+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about sending documents to wes

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi Friends, Does the coloured photocopy of the degree certificate also needs to be attested by the college in addition to the attested transcripts?
I already have attested transcripts in sealed envelope; just want to be sure regarding the copy of degree.

canadaspire

Jul 8, 2018
Regarding WES Equivalency Points Calculation, Validity of Work Experience and Upfront Medical

Hello,

I am gathering my documents to make a PR Application through Express Entry (FSW). I have done quite a bit of research online pertaining to WES Equivalency Points Calculation, Validity of Work Experience and Upfront Medical. However, I am still not clear regarding some of the points that could have a direct impact on my application. By creating this post, I hope to get valuable feedback and answers from the well versed members of this forum. So, here goes:

1) I completed my Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science from the UK. The WES Equivalency Report came out as I had hoped for recognizing it as ' Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)'. I had gotten my Bachelors Degree evaluated as well. This means that I will be able to claim points for 'Two or more degrees, one of which.........'. Can the members confirm this?

2) I started my Postgraduate Diploma in September, 2015 and was awarded the degree in February, 2018. In between this period, I was eligible to undertake a full time work placement of one year which I did; working as a Server Administrator from 23 May, 2016 to 30 May, 2017. Now, my queries are:

a) The placement/ work experience fulfills the requirements of a valid work experience as listed out in the CIC Website viz. work hours, NOC Level, etc. And I also understand from having read other posts in the forum that since this placement was done outside Canada albeit during full time studies, it will count as a valid one. Please confirm this.

b) My transcripts state the start and end date of my studies and my reference letter states the same for my work. Will this be a discrepancy in the Visa Officer's viewpoint in that will the Visa Officer doubt the credibility of the work seeing how it was done in the middle of my degree? I have a letter from my University that explains this situation well by outlining that students are permitted to work full time for one year and so on. Should I attach this letter along with the reference letter or will it further complicate things?

c) If I want to explain this, LoE is a great way to do that, but again, is it necessary? If I don't do it, will it put my application under jeopardy?

d) Also my work as a Server Administrator took place for approximately one year. Once again, this was done as a one year fixed term contract. Will this raise the eyebrows of the Officer?

e) What is the format for LoE? Does it need to be hand written and scanned or will a pdf do as well?

3) Because I wanted to gather all the documents before my PR application, I also took my medical exam and the report is ready. Since I am yet to fill out my Express Entry profile and receive an ITA as I am awaiting my IELTS Results, does this mean I have to undergo a medical exam again when I get an ITA which will hopefully be within the next 2 months or so. The current medical report that I have will be valid till that period anyways. Please do clarify.

Many thanks in advance to the grateful individuals who took out their time to answer these questions.

Chetna090784

Jan 10, 2019
Hii
1.Do I need to go to university or college for the documents attestation and sending them via courier to WES?
2.can I send my degree copy on my own separately or by mail?
Thnxxx

Bhum_D

Jun 29, 2018
Hii
1.Do I need to go to university or college for the documents attestation and sending them via courier to WES?
2.can I send my degree copy on my own separately or by mail?
Thnxxx
Yes. You need to ask the university to send in a sealed envelope. From Dec 1 2018, WES has implemented this rule.

Vinessa

Mar 23, 2019
Hello,

I have all my transcripts ready. Is there any possible way i can sent it for ECA by myself rather asking university to send it for me.