+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about sending documents to wes

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi All,

I heard from one of the immigration consultants that, recently (n past 15-20 days) WES has changed the process and now they don't insist on transcript from college/university. Instead they ask for each and every attested marksheet of all the degrees in the sealed envelop.
Is any one here in middle of WES process and experienced the same? I want to confirm this.
Every country from which the degree was issued has it’s specifics. Me personally, I didn’t have to send transcripts because my certificate had a supplement and WES wanted me to make a copy of both and send them

Bhum_D

Jun 29, 2018
Thanks.
To be specific, I am applying from India.
I have Bachelors + PG Diploma + Masters

Could you please elaborate "my certificate had a supplement"?

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Thanks.

Thanks.

The supplement is the same thing as the transcripts, shows every subject you've taken throughout your whole education. In my case I didn't have to send transcripts because I already had this document with my certificate from my institution. Some universities give students the degree certificate with the supplement. Others give the certificate without it, thus the applicants are required to provide transcripts to WES from their institution.

In your case: If you have only the degree certificates for your education you will need to ask your institution/s to send original transcripts to WES, while in the mean time you need to make a copy of your diplomas and send them yourself.

Bhum_D

Jun 29, 2018
Thanks again.
I have all marksheets with subject and marks mentioned + degree certificate as separate document.

canadaspire

Jul 8, 2018
No problem!

This is what WES want you to do regarding the degree certificate
“For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document.”

The notarization can be made anywhere, just make a copy of your certificate, go to a notary, bring your certificate as well for him to compare the original and the copy you made and he’ll legalize the copy.

About your degree from the UK, I cant say for sure. Just have it assessed from WES first, wait for your results and then when the time comes and you know your results will apply it to your profile. We can only guess what your report might be.

About sending the documents, in general:

If you think its better to send them directly from your university then make the copy of your certificate and give it to your institution to put it in the envelope where the trancripts are.
If you are sending the documents by yourself, make sure to ask your institution to put their stamp, signature and seal it infront of you, you just give them the documents.
Hello pierrekiprov,
You mentioned sending the documents on the university's behalf. Can you elaborate on this. Is it the same as us sending the document or do we need to do something else?

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hello pierrekiprov,
You mentioned sending the documents on the university's behalf. Can you elaborate on this. Is it the same as us sending the document or do we need to do something else?
Hi,

Technically it's the same thing, you just need to ask them to seal the envelope, sign it, stamp it and you'll be ready to go.
The sender's address will be your university marked on the envelope, only you will be the one mailing it to WES.
This is not mandatory though, if you want everything to be neat and clean you can just ask them to send those documents by themselves without you engaging.

jvynne

Jul 23, 2018
Hi All,

Please I have a peculiar situation. I requested for my transcript ie 2 copies to different organizations. My school mistakenly addressed both to same organization . Will WES accept the one not addressed to them but sealed and in institution’s envelop? Please if anyone has been in this situation kindly share your experience so I know how to proceed. Trying to minimize cost and time. Thanks

SUMITacharya

Jul 20, 2018
  1. is it necessary to pay HST for wes? what if i pay without HST? reply me asap
  2. All mark-sheets are necessary to send if we have transcript n degree certificate?

jvynne

Jul 23, 2018
Hi All,

Please I have a peculiar situation. I requested for my transcript ie 2 copies to different organizations. My school mistakenly addressed both to same organization . Will WES accept the one not addressed to them but sealed and in institution’s envelop? Please if anyone has been in this situation kindly share your experience so I know how to proceed. Trying to minimize cost and time. Thanks

Somebody please help

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Here's what I did, hope this helps! (My uni does not send documents to other institutes and just hands over the sealed envelope to applicants for them to mail)

1. Apply to your university for the transcripts, clearly mention to them that you need this for Visa purpose. Unis are used to this requirement and often have a separate cell for dealing with transcript requests.
  2. Typically, the transcripts come attested by default by the relevant authority from your uni: you just have to ensure that they put your transcript in a uni envelope, seal it, and finally stamp and sign the sealed back-flap. Do not tamper with the seal under any circumstances, ensure that it's secure
  3. Complete your profile in WES and pay the fees. This gets you your reference number.
  4. On the top of the sealed envelope, neatly write the WES Reference # along with their address.
  5. Get a clear, colour photocopy of your degree certificate. I laminated mine, but I guess that's not necessary
  6. Take a larger envelope (large enough to comfortably fit the transcript envelope plus the degree certificate copy) and put in the above two items inside it.
  7. Once again, write out the reference # and address on the outer envelope too, seal securely and courier.
hi,what is the from address need to written on the larger envelop ,which contains both sealed envelop and degree certificate?
is it my address or the college address?kindly reply as soon as possible

shiji

Oct 20, 2017
i had a query about my wes process.i send my transcript to wes and they accepted my degree certificate but they were saying that WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution. WES requires your institution to send academic documents directly to WES.Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.what should i do for that situation.can you please assist.how to contact university and tell them to send directly.Is there any online site for that and what are the process. Thank you.

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
i had a query about my wes process.i send my transcript to wes and they accepted my degree certificate but they were saying that WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution. WES requires your institution to send academic documents directly to WES.Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.what should i do for that situation.can you please assist.how to contact university and tell them to send directly.Is there any online site for that and what are the process. Thank you.
Hi, how u send your documents to wes? Did u send it through your institution sealed envelope?