+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I applied for a visitor visa almost 6 months ago, but my passport will expire soon, what should I do?
Typically IRCC does not provide permits past the validity of your passport or travel documents. So, if they haven’t already denied your visitor’s visa, they likely will deny it. Get your passport updated as soon as possible, and submit a copy of the new passport identification pages via webform with an explanation, your UCI & any applications in process. Also, this discussion thread is for applicants to the TR to PR Pathway from 2021. You may find more info at: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visitors.8/

Last edited:

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Thanks a lot for your reply! So, it a very sad situation can be because without this e-letter the Cross border officer will not give me a paper Permit (usually they can do it). So, if I will wait for an e-letter longer than it must be, I will sit at home without work :( I am a truck driver and my job is delivering goods through the Canada-US cross border, I can't cross the border without an e-letter, as Officer told me there.
Are you saying I can go to the border and get an OWP?

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
My spouse OWP under TR to PR i applied 13/6/2022 and yesterday they asked medical . don't know how long they will take to make a final decision
They're really taking their sweet time. It's been a month since we heard back. Medicals, biometrics, and proof of communication all submitted.

Reactions: jacob1234

Space_L

May 19, 2022
Hi Guys,
Can anyone please guide on this...
I applied for gcms notes on Sept 18 2022 and still awaiting reply.
Can u guide what's the timeline for reply on gcms notes

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
Which OWP did you received please?
My oeiginal PGWP expired feb 2022, so I applied for new OWP under TR2PR stream. iRCC sent me letter on August 11,2022 that they will ulter and send new work permit at my adress in the mid of October. I am waiting on that.

justjessieee

Nov 8, 2022
Hi Guys,
My first ones took 4 weeks back in August. My friends took 5 weeks.

I applied a week ago for another lot. Did you get your confirmation email when you first did it?

ralba80

Aug 30, 2021
Hi All, I hope you guys can guide me here. I received an email (Nov 17th, 2022) with the following note:

"Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing
your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident
card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your
Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.
You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your
behalf.
If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward
the message to your client."

1. Is this the PR Approval Confirmation Letter or the PR Portal email? Where do you get the PR Approval Confirmation Letter: IRRC Account?
2. I already had a PR Portal login as I applied for PR using the portal. I believe I won't receive any email regarding login credentials. Anyone else in the same situation?
3. How do you upload the "In Canada declaration, photo and address" on the portal or via email? If in the portal, which link do you use to do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide here!!!

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Are you saying I can go to the border and get an OWP?
You do have a valid reason. If you can, you can go to the border. But, not all officers are willing to process WP at the border and usually direct people to apply online. But, you can give you reason and give it a try.

Reactions: Natty/@

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi Guys,
I applied 3-4 months ago. No reply as well. Even I send them a couple of times follow-ups emails as well. But, I think now many people who apply for WP, PR etc. are applying for GCMS to get an update on their file. Otherwise, IRCC uses to send emails after 30 days if they need an extension for ATIP. But for the last few months, it is quite rare to receive any extension email. Some people are getting in 6 months or some in 2-3 months as well.

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi All, I hope you guys can guide me here. I received an email (Nov 17th, 2022) with the following note:

"Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing
your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident
card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your
Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.
You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your
behalf.
If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward
the message to your client."

1. Is this the PR Approval Confirmation Letter or the PR Portal email? Where do you get the PR Approval Confirmation Letter: IRRC Account?
2. I already had a PR Portal login as I applied for PR using the portal. I believe I won't receive any email regarding login credentials. Anyone else in the same situation?
3. How do you upload the "In Canada declaration, photo and address" on the portal or via email? If in the portal, which link do you use to do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide here!!!
1. It is a PR approval email. No, you won't receive it in the Ircc account.
2. Yes, if you already created the account in the PR portal and gave them the same email for the PR Portal.
3. Once you reply to this email, they will create the portal for you. As in your case, you have one. You have just to upload your photo and address to that PR Portal.

ralba80

Aug 30, 2021
1. It is a PR approval email. No, you won't receive it in the Ircc account.
2. Yes, if you already created the account in the PR portal and gave them the same email for the PR Portal.
3. Once you reply to this email, they will create the portal for you. As in your case, you have one. You have just to upload your photo and address to that PR Portal.
Thanks! I do not see how I can upload my photo and confirm my address in Canada. I see a link to start an application for PR and PRTD

heck_i_am

Jan 3, 2022
Thanks! I do not see how I can upload my photo and confirm my address in Canada. I see a link to start an application for PR and PRTD
BEWARE!!! You are probably confusing the PR portal with the website you used for applying for PR.

Although it is possible to apply for PR from the portal, it is not recommended to do so. You normally apply from a different IRCC website. The PR Portal has several tabs at the top, you use the "Permanent Residence Confirmation" tab to upload your photo and to confirm your address.

By the way, congratulations!!! :)

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Submitted May 6 stream b Aor march. Final gu nov 4. nov 4 all stages passed. No approval email yet. I called Ircc as it about a month with no approval. The agent told me all stages passed and she can “see the portal email created” but has no timeline on when it will be sent. Does anyone know this situation?.