+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

Oct 28, 2018
Good Morning Dear Members

I have Diploma in commerce (two years education) after intermediate education (Metric). thereafter i studies Certified Accounting technician (CAT). Upon completion of CAT i studied ACCA and now i am member of ACCA. I do not have further qualification.

could you please let me know which credential should i send to WES for equivalency.

Please advise about following answer

question: What is your highest level of completed education?
Answer: Three years or more secondary credential (based on ACCA)

question: In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?
Answer: yes (Certified Accounting technician (CAT))

Please advise about above questions

Prospective12

Dec 26, 2012
Has anyone received a positive evaluation for a certificate, diploma or degree obtained mainly through exemptions?

PLEASE HELP!

Oct 28, 2018
Good Morning Dear Members

I have Diploma in commerce (two years education) after intermediate education (Metric). thereafter i studies Certified Accounting technician (CAT). Upon completion of CAT i studied ACCA and now i am member of ACCA. I do not have further qualification.

could you please let me know which credential should i send to WES for equivalency.

question: In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?

Dear Members Please advise

manan66

Dec 28, 2018
Hi All,

I am an ACCA member applying WES assessment. Unfortunately, this is the only qualification that I have and I am hovering around the cut off for the express entry route.

While applying for the WES assessment I may have made a mistake by selecting two certificates for assessment;
1) Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
2) ACCA Membership Certificate

Technically, the Advanced Diploma is considered equivalent to a bachelors degree while completion of the professional papers is equal to a masters degree.

First of all I would like to know if I made a mistake by trying to get both certificates evaluated separately.
Secondly, will I be able to apply for the "2 or more" option when filling out CSR?
Thirdly, could I get rejected because I only have ACCA. If WES evaluates ACCA as a degree at least, shouldn't it be accepted?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Varun
hi Varun

Have you got your wes assessment? can u apply for "2 or more" option in CSR?

Did they certify the Advanced Diploma as a bachelors degree??

waiting for reply

Thanks

Manan

solidmonki

Sep 30, 2018
Saudi Arabia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-03-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2019
Med's Done....
03-03-2019
Gents, i need assistance.

I am currently filling up the form for Ontario PNP Application.

I got the WES equivalence of 2 (4 year) bachelor degrees for my ACCA and OBU Degree.

Now in the form, it's asking me the duration and country of my study.

Thing is both ACCA and OBU are practically the same period if we see the transcripts, so i am not sure what i should be declaring in the form.

wont the immigration agent raise questions how i am declaring two full time bachelors for the same period of study?

Also should i mention country as UK or Pakistan (i did part of ACCA in UK actually).

Regards

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Gents, i need assistance.

I am currently filling up the form for Ontario PNP Application.

I got the WES equivalence of 2 (4 year) bachelor degrees for my ACCA and OBU Degree.

Now in the form, it's asking me the duration and country of my study.

Thing is both ACCA and OBU are practically the same period if we see the transcripts, so i am not sure what i should be declaring in the form.

wont the immigration agent raise questions how i am declaring two full time bachelors for the same period of study?

Also should i mention country as UK or Pakistan (i did part of ACCA in UK actually).

Regards
No, concurrent education is not an issue. Just provide an explanation how did you complete it in your documents, hopefully in LOE

MREZA1988

Feb 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Hoping someone can help me on this matter. I have completed 80% of CA in Sri Lanka. I have transcripts to prove the same. Can anyone guide me who I would need to contact to get the credentials evaluated. I would like to apply for the express entry program.

Thank you,
Rizwan

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hello Everyone,
Hoping someone can help me on this matter. I have completed 80% of CA in Sri Lanka. I have transcripts to prove the same. Can anyone guide me who I would need to contact to get the credentials evaluated. I would like to apply for the express entry program.

Thank you,
Rizwan
The credential will be evaluated by WES. You need to create an account.

To send transcript directly, CASL has online transcript facility for members, I am not sure about students,

MREZA1988

Feb 20, 2019
The credential will be evaluated by WES. You need to create an account.

To send transcript directly, CASL has online transcript facility for members, I am not sure about students,

Hi, thanks for your reply.
You mean they will evaluate CASL even though I have not completed the full course?

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hi, thanks for your reply.
You mean they will evaluate CASL even though I have not completed the full course?
I have no idea how WES do it but, if you CASL issues a transcript for what you have done, they should in my opinion.

I have used the option for a transcript for CA members.

I know CIMA issues for part qualified persons.

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Sandesh,

I am also planning to get ECA done by WES. However, i am not sure whether i am only required to submit ACCA documents or do i need to submit my secondary level documents. I dont have graduation.

Appreciate if you can guide.

Regards,

FRG
Dear

You only have to submit your degree certificate along with marksheet .Which has to be sent by your college in sealed pack envelope.

Best wishes

alizafar24

Apr 10, 2019
Hi All,

I am following this forum for 7 months and I found its members quite helpful. I have an issue which requires your attention. I am currently living in Pakistan and I am applying for Canadian immigration. I am ACCA member and I want to apply for CPA membership under MRA between ACCA and CPA. I have gone through the requirements of the MRA and I found that it requires university degree of 3/4 years. I started studying ACCA after high school at very young age. As of now, I don’t have any university degree and if enrol into any such program then it would take 2-3 years to complete.
I, due to some reason, opted-out of the BSc (Hons.) of Oxford brookes degree at the time of my ACCA Registration although I passed F4 paper before any of the F7,F8 and F9 exams.

I would be grateful if you let me know whether I will be exempt of this degree requirement in this case?

If not then assessment of CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) qualification by WES would count
towards the university degree requirement of MRA?

I have few more questions if you guys please help me.

If neither Exemption nor CAT works then MSc in professional accountancy from university of London offered after ACCA would count as university degree for this MRA?

Lastly, If I skip all these steps and just immigrate to Canada with only ACCA membership and 3/4 years of experience in hand would it be enough to land accounts/audit job in 2 months?

I would be grateful if the veteran members (especially the ones currently residing in Canada) of this forum help me in this regard.

Many Thanks,

MREZA1988

Feb 20, 2019
Hi,
I have a completed BSc degree in Finance and WES evaluated it under the category of 3 year program.
Can I start a diploma for it to be considered as 2 degrees (1 must be more than 3 years)?

Appreciate some guidance here

Thanks,

remzkhan

Apr 5, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I am Part Qualified ACCA as I've completed ACCA till F9. I have the OBU Degree and the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business. Would this be enough to get a CES assessment of 2 degrees or more?

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I have not completed ACCA. I just have the degree AND diploma.

Regards,
Rehman Khan