+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Has anyone been feeling not so optimistic and hopeful lately? There are so many other things besides the disastrous immigration backlog of skilled people. I am an immigrant, and I do know that skilled immigration is beneficial overall. A lot of immigrants are hard working and do not have millions of dollars to buy homes right away as claimed by many people. However, ever since I’ve come here, I can’t help but wonder if the government is using immigrants to keep housing prices high. We all know the economics of supply and demand. At the start of pandemic, when masks were in short supply, prices increased at an alarming scale. It’s same with housing. For example, in Toronto, buildings constructed after 2018 do not have rent control. Although the govt. sets the rate at around 2% rent increase, it is clearly not being followed. People are getting evicted left and right because landlords are raising rents up to 20% in one year. Anyone who is sensible knows that young generation needs a thriving environment to takeover the country in future. When the whole young generation is living under crunch, how can they be productive, creative, and innovative for a country’s economic success? So many of them are lost in ever-increasing prices of everything. Toronto and Vancouver have become playgrounds for the rich and money launderers. I personally know some foreign people who have rich families in other parts of the world buying condos in Toronto on cash every month. Money laundering is hurting anyone. THIS CAUSES ME SO MUCH STRESS AFTER WORKING SO HARD TO CREATE A LIFE HERE. I’m a healthcare professional. I’ve plans to study more. But it makes me so nervous for my future when I see shitty townhomes in Ottawa getting sold for a million bucks within days. No one that I know in my extended circle in well-paid jobs technically makes that much to afford million dollar townhomes with down payments. So I always wonder why everywhere I look, the only thing you see is banners displaying luxury condos homes townhomes for sale…..Canadians are rich by many standards compared to many other countries, Canadians have high salaries relative to almost all the world….but when I see every housing unit set atleast at a million bucks, this makes me wonder is the govt. so out of touch with reality? No where i see housing getting built for hard working canadians whether they were born here or outside of Canada…

Doug Ford is building 1.5 million houses on greenbelt and floodplains and his rich developer friends are buying that farmland left and right. He claims it will be affordable but we all know nothing will be below a million bucks….governments federal or provinvial are spending billions of dollars left and right to help housing but somehow housing is just doubling in prices left and right? Interest rates will only keep prices down for so long. 500,000 ppl a year (that’s just PRs) and then thousands of students and work permit holders who need rental housing..,.housing is going to be a mess by 2025. I can bet that house prices will break every single record once the economy kicks again and millions of ppl flow inside hoping for a better, stress-free life…..i’m not ready for that, besides the pressure on healthcare will be so hard it’s unimaginable…ppl are already waiting up to 48 hours to see a doctor, millions more without a family doctor, nurses leaving for US for higher pay and cheaper housing, walk ins overwhelmed that they do not even take walk ins anymore and appointments are generally months away when you have a issue that needs urgent treatment……this is all making me so stressed about the coming years…..like all these politicians hold multiple properties benefitting from the housing crisis…..people who got rich overnight because of the housing boom are now leveraging that overnight wealth to buy 2 3 4 5 houses…corporations buying houses in entire neighborhoods to increase rents and leaving young ppl and families dependent on rent their entire life and paying upto 70% of their income just on rent…….besides 1.5 million homes doug ford is promising are in endless suburban sprawl where ppl will be dependent on cars to drive to everything they need….research has shown again and again that single family homes in endless sprawl will bleed cities dry one day……hence you dont see this in europe….

i just recently found out that Vienna, a city always in top 2 for everything has people paying €250-€500 a month for bedroom in the city centre and a lot of them make €80,000 above….because Vienna is building what they call co op housing…..where a loan is taken from bank to construct apartments and then people who live there divide mortage and whatever costs equally and not have to pay mind boggling rents….this is the majority housing in vienna….this also keeps rents and prices of housing build by rich developers in check because nobody wants it….perfect example is in Vancouver …two buildings on same street….one costs $4500 for 2 bedrooms and the other costs $1500 for 2 bedrooms…….i also found out that doug ford is cutting billions of dollars on healthcare spending and this is what is being called a deliberate attempt to introduce private healthcare…there are reports that doctors are already charging a monthly fee for their services from patients in many cities….this is a whole mess…..anyone else on the same page feeling stressed like me?
I hear you -- I think we're all a little or a lot stressed -- which is not unique to us/immigrants -- most of my young Canadian friends are equally stressed about housing, their future prospects, climate change, war, groceries, gas, inflation, school, final exams, etc. There are no easy answers but I think as a country we have as good a chance as any at solving these problems together by continuing to raise the issues, and attempting to participate in solutions, where possible. I think you should direct your 'statement' above to your City Councillor, MLA & MP, thenational@cbc.ca, and the editor of your local newspaper, and anyone else you think can be part of the solution. Best wishes -- hope that PR comes soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: jacob1234

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Has anyone been feeling not so optimistic and hopeful lately? There are so many other things besides the disastrous immigration backlog of skilled people. I am an immigrant, and I do know that skilled immigration is beneficial overall. A lot of immigrants are hard working and do not have millions of dollars to buy homes right away as claimed by many people. However, ever since I’ve come here, I can’t help but wonder if the government is using immigrants to keep housing prices high. We all know the economics of supply and demand. At the start of pandemic, when masks were in short supply, prices increased at an alarming scale. It’s same with housing. For example, in Toronto, buildings constructed after 2018 do not have rent control. Although the govt. sets the rate at around 2% rent increase, it is clearly not being followed. People are getting evicted left and right because landlords are raising rents up to 20% in one year. Anyone who is sensible knows that young generation needs a thriving environment to takeover the country in future. When the whole young generation is living under crunch, how can they be productive, creative, and innovative for a country’s economic success? So many of them are lost in ever-increasing prices of everything. Toronto and Vancouver have become playgrounds for the rich and money launderers. I personally know some foreign people who have rich families in other parts of the world buying condos in Toronto on cash every month. Money laundering is hurting anyone. THIS CAUSES ME SO MUCH STRESS AFTER WORKING SO HARD TO CREATE A LIFE HERE. I’m a healthcare professional. I’ve plans to study more. But it makes me so nervous for my future when I see shitty townhomes in Ottawa getting sold for a million bucks within days. No one that I know in my extended circle in well-paid jobs technically makes that much to afford million dollar townhomes with down payments. So I always wonder why everywhere I look, the only thing you see is banners displaying luxury condos homes townhomes for sale…..Canadians are rich by many standards compared to many other countries, Canadians have high salaries relative to almost all the world….but when I see every housing unit set atleast at a million bucks, this makes me wonder is the govt. so out of touch with reality? No where i see housing getting built for hard working canadians whether they were born here or outside of Canada…

Doug Ford is building 1.5 million houses on greenbelt and floodplains and his rich developer friends are buying that farmland left and right. He claims it will be affordable but we all know nothing will be below a million bucks….governments federal or provinvial are spending billions of dollars left and right to help housing but somehow housing is just doubling in prices left and right? Interest rates will only keep prices down for so long. 500,000 ppl a year (that’s just PRs) and then thousands of students and work permit holders who need rental housing..,.housing is going to be a mess by 2025. I can bet that house prices will break every single record once the economy kicks again and millions of ppl flow inside hoping for a better, stress-free life…..i’m not ready for that, besides the pressure on healthcare will be so hard it’s unimaginable…ppl are already waiting up to 48 hours to see a doctor, millions more without a family doctor, nurses leaving for US for higher pay and cheaper housing, walk ins overwhelmed that they do not even take walk ins anymore and appointments are generally months away when you have a issue that needs urgent treatment……this is all making me so stressed about the coming years…..like all these politicians hold multiple properties benefitting from the housing crisis…..people who got rich overnight because of the housing boom are now leveraging that overnight wealth to buy 2 3 4 5 houses…corporations buying houses in entire neighborhoods to increase rents and leaving young ppl and families dependent on rent their entire life and paying upto 70% of their income just on rent…….besides 1.5 million homes doug ford is promising are in endless suburban sprawl where ppl will be dependent on cars to drive to everything they need….research has shown again and again that single family homes in endless sprawl will bleed cities dry one day……hence you dont see this in europe….

i just recently found out that Vienna, a city always in top 2 for everything has people paying €250-€500 a month for bedroom in the city centre and a lot of them make €80,000 above….because Vienna is building what they call co op housing…..where a loan is taken from bank to construct apartments and then people who live there divide mortage and whatever costs equally and not have to pay mind boggling rents….this is the majority housing in vienna….this also keeps rents and prices of housing build by rich developers in check because nobody wants it….perfect example is in Vancouver …two buildings on same street….one costs $4500 for 2 bedrooms and the other costs $1500 for 2 bedrooms…….i also found out that doug ford is cutting billions of dollars on healthcare spending and this is what is being called a deliberate attempt to introduce private healthcare…there are reports that doctors are already charging a monthly fee for their services from patients in many cities….this is a whole mess…..anyone else on the same page feeling stressed like me?
Pal , dont be so stressed. It is understandable what you go through, and is same for many of us. However, few points since you wrote a long one:

- Goverment of Canada may have an eye on immigrants as bringing money and stimulating demand in general, I dont think they are sitting there and planning to keep housing prices high. Canadian life affordability is in their favor, so they wont want to do that.

- It is not only you and immigrants. Canadians themselves suffer equally from expenses and life becoming less affordable. While most of immigrants are coming from countries that this kind of situation has been a permanent one throughout their lives and life in general is more demanding, don't forget for Canadians it is not a habit. So they actually suffer more.

- I can name you many immigrants that I personally know ( among my friends ) who came here in or after 2019 and got their PR in 2021 and on who have bought a house with almost empty hand. none of them brought more than 50K here in Toronto. All of these guys were not able to afford even a shitty apartment back in their countries. So, things might not be as bad.

- I recommend to try to understand underlying rules of economy as you have chosen to live in north America, the most famous capitalist region of the world. If you do, you can handle. If you want to handle this with mentality formed elsewhere it will be difficult. The main reason for housing to experience an unusual steep climb in past couple of years was COVID. The prices were pulled high not because of people. The normal demand from normal people, even in shortage of supply cant stimulate such a rise. Companies and the super rich invested in housing for one reason only: The stock market went down to bottom of hell with uncertain prospect of when and how they will recover. So the money invested there needed to flow in more certain markets. Investment companies and the rich pulled money out and invested in properties in markets like Canada because this had much lower risk than anything else at that time. People think when this recession is over prices will rise again, no dear they wont. That's a hype the realtors keep creating as they benefit from it. Actually few months back few big American investment companies canceled their investment plans in Canadian housing and property market. Meaning they did not see prospect...and dont forget they are equipped with best data and analytics besides expertise. If someone has cash to buy house thats different. Otherwise you should think if paying mortgage in comparison with rent is justifiable or not. And keep an open mind. Dont listen to public preaching on appreciation of properties. Having a house has many many costs which might make the NET APPRECIATED value over years not as attractive as it may sound in comparison to other lines of investment. Lets say a condo is priced 700K. With todays rates you will need to pay at least 2500 monthly mortgage for that with 200K down. Add to that property tax and maintenance, and monthly condo charge, at least another 1000. You can rent the same for around 2000, trouble free. And I can assure you that 200K, if invested WISELY will become 520K in 10 years. meaning, you will have your 200K , you have covered all rent payed, and still have 100K in surplus. You wont make that profit with appreciation of that very same condo, 100% sure.

Just change the angel, and things look different. It has made all of us tired, we all know, will soon pass and hopefully we all will have a life we want.

Jan 8, 2022
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, my file is refused. The reason behind this is the 1 year of study under the IG stream. My work permit will expire in Jan 2023. However, before refusal, I applied for an open work permit extension under public policy. So, what should happen next? My work permit extension will decile? What options did I leave with? How I can stay in Canada and work with valid status? Any lead will be appreciated.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Extended work permit for 18 months under Marco policy in 2021.now i want to extend it under tr to pr . Can someone help me please ?
Apply for the ‘OWP under TR to PR Pathway’ at 4 months before your PGWP expires. Read the instructions all the way through a few times because some of the instructions do not logically follow what is requested online, but follow the instructions anyway because that is how they are 'routing' your application to the right area for processing.

From IRCC's website:
If you applied under the temporary resident to permanent resident (TRPR) pathway, you may be eligible to apply for an open work permit under a temporary public policy.
The policy:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html
How to apply:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

Reactions: SmzAmir

Snagra

Jan 7, 2021
Apply for the ‘OWP under TR to PR Pathway’ at 4 months before your PGWP expires. Read the instructions all the way through a few times because some of the instructions do not logically follow what is requested online, but follow the instructions anyway because that is how they are 'routing' your application to the right area for processing.

From IRCC's website:
If you applied under the temporary resident to permanent resident (TRPR) pathway, you may be eligible to apply for an open work permit under a temporary public policy.
The policy:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html
How to apply:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html
Thank u ☺

Reactions: CherAmie

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, my file is refused. The reason behind this is the 1 year of study under the IG stream. My work permit will expire in Jan 2023. However, before refusal, I applied for an open work permit extension under public policy. So, what should happen next? My work permit extension will decile? What options did I leave with? How I can stay in Canada and work with valid status? Any lead will be appreciated.
That's very unfortunate to hear. Not a good news. However can you please clarify what exactly have been wrong with your one year study please ? I also applied under IG stream, I also have one year education, but my eligibility is already approved.

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
came here before 4 years from a well settled position back home. What ever you have written goes through my mind everyday, stressed that did I make the right decision for my children, for our future. I get anxious looking at a first world country with so much issues in the fields which are mandatory for any human living here. I don’t have so much money to pay for rent, to buy home,stressed abt work healthcare, expenses, immigration issues for us,so much so that it makes me think whether I made the right decision to come here. I know that people who came here before 10 years are well settled now but it will be a distant dream for us even though we are in the same age as them. I trust in God and goodness, probably he saved me and you from purchasing a house at the peak, Otherwise we would have declared bankruptcy by now snd left. I always believe things happen for a good reason.
What ever happens here, it doesn’t stand with the values of a free first world country. Corruption is visible. We should vote for the right people when it’s our turn to vote.

Ytrivedi0255

Nov 26, 2020
Stream B
Application - 19 June 2021
Medical passed again 29 November 2022
ADR 30 November T4 forms 2019-2020
Do I just upload to the given link in account or I have to go next and submit it as well ?
now it says “Uploaded not submitted yet” and I can update my document as well for now???

Alexa0501

Jul 19, 2022
Stream B
Application - 19 June 2021
Medical passed again 29 November 2022
ADR 30 November T4 forms 2019-2020
Do I just upload to the given link in account or I have to go next and submit it as well ?
now it says “Uploaded not submitted yet” and I can update my document as well for now???
Please go next submit and transmit the document.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Anything which starts with RC is not the officer's code, It is a "Responsible Center". RC is different from an assigned officer. It doesn't show up on all notes unless you request detailed notes. It will be below your application status.
is it near UserID:, Time generated; Date generated section at the bottom of each page of gcms notes?
@phwang10 then it's SB31349 for my TR to PR
& SB24462 for my TRV. <-- this one has been long due and this officer has just disappeared. Please let me know if they're under your list as well of careless visa officers?

Reactions: Raja1203

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
if your file is refused and your owp under tr to pr is still pending, then unfortunately they would refuse that too. Unless the vo makes an error or overlooks, it will definitely result in refusal