(

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
I hear you! I sent them a letter about 6 months ago...for which I still have got no response. I am not expecting any either!

Vikram

Jan 23, 2009
Dear Sirs,

After a letter from canada high commission regarding calling my passport
I have Submitted my passport to New Delhi office for Permanent Resident almost more then a month ago. But till today i havnt get anything from there end.....!

How much time it may take from now!

Kindly help me regarding this.

Thanks & regards
Vikram

V

vd

punjabi_girl said:
vd said:
Hi all,

I am new to this site. My husband has applied for a PR and we submitted the application in Oct 2008.
We received a letter that the documents have been moved to New Delhi and that the processing of my application has begun in Nov 2008 at New Delhi. However, I was asked to submit a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Malaysia since I stayed in Malaysia for 6 months 15 days in the year 2005.
The Malaysian police authorities or the Consular divsion of foreign affairs do not issue any letter if the stay was for less than one year. I wrote an e-mail to an official at the consular division Malaysia and she replied back saying that they do not have any authority to issue a refusal letter. I submitted the print out of the email conversation tht I received. Also, I was asked to submit my passports on Dec 13th, 2008.
Though it hasnt been a month yet, I worried about the PCC issue. I think I saw somewhere that they will waive off the PCC requirement if I can clearly demonstrate the difficulty in getting one. Also, I got tht email from an official who actually issues the PCC in Malaysia. So, I am guessing that there will be a waiver and I will be issued the visa soon, though I do not know how long they will take to issue the visa. By Jan 17th 2009 it will be a month since I would have sent my passports to New Delhi.

Any thoughts on the PCC and has anyone experienced such a situation..and has any got any waiver before?
A written explanation explaining the problem to get a PCC will do..still just checking for more resources....

Would appreciate any kind of help on this matter....

Thanks,
VD.

Hi

I have read a case on another forum where a person had to submit PCC from Singapore but he had some issues with that...I don't remember exactly about the issues. But when he got PPR, ND waived the PCC requirement and he wasn't asked for the PCC from Singapore. So stay positive, and hope for the good results. Well thats just my two cents. There are other senior members who can advice you better. All the best :)

Hi all,

I got my passport back with the visa today evening. This site is definetely a moral booster and an encyclopedia of immigration info. I am super thrilled.

Hope all those who are awaiting their visas hear good news. Wish you all the very best!!!
Staying positive...certainly makes things work!! :)

Cheers,
Vd.

sul

Jan 29, 2009
Hey Vikram ...congrats....
its good news
u must be very happy. MAy i know your time line please?