+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about sending documents to wes

rkyogi

Apr 19, 2018
Dear Tinevisce,

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Do you, by the way, happen to know if your transcripts contained all years marks subject wise or just consolidated marks for each year? I got two copies of transcripts from my university, which happens to be University of Rajasthan, and when I opened one of the stamped envelops, it only contained one A4 sheet (plain paper) bearing my consolidated marks for the year and few other details with no official stamp over it (the stamp was only on the envelope). Is such document acceptable by WES? Does it should have all years attested mark sheet as well?

Any advice or suggestion is highly appreciated. Have a good one!
hello, i want to get my transcript from university of rajasthan. what is the process?? Can send attested xerox copy of my Marksheet from University.??

Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,

I got my transcripts, but I opened the sealed envelop, but they say we need to send them sealed one, will they accept if I send them by sealing again?

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I got my transcripts, but I opened the sealed envelop, but they say we need to send them sealed one, will they accept if I send them by sealing again?
Do not send envelopes once opened. You should send only sealed envelopes. This is to prevent any fraud/misrepresentation. You'll be wasting time and money by resealing and sending it to them.

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Hey.
Do we need to mention anything on the degree, for instance, wes ref no.
Yes. Just write your WES ref no at the top of the document you're faxing.

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, I’m in the middle of the process of sending my documents to WES Canada.

However, I have an issue that I’m facing and I’m not sure what to do exactly.

When I directly contacted WES I told them that I currently have in possession my official diploma with the supplement in my native tonque and I also have original translated versions into english with an apostile.
WES actually told me that they want either me or my institution to send them in a sealed envelope my official degree certificate in my native tongue with an apostile as well as my original supplement with the same. And they also told me that the translated documents should be sent to them as photocopies.

So my concern is: should I really send the documents as they told me or make photocopies of all and ask my institution to send them on my behalf, or go to my institution and give them my diploma with the supplement and ask them to send it along with the other photocopies?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

canadaspire

Jul 8, 2018
Hello,
I recently contacted WES via email to clarify about the process of sending the documents when evaluating two credentials and their response wasn't very helpful. To elucidate further, I have posted the email and the reply below:

My Email:
Dear WES Team, I want to evaluate my academic transcripts I have received from my educational institutions. I did my Bachelors from my home country of Nepal and further education after that from the UK. I am currently residing in Nepal. I will receive the documents of my degree from the UK soon and have already received the transcript from the Nepalese University as I completed my Bachelors degree years ago. I want to evaluate both of these credentials for my Express Entry application. You mention that the transcripts must be enveloped and sealed while sending it to WES. My UK degree will be given to me in the near future sealed and enveloped, however, my Bachelors Degree transcript are not new and not enveloped as given by the University because I have had to use it many times after that. Therefore, can you suggest me as to how should I send these documents to WES for the evaluation. I am hoping to do this as soon as I get an answer as this issue is not clearly mentioned in the website/ FAQs. Thank you.

WES's Reply: Sent on 7/4/2018
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for your message.
Please visit our website for detailed information on the required documents for an evaluation and how to properly submit them. Please note that it is your responsibility to have your academic documents sent to WES.
We will send you an update by email each time a new academic document has been reviewed. It will indicate the status of all documents that are required to complete your evaluation. Your evaluation will proceed after all required documents have been received and accepted by WES.
Best regards,
Shawn K.
WES Customer Service

As you can see, my query still remains to be answered. I am also not sure if I can prepare a bigger envelope to put my Bachelors Degree transcript along with my sealed UK degree transcript and put WES Reference number on the outside?

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hello,
I recently contacted WES via email to clarify about the process of sending the documents when evaluating two credentials and their response wasn't very helpful. To elucidate further, I have posted the email and the reply below:

My Email:
Dear WES Team, I want to evaluate my academic transcripts I have received from my educational institutions. I did my Bachelors from my home country of Nepal and further education after that from the UK. I am currently residing in Nepal. I will receive the documents of my degree from the UK soon and have already received the transcript from the Nepalese University as I completed my Bachelors degree years ago. I want to evaluate both of these credentials for my Express Entry application. You mention that the transcripts must be enveloped and sealed while sending it to WES. My UK degree will be given to me in the near future sealed and enveloped, however, my Bachelors Degree transcript are not new and not enveloped as given by the University because I have had to use it many times after that. Therefore, can you suggest me as to how should I send these documents to WES for the evaluation. I am hoping to do this as soon as I get an answer as this issue is not clearly mentioned in the website/ FAQs. Thank you.

WES's Reply: Sent on 7/4/2018
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for your message.
Please visit our website for detailed information on the required documents for an evaluation and how to properly submit them. Please note that it is your responsibility to have your academic documents sent to WES.
We will send you an update by email each time a new academic document has been reviewed. It will indicate the status of all documents that are required to complete your evaluation. Your evaluation will proceed after all required documents have been received and accepted by WES.
Best regards,
Shawn K.
WES Customer Service

As you can see, my query still remains to be answered. I am also not sure if I can prepare a bigger envelope to put my Bachelors Degree transcript along with my sealed UK degree transcript and put WES Reference number on the outside?
Hi, so what you need to do is ask your institutions from Nepal and UK to send your transcripts to WES directly sealed in an envelope. In the mean time make copies of both your degree certificates and notarize them and send them to WES directly yourself ( don't forget to include your WES reference Nr. on each envelope, you might as well ask your institutions to that) If one of your universities has given you official supplement with your degree then you don't need to ask them for transcripts, just need to make another copy of the supplement notarize it and send to WES.

canadaspire

Jul 8, 2018
Hi, so what you need to do is ask your institutions from Nepal and UK to send your transcripts to WES directly sealed in an envelope. In the mean time make copies of both your degree certificates and notarize them and send them to WES directly yourself ( don't forget to include your WES reference Nr. on each envelope, you might as well ask your institutions to that) If one of your universities has given you official supplement with your degree then you don't need to ask them for transcripts, just need to make another copy of the supplement notarize it and send to WES.
I still am not clear regarding this however. WES clearly states notarizing is not allowed and to ask institute from Nepal means I have to give them my transcripts again and ask them to send? I can make the university in the UK send it to WES directly but from Nepal it will be a hassle. I mean I got my transcripts and degree certificate 5 years ago. It is with me now. How should I proceed? Thanks for your reply by the way. Also please have a look at the following link and you will understand what I intend to do:
https://www.quora.com/For-sending-transcripts-to-WES-am-I-supposed-to-send-each-credential-in-a-different-envelope-or-all-in-a-single-envelope

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
I still am not clear regarding this however. WES clearly states notarizing is not allowed and to ask institute from Nepal means I have to give them my transcripts again and ask them to send? I can make the university in the UK send it to WES directly but from Nepal it will be a hassle. I mean I got my transcripts and degree certificate 5 years ago. It is with me now. How should I proceed? Thanks for your reply by the way. Also please have a look at the following link and you will understand what I intend to do:
https://www.quora.com/For-sending-transcripts-to-WES-am-I-supposed-to-send-each-credential-in-a-different-envelope-or-all-in-a-single-envelope
Have you checked the document requirements on WES for Nepal?

canadaspire

Jul 8, 2018
This is what I have understood so far--- For the UK credential, sending and evaluating it won't be a problem. In the case for Nepalese degrees, however, I have to send 1) the degree certificate (not the original one) and WES does not mention it has to be notarized and 2) the transcript in a sealed envelope to be sent by the university.
Now what I want to know is 1) after I receive the sealed and enveloped transcript from the University in Nepal, can I send it on my own or does the university have to send it?
2) also when sending the UK documents, I will be sending the original copy sealed and yet WES mentions not to send original copies. There is a lot of confusion about this and I am surprised WES has not sorted this kind of dilemma for applicants in its website.

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
This is what I have understood so far--- For the UK credential, sending and evaluating it won't be a problem. In the case for Nepalese degrees, however, I have to send 1) the degree certificate (not the original one) and WES does not mention it has to be notarized and 2) the transcript in a sealed envelope to be sent by the university.
Now what I want to know is 1) after I receive the sealed and enveloped transcript from the University in Nepal, can I send it on my own or does the university have to send it?
2) also when sending the UK documents, I will be sending the original copy sealed and yet WES mentions not to send original copies. There is a lot of confusion about this and I am surprised WES has not sorted this kind of dilemma for applicants in its website.
Sorry for the late reply,

Regarding your first question:

When I sent my documents to WES I had two options:
1. Ask my institution to send my transcripts directly in a sealed envelope with stamp and signature
2. Have the envelope sealed in advance and send it myself on their behalf.

I chose Nr. 2, otherwise I had to pay additional $50 for FedEx to my institution, instead I've decided to send my transcripts by regular post mail on behalf of my institution. It wouldn't be a problem as long as you have your envelope stamped and sealed by your university. You may also include a notarized copy of your degree certificate in that envelope in order to save time and money for additional courier services. The way I see it, WES asks you for your official transcripts + a notarized copy of your degree certificate from Nepal, ( I checked the document requirements for Nepal earlier and it seems that you need to fill out some sort of an application as well, better have it double checked)
You can ask your institution to issue you another transcript document for a fee in order to have it sent, because all documents become property of WES when they get delivered to them.

The same applies to your second question:

Send transcripts + a notarized copy of your certificate from either your institution or yourself by having them sealed and stamped in advance.

PS: If there is anything wrong afterwards, WES will contact you to provide them with additional documents.

Last edited:

canadaspire

Jul 8, 2018
Sorry for the late reply,

Regarding your first question:

When I sent my documents to WES I had two options:
1. Ask my institution to send my transcripts directly in a sealed envelope with stamp and signature
2. Have the envelope sealed in advance and send it myself on their behalf.

I chose Nr. 2, otherwise I had to pay additional $50 for FedEx to my institution, instead I've decided to send my transcripts by regular post mail on behalf of my institution. It wouldn't be a problem as long as you have your envelope stamped and sealed by your university. You may also include a notarized copy of your degree certificate in that envelope in order to save time and money for additional courier services. The way I see it, WES asks you for your official transcripts + a notarized copy of your degree certificate from Nepal, ( I checked the document requirements for Nepal earlier and it seems that you need to fill out some sort of an application as well, better have it double checked)
You can ask your institution to issue you another transcript document for a fee in order to have it sent, because all documents become property of WES when they get delivered to them.

The same applies to your second question:

Send transcripts + a notarized copy of your certificate from either your institution or yourself by having them sealed and stamped in advance.

PS: If there is anything wrong afterwards, WES will contact you to provide them with additional documents.
Thank you indeed for this information. Just to be clear, so I can send the transcripts and degree certificates to WES myself (sealed and enveloped). So I gather the documents and have it delivered to WES.
1) Is this it or are there other formalities?
2) How do I notarize the degree certificate? Are there any special requirements for this or can I have it notarized anywhere.
3) It is always wise to get a bulk of your credentials assessed at once but if it is a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science from the UK, do you think only getting PGDip assessed will be enough.
4) Also on the same note, PGDip. from the UK most probably means that I have to select "A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), "
So does this mean for the 3 year or more certificate I have to get my Bachelors Degree evaluated as well?

Thank you pierrekiprov in advance.

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
No problem!

This is what WES want you to do regarding the degree certificate
“For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document.”

The notarization can be made anywhere, just make a copy of your certificate, go to a notary, bring your certificate as well for him to compare the original and the copy you made and he’ll legalize the copy.

About your degree from the UK, I cant say for sure. Just have it assessed from WES first, wait for your results and then when the time comes and you know your results will apply it to your profile. We can only guess what your report might be.

About sending the documents, in general:

If you think its better to send them directly from your university then make the copy of your certificate and give it to your institution to put it in the envelope where the trancripts are.
If you are sending the documents by yourself, make sure to ask your institution to put their stamp, signature and seal it infront of you, you just give them the documents.

Bhum_D

Jun 29, 2018
Hi All,

I heard from one of the immigration consultants that, recently (n past 15-20 days) WES has changed the process and now they don't insist on transcript from college/university. Instead they ask for each and every attested marksheet of all the degrees in the sealed envelop.
Is any one here in middle of WES process and experienced the same? I want to confirm this.