+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

Alinaqi

Jul 25, 2017
Hi All,

I am an ACCA member applying WES assessment. Unfortunately, this is the only qualification that I have and I am hovering around the cut off for the express entry route.

While applying for the WES assessment I may have made a mistake by selecting two certificates for assessment;
1) Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
2) ACCA Membership Certificate

Technically, the Advanced Diploma is considered equivalent to a bachelors degree while completion of the professional papers is equal to a masters degree.

First of all I would like to know if I made a mistake by trying to get both certificates evaluated separately.
Secondly, will I be able to apply for the "2 or more" option when filling out CSR?
Thirdly, could I get rejected because I only have ACCA. If WES evaluates ACCA as a degree at least, shouldn't it be accepted?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Varun
Hey Varun, When you evaluated your Advanced Diploma did you get the amounts of university credits per each exam taken?

Secondly, did you send any results of Form 4 exams?

varunkrishi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hey Varun, When you evaluated your Advanced Diploma did you get the amounts of university credits per each exam taken?

Secondly, did you send any results of Form 4 exams?
Hi Alinaqi,

I am sorry, but I do not exactly understand what you meant by the university credits. What would be the use of getting this information for assessment anyways? I am still waiting for my WES assessment, will receive it in another 2 weeks or so.

Also, what is a Form 4?

Thanks,
Varun

Alinaqi

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Alinaqi,

I am sorry, but I do not exactly understand what you meant by the university credits. What would be the use of getting this information for assessment anyways? I am still waiting for my WES assessment, will receive it in another 2 weeks or so.

Also, what is a Form 4?

Thanks,
Varun
University credits are used for upgrading your Diploma into a degree. Basically i want to evaluate my diploma for transfer into a university and to be exempted from some of their courses.

By Form 4/Grade 11, I mean the High school/Secondary Education exam results

varunkrishi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
University credits are used for upgrading your Diploma into a degree. Basically i want to evaluate my diploma for transfer into a university and to be exempted from some of their courses.

By Form 4/Grade 11, I mean the High school/Secondary Education exam results
Oh you are doing the assessment to go for further studies. I am not too sure but I read in some forums that people have gotten their Advanced Diploma got 3 years bachelors degree. I will let you know as soon as I get my results however.

I did not submit my schooling certificates at all. Maybe you would need to since you are trying to get into a Uni over there.

I am sorry, I know this is not very helpful. Please just wait until a more knowledgeable member in this forum gives you an adequate reply.

KMINHAJ63

Aug 14, 2018
Dear Seniors / Experts

Please advise as I am an ACCA Qualified, B. Com and MBA Finance (Pakistan) but due to non payment of ACCA membership Fee since last few years, my name is not on ACCA membership register.

1) Please advise should I re-register with ACCA Membership to get WES assessment or ACCA Final Certificate shall be sufficient?

2) Does ACCA membership make any difference in assessment?

3) Without re-registering as ACCA Member, would ACCA send my final completion certificates to WES or not?

By re-registering as ACCA Member, I have to pay 3-4 years membership fee which will be financial burden for me. Please advise.

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Dear Seniors / Experts

Please advise as I am an ACCA Qualified, B. Com and MBA Finance (Pakistan) but due to non payment of ACCA membership Fee since last few years, my name is not on ACCA membership register.

1) Please advise should I re-register with ACCA Membership to get WES assessment or ACCA Final Certificate shall be sufficient?

2) Does ACCA membership make any difference in assessment?

3) Without re-registering as ACCA Member, would ACCA send my final completion certificates to WES or not?

By re-registering as ACCA Member, I have to pay 3-4 years membership fee which will be financial burden for me. Please advise.
You may just send MBA and B. Com.
You can get maximum score for a masters, I believe if ykur MBA is assessed as a masters.
Hence no need to send ACCA.

Goodluck!

KMINHAJ63

Aug 14, 2018
QUOTE="wchaudhry, post: 7251055, member: 709528"]You may just send MBA and B. Com.
You can get maximum score for a masters, I believe if ykur MBA is assessed as a masters.

Goodluck![/QUOTE]

Thanks for guidance. So ACCA membership / Final certificates shall not make any difference if I hold MBA Finance Degree? Please correct if I am wrong.

Please note that I have B. Com (2 Years) and MBA Finance (2Years).

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
QUOTE="wchaudhry, post: 7251055, member: 709528"]You may just send MBA and B. Com.

Goodluck!
Thanks for guidance. So ACCA membership / Final certificates shall not make any difference if I hold MBA Finance Degree? Please correct if I am wrong.

Please note that I have B. Com (2 Years) and MBA Finance (2Years).[/QUOTE]
If your mba gets properly assessed as a masters.
Not sure if that would be assessed as a masters or a bachelors considering ykunhad a two year bcom

Mkhan_Khi

Jan 17, 2018
Dear Seniors / Experts

1) Please advise should I re-register with ACCA Membership to get WES assessment or ACCA Final Certificate shall be sufficient? No need to registers for Membership. Just courier from your home country ACCA Affiliate and membership certificate and ask ACCA connect to send to WES your transcripts.

2) Does ACCA membership make any difference in assessment? You have to send in the membership certificate and affiliate certificate both.

3) Without re-registering as ACCA Member, would ACCA send my final completion certificates to WES or not? yes, they do. I also had the same situation.

By re-registering as ACCA Member, I have to pay 3-4 years membership fee which will be financial burden for me. Don't even think of wasting so much money on this its not required.

KMINHAJ63

Aug 14, 2018
Request from experts / seniors:

Please guide for start date of education for WES by keeping the following questions:

1) for Secondary Education (10 years school education) what should be start date. Suppose I have passed my matric exams (Secondary School Certificate) in year 2000. Should I write start date as 1998 to 2000 (last two years of exams) or 1990 to 2000 (whole school attending period).

2) If a three year professional degree i.e. ACCA I have passed in fives years due to fail in some semester. Should I write my start date from registration date with the Institute or three years back dated of completion date. For example, If I have joined ACCA in year 2004, but failed in some papers and passed in 2010. Start date should be 2004 or 2007. The course duration is three years.

Please clear as I am confused.

Thanks.

daniyalyounus

Sep 30, 2018
Hello, just got 3 years bachelor from WES,

I sent ACCA membership certificate (mandatory),
ACCA Fundamental, professional, diploma certificate,
ACCA masters equivalency provided by ACCA UK.

I asked ACCA UK to directly post the same documents signed and stamped including transcript to WES.

WES will provide u candidate number and their address of canadian office once u pay their fee after making an account on their website.

Thanks!
HI Please advice what did you mention in this tab "Name of Diploma/Certificate" ?