+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Jan 8, 2022
but that program I could get if I had bachelor or masters level study. So, I did post degree diploma in business and economics. What surprise me, it is not high school level diploma that anybody could get after studying high school. The college does mention minimum level of education to get into this is 3 or 5 year of degree.so what you opinion on this ?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I did post degree diploma of 1 year. And don’t get it why they refused my application
Generally, 1 year programs don't count but there are exceptions and so the details matter. And, it is also possible that they made a mistake. You have not provided enough details for anyone here to help you specifically determine if your rejection was correct or incorrect so review the following and then get back to us (or a consultant/lawyer) with your details.

1) From IRCC's website regarding TR to PR Pathway eligibility criteria:

Graduation requirements
To be eligible
  • you must have graduated on or after January 1, 2017, from an eligible program at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • you must have been authorized to study for the duration of your studies
  • your school must
    • be a DLI. Check the DLI list to make sure your school is on it.
    • offer post-graduation work permits (PWGPs). You do not need to have a PGWP in order to apply.
Eligible programs
To apply through this stream, you must have graduated with one of the following:
  • a degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate) with a program length of at least 8 months
  • a degree, diploma, certificate or attestation leading to a job from the list of eligible trade occupations
  • a diploma, certificate or attestation for a program that was at least 2 years (16 months) in length
  • two or more diplomas, certificates or attestations where each program was at least 8 months in length
  • a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or an attestation of vocational specialization (AVS) where each program was at least 1,800 hours in length
  • two or more DVS or AVS where each program was at least 900 hours in length
    • When combining 1 AVS with 1 DVS, the length of the AVS program may be less than 900 hours if the combined length is at least 1,800 hours.
2) You have the right to Procedural Fairness: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

IRCC's rejection letter should provide you with details on why you were rejected. After doing your homework above about the details of your Study/Graduation, if you still think an error has been made, you should let them know based on their own criteria (point by point) that you believe you are eligible and provide whatever additional proof you think is required to correct the matter. Unless you are very good at letter writing and proving your points, I suggest you may want find a consultant/lawyer to assist you in this.

3) It's not over until it's over! My personal experience with IRCC making an error was not on TR to PR but on a Study permit extension in July 2021. The agent believed that I was not in a qualifying full-time program because they misunderstood the meaning of a heading on my transcripts. I politely but clearly pointed out their error and also had the Associate Dean of my program write a supporting letter explaining that the heading used on the transcript column did not reflect the program of study and that the Program information was on a different line. It took some patience and back & forthing, but the situation was corrected.

Best wishes! :cool:

Jan 8, 2022
Generally, 1 year programs don't count but there are exceptions and so the details matter. And, it is also possible that they made a mistake. You have not provided enough details for anyone here to help you specifically determine if your rejection was correct or incorrect so review the following and then get back to us (or a consultant/lawyer) with your details.

1) From IRCC's website regarding TR to PR Pathway eligibility criteria:

Graduation requirements
To be eligible
  • you must have graduated on or after January 1, 2017, from an eligible program at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • you must have been authorized to study for the duration of your studies
  • your school must
    • be a DLI. Check the DLI list to make sure your school is on it.
    • offer post-graduation work permits (PWGPs). You do not need to have a PGWP in order to apply.
Eligible programs
To apply through this stream, you must have graduated with one of the following:
  • a degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate) with a program length of at least 8 months
  • a degree, diploma, certificate or attestation leading to a job from the list of eligible trade occupations
  • a diploma, certificate or attestation for a program that was at least 2 years (16 months) in length
  • two or more diplomas, certificates or attestations where each program was at least 8 months in length
  • a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or an attestation of vocational specialization (AVS) where each program was at least 1,800 hours in length
  • two or more DVS or AVS where each program was at least 900 hours in length
    • When combining 1 AVS with 1 DVS, the length of the AVS program may be less than 900 hours if the combined length is at least 1,800 hours.
2) You have the right to Procedural Fairness: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

IRCC's rejection letter should provide you with details on why you were rejected. After doing your homework above about the details of your Study/Graduation, if you still think an error has been made, you should let them know based on their own criteria (point by point) that you believe you are eligible and provide whatever additional proof you think is required to correct the matter. Unless you are very good at letter writing and proving your points, I suggest you may want find a consultant/lawyer to assist you in this.

3) It's not over until it's over! My personal experience with IRCC making an error was not on TR to PR but on a Study permit extension in July 2021. The agent believed that I was not in a qualifying full-time program because they misunderstood the meaning of a heading on my transcripts. I politely but clearly pointed out their error and also had the Associate Dean of my program write a supporting letter explaining that the heading used on the transcript column did not reflect the program of study and that the Program information was on a different line. It took some patience and back & forthing, but the situation was corrected.

Best wishes! :cool:
Thank you for your reply. I also believe that it could be an error. What would you suggest me, what should I ask my college to support my application?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thank you for your reply. I also believe that it could be an error. What would you suggest me, what should I ask my college to support my application?
I don't know because we need details. First, what do YOU think the error is? And what does IRCC's rejection letter say the rejection justification is?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022
I don't know because we need details. First, what do YOU think the error is? And what does IRCC's rejection letter say the rejection justification is?
It’s say your program is one year duration. However, this diploma is not just a diploma which one could get after high school study. This is post- degree diploma where you have to be at least bachelor degree or higher level study to get into this.
So when ircc define 3 points where they mention who are eligible than they prioritize firstly who has , A degree, master or doctorate and second A diploma in skill trade and last is , a diploma at least 16 month of duration
So, my point is when they first prioritize those who has higher level of education. Than why they miss-considering my level of education and study program minimum requirements criteria. Why they just see diploma not post-degree diploma.

phwang10

Nov 28, 2022
is it near UserID:, Time generated; Date generated section at the bottom of each page of gcms notes?
@phwang10 then it's SB31349 for my TR to PR
& SB24462 for my TRV. <-- this one has been long due and this officer has just disappeared. Please let me know if they're under your list as well of careless visa officers?
Not there!

• Sad
Reactions: maxiie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
It’s say your program is one year duration. However, this diploma is not just a diploma which one could get after high school study. This is post- degree diploma where you have to be at least bachelor degree or higher level study to get into this.
So when ircc define 3 points where they mention who are eligible than they prioritize firstly who has , A degree, master or doctorate and second A diploma in skill trade and last is , a diploma at least 16 month of duration
So, my point is when they first prioritize those who has higher level of education. Than why they miss-considering my level of education and study program minimum requirements criteria. Why they just see diploma not post-degree diploma.
Did you receive your first degree from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution? Having a degree from another country and then taking an 8 month or 1 year diploma does not qualify based on my reading of the requirements, unless that diploma is for one of the specifically listed "eligible trade occupations" highlighted in my earlier response. If you did graduate with a degree from a Canadian DLI, then you should not have to rely on the additional 1 year diploma, and would qualify based on that degree all by itself.

Last edited:

Sak786

Nov 8, 2021
Was your program eligible for PGWP / does your institution offers PGWP eligible programs?

Jan 8, 2022
Did you receive your first degree from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution? Having a degree from another country and then taking an 8 month or 1 year diploma does not qualify based on my reading of the requirements, unless that diploma is for one of the specifically listed "eligible trade occupations" highlighted in my earlier response. If you did graduate with a degree from a Canadian DLI, then you should not have to rely on the additional 1 year diploma, and would qualify based on that degree all by itself.
I think you are right but is there any option I can extend my work permit

Oct 26, 2022
Glad to see you in the right discussion thread. Welcome. So let’s start from scratch.

First, it’s good that you have at least received an email from IRCC that they are aware of their delay. What was the date on that email? If you’re like me, you may not receive AOR email until 11-12 months after your original application. Mine was exactly 11 months to the day. You applied in November 2021 so your AOR should be soon.

Next, is your email (& any other contact info) still up-to-date on your account? If yes, good.

You might be able to link your account without an AOR (the email indicating they are starting to process your application & that you should link your application to your account) by going to your account and clicking on the hyperlink wording (in blue) that says “Add (link) your application to your account” which is just below your list of submitted applications. You can try using different combinations of exact information from your TR to PR application, with generally 5 attempts per day allowed. When you sign out of your account, log off properly (don't just let it time out) as this can cause error messages when you try to sign back in. If you get error messages when trying to sign back in, close the link and your browser and then re-open your browser and a fresh page. Linking will tell you that they have finally uploaded your application. OR, you can wait for the AOR and then linking should be easy with your newly assigned Application number.

A few people have found correspondence waiting for them in their account after they linked, sometimes with requests that are overdue. Don’t worry about that yet—we’ll cross that road when if it comes up.

Hello Cher Amie,
Im sorry i just saw your message again, i dont get the notification (and i was busy ,didn't help) but thanks a lot!
So, IRCC sent me an email in july 22 also i talked also with a consultant and she told me that not receiving an AOR after 1 year for the stream french speaker is not normal.
I already tried to link the application today, but it seems that i have to wait 24h now (i tried twice) and again i appreciate you told me that because i was not aware that i could at list try without the AOR.

Natty/@

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
No, just the WP-EXT except PGWP letter on my IRCC portal
Thanks a lot for your reply! So, it a very sad situation can be because without this e-letter the Cross border officer will not give me a paper Permit (usually they can do it). So, if I will wait for an e-letter longer than it must be, I will sit at home without work :( I am a truck driver and my job is delivering goods through the Canada-US cross border, I can't cross the border without an e-letter, as Officer told me there.