+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

GweenTea

May 30, 2019
Hello fellas,

I found this thread while looking for answers too. My situation is as follows:

1) I have just completed ACCA exams and became an Affiliate in April 2019. I also completed CAT exam in 2014
2) I have asked ACCA to send my transcript to WES and it arrived at their hands on 14 May 2019
3) Waiting for results (Processing day: 35 days as stated on my WES profile)

When it is done, I hope to answer some of the people's questions here.
Hopefully, they give me two or more certificate instead of just bachelors.

Reactions: Aamirnawaz

MREZA1988

Feb 20, 2019
The credential will be evaluated by WES. You need to create an account.

To send transcript directly, CASL has online transcript facility for members, I am not sure about students,
Hi, WES accepted the transcript but gave this reply as well, what do I do?

"Reason:
The documents sent to WES do not indicate your graduation date or the date of your degree conferral. WES requires proof that your degree has been awarded.

Instructions: Please send WES a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate. OR, you can ask your awarding institution to send WES a written statement confirming the date of your graduation or degree conferral OR to complete and send this WES Confirmation of Degree Conferral Form. This should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official."

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hi, WES accepted the transcript but gave this reply as well, what do I do?

"Reason:
The documents sent to WES do not indicate your graduation date or the date of your degree conferral. WES requires proof that your degree has been awarded.

Instructions: Please send WES a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate. OR, you can ask your awarding institution to send WES a written statement confirming the date of your graduation or degree conferral OR to complete and send this WES Confirmation of Degree Conferral Form. This should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official."
They have instructed what to do. You can send your degree certificate. They want to see something saying that the degree was awarded/conferred on a particular date. Or you can simply ask CASL to fill "WES confirmaton of degree conferral form" and send.

MFA04

Jun 14, 2019
My 2-year bachelor was assessed as 2 year post secondary diploma by WES. ACCA was assessed as a 4-year degree. I don't have bachelor from Oxford Brook, but will get MSc from UOL this year. I am also looking for an answer to my question. Will CPA Canada consider my MSc from UOL as a master degree? Will I be able to get CGA membership based on my ACCA + M.Sc from UOL..This thread mostly contains questions. I don't know why people stop responding to questions once they are through.
I have the same question. Did you find any guidance on it? If yes please do share

Reactions: NOMAD2017

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I have the same question. Did you find any guidance on it? If yes please do share
Not yet, but one of the seniors at UOL told my husband that Ontario would accept any degree (bachelor or master) in order to issue CGA membership.

bummyhollar

Jul 3, 2019
morning all,

please I need more clarification on NOC to choose. I have BSc accounting and Advanced diploma in accounting and business (ACCA) and 2 papers left to qualify for ACCA. Pls should I choose NOC 1111 or NOC 1311 .Since i am not yet chartered as required for NOC 1111. my job duties is also related to both NOC.kindly advised.

SRV93

Jul 17, 2018
Dear colleague,

I am currently ACCA member with 7 year audit experience. I am planing to do the Bsc from OBU for my assessment to be counted as 2 bachelors degree. Just want you to confirm that WES will assess ACCA and BSc as 2 degrees.

your response shall be appreciated.

Thanks.
Dear Colleagues,

I have completed my OBU and ACCA. What is the process of submitting the OBU for WES verification? Does OBU send it directly or do i have to send documents from my end?
Secondly, for family immigration, does my wife's qualification need to be submitted to WES for verification for canada immigration purpose? as her qualification also carry points for the express entry.

Aamirnawaz

Jul 23, 2019
Hello murtazajaffri_cca,

Congrats! I have the BSc hons from Oxford Brookes University and I'm an ACCA member.

1. Which options shall I choose in on WES for both Bsc hons and ACCA?
What did you choose from options below on WES for ACCA: (I am really confused with this)
Country of Education: UK?
Name of Credentials: ??
Name of Institution: ??
Institution Type: ??

2. Will I get two 3 years bachelor or just one?

3. I have been working full time (paid) since I completed part 1 of ACCA in 2011. But I passed all ACCA papers and awarded Bsc Hons by Oxford Brookes University in June 2014 and finally became a member in May 2015. How many years of experience can I claim provided I can provide the work experience letters containing all the points required?

4. I am a total newbie so I just wanted to ask something about the CRS. Lets say if I have 425 points and the CIC draws 420 points so is it guaranteed I will get the ITA or there is the element of lottery even if I have more points then what has been drawn?

A million thanks in advance! I would really appreciate if anyone can answer the above questions.
Hello, everyone.

I am ACCA Affiliate and I had recently passed OBU but like you, all know they will send my Degree certificate in September.

My question is can I send the request to OBU to send my Transcript or other documents whatever required by WES. Will OBU send or I should wait until I do get my degree certificate.?

Thanks

Aamirnawaz

Jul 23, 2019
Hello, everyone.

I am ACCA Affiliate and I had recently passed OBU but like you, all know they will send my Degree certificate in September.

My question is can I send the request to OBU to send my Transcript or other documents whatever required by WES. Will OBU send or I should wait until I do get my degree certificate.?

Thanks

Aamirnawaz

Jul 23, 2019
Hi
I am an ACCA member and got evaluated from WES as equivalent to 3 years Canadian Bachelors

I want to apply in the Category of 0111 (Financial Managers) and meet all other requirements of immigration. Just need to know that does this WES evaluation meets the minimum educaiton requirement to apply for the 0111 category?

Please reply

Regards
Hello Brother,
I am ACCA affiliate can I apply for evaluation or its required membership first. ?

Aamirnawaz

Jul 23, 2019
No, ACCA Members/Affiliate get 3 years degree equivalency.

ACCA Member/Affiliates with OBU BSC get 4 years 2 university degrees.
hello friend,

I am ACCA affiliate I did not get membership yet can I apply for evaluation or I need Memrship first kindly reply if you have any idea.

Prob

Aug 25, 2018
Hi -
I've completed OBU though the exemptions taken from CA - ACCA mutual recognition agreement after completing the required subjects. What is the equivalency for the Oxford Brookes Degree by the WES. Has anybody completed the WES assessment in scenario like this?

SRV93

Jul 17, 2018
Dear Colleagues,

I have completed my OBU and ACCA. What is the process of submitting the OBU for WES verification? Does OBU send it directly or do i have to send documents from my end?
Secondly, for family immigration, does my wife's qualification need to be submitted to WES for verification for canada immigration purpose? as her qualification also carry points for the express entry.
Anyone can assist with the above query? Will be much appreciated.

SRV93

Jul 17, 2018
I am not sure about that. But you can definitely try and see what equivalency they give. after all, the fee is same whether you get one qualification assessed or three.
As an update, i have now completed the OBU and therefore have ACCA and OBU degree.
I had previously sent my ACCA and local CPA qualifications for WES assessments and WES only considered ACCA as a four year degree equivalent and disregarded the CPA saying it was not an academic qualification.
I now wish to send my OBU for WES assessment and need guidance on whether i should include my ACCA for assessment or the earlier assessment counts.
I'm also unsure if OBU sends the results directly to WES or i have to send them. I think there is an online platform where i can order the transcript online and put the delivery address of WES and quote the reference number for delivery to them. Has this method been tried by any one?

Secondly, i plan to apply for my wife's PR along with mine and need to know whether her qualifications need to be assessed by WES. She is currently doing her ABE Degree(Association of Business Executives) and has been doing for the past 2 and half years of which she has two certificates. I'm hoping this can be counted as two years college/university qualification.

Kindly give your views on the above matters.

Your response shall be highly appreciated.

bummyhollar

Jul 3, 2019
morning all,

please I need more clarification on NOC to choose. I have BSc accounting and Advanced diploma in accounting and business (ACCA) and 2 papers left to qualify for ACCA. Pls should I choose NOC 1111 or NOC 1311 .Since i am not yet chartered as required for NOC 1111. my job duties is also related to both NOC.kindly advised