+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

waitingforPR123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello Cher Amie,
Im sorry i just saw your message again, i dont get the notification (and i was busy ,didn't help) but thanks a lot!
So, IRCC sent me an email in july 22 also i talked also with a consultant and she told me that not receiving an AOR after 1 year for the stream french speaker is not normal.
I already tried to link the application today, but it seems that i have to wait 24h now (i tried twice) and again i appreciate you told me that because i was not aware that i could at list try without the AOR.
I also linked my application before receiving any kind of AOR. so keep trying to link it on the Gckey account, try as many different commination's as you can. even after I linked my application I didn't receive an AOR.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello, If I may ask, Is Construction Management Certificate considered leading to a skilled trade job?
I'm not an expert in this area, but a based on a re-reading of the TR to PR Pathway it would appear that the Construction Management Certificate education credential would qualify if the following is also true:

From IRCC's website re: TR to PR Pathway for Recent international graduates from a Canadian institution:
Graduation requirements
To be eligible
  • you must have graduated on or after January 1, 2017, from an eligible program at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • you must have been authorized to study for the duration of your studies
  • your school must
    • be a DLI. Check the DLI list to make sure your school is on it.
    • offer post-graduation work permits (PWGPs). You do not need to have a PGWP in order to apply.
Eligible programs
To apply through this stream, you must have graduated with one of the following:
  • a degree ...
  • a degree, diploma, certificate or attestation leading to a job from the list of eligible trade occupations
  • a diploma ...
  • two or more diplomas ...
  • a diploma of vocational studies ...
  • two or more DVS or AVS ...
Eligible trade occupations
NOC and Occupation
7201 Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
7203 Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
... etc, etc.

And there may be other NOC jobs listed that apply but this is where you and/or your consultant need to look into the details of each job description.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC0612

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I think you are right but is there any option I can extend my work permit
OK '543', details, details, details please. Can you answer these questions:
  1. What was the 1 year certificate/diploma/program called that you graduated from & when did you graduate?
  2. What is the name of the Cdn institution that you graduated from?
  3. What industry and job are you currently working in, and in which city & province?
  4. What is your current status/work permit and when does it expire? PGWP? other?
If you can determine that your rejection was an error, and have it re-opened, you would be eligible for an OWP under the TR to PR Pathway:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

If not, depending on your work/job, you might be eligible for other new immigration programs (or updates to existing ones) out now or soon in 2023, for example:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/11/solving-labour-shortages-in-key-sectors-like-health-care-construction-and-transportation-workers-from-16-new-occupations-now-eligible-for-permanent.html

And, have you used the Free Assessment tool on the top of this page?
https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-assessment-form.htm

I strongly recommend that you ask for guidance from a reputable consultant/lawyer (like the hosts of the forum we're on now), to determine your best options.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmzAmir

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
came here before 4 years from a well settled position back home. What ever you have written goes through my mind everyday, stressed that did I make the right decision for my children, for our future. I get anxious looking at a first world country with so much issues in the fields which are mandatory for any human living here. I don’t have so much money to pay for rent, to buy home,stressed abt work healthcare, expenses, immigration issues for us,so much so that it makes me think whether I made the right decision to come here. I know that people who came here before 10 years are well settled now but it will be a distant dream for us even though we are in the same age as them. I trust in God and goodness, probably he saved me and you from purchasing a house at the peak, Otherwise we would have declared bankruptcy by now snd left. I always believe things happen for a good reason.
What ever happens here, it doesn’t stand with the values of a free first world country. Corruption is visible. We should vote for the right people when it’s our turn to vote.
You're right. All countries have corruption. First world countries tend to have their own style of corruption but it is still extremely less compared to the rest of the world. I honestly love Canada. I also realize that since I've been living in Canada from 5 years almost, I've started acting like Canadians. Issues that Canada is facing right now tend to stress me while back home issues are way larger and on a large scale....I guess I'm naturally integrating into Canadian society lol because issues here are very cute ones compared to issues of my home country... but yeah, whatever field you are in, keep learning skills and growing and educating urself, i do have to say that the issues that i had when i came are no longer issues, i hope it works out this time too...yeah, when i get the voting rights, i'll be voting for the ones who are accountable...

Wpiumi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
My spouse OWP under TR to PR i applied 13/6/2022 and yesterday they asked medical . don't know how long they will take to make a final decision

Reactions: CherAmie

Labrock

Aug 25, 2022
WP extension arrived in the mail today!
Congratulations!! A quick question for you if you don’t mind. Did you apply within 4 months before your wp expired or earlier?

I am really confused as to when I should be applying for the owp as mine is expiring on april of 2023.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Congratulations!! A quick question for you if you don’t mind. Did you apply within 4 months before your wp expired or earlier?

I am really confused as to when I should be applying for the owp as mine is expiring on april of 2023.
you need to apply when your wp has less than 4 months of validity left