+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-Study permit approved, waiting for SOWP

BellaPTX

Jul 10, 2021
Hi, unfortunately nothing yet! We got multiple status updated on his application in the past week but nothing has changed on his application! Iam thinking about deffering my offer as I am unable to travel alone as we have two cats and a lot of stuff :(
Hi Sad93.
My husband and I are in the same situation. We applied together on 27th May and took upfront medical check.
He got SP approval on 7th JUL and haven’t heard anything regarding SOWP. Did you guys receive a response yet? Best of luck to you both

nataliamia

May 23, 2021
Hello all, I am a Danish citizen and applied for study permit on August 18th. I receivedmy final approval few days ago and now I am ready to go to Canada. My spouse (non-EU) has applied for SOWP at the same time with me but we still did not receive any update on his application (not even about starting review of eligibility) which is really frustrating! I sent a webform and they told me that his application is under process. I was wondering if it is normal that they are processing our applications seperately and is there any chance that he does not get his approval before January when I have to move to Canada? I also asked for GCSM notes last month and did not receive any response. Do you have any suggestions for us? Because we have two cats and I can not travel alone with them. :D
My husband and I applied on May 1st , biometrics on May 6th and I got my study permit approved on May 19th however his application is still in progress until we sent a webform on July19th , few days after they started reviewing his eligibility but since then no decision has been made. Today August 10th I sent a new webform asking for a response.
My studies start on September 27th. And I don’t want to travel alone.

nataliamia

May 23, 2021
Hi Sad93,

Congratulations and we are exactly in the same situation as you. We are also from an eTA eligible country and I am still waiting on the SOWP approval and SP's for my kids.

It is so frustrating! I have seen SP and SOWP being approved at the same time but non-Canadian IRCC offices.

We have Edmonton/Ottawa as our Primary/Secondary,

How about you?

scaria197
Hello! Did you get the SOWP and visas for your kids??? I’ve been waiting for my spouse OWP since May2021 and no response. We sent webforms, emails and twits and nothing worked. I’m starting classes on September 27th and I am desperate. Please someone call tell me if after the long waiting for the family approved ?? We applied together the same day (May 1st 2021)
Thanks

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
My husband and I applied on May 1st , biometrics on May 6th and I got my study permit approved on May 19th however his application is still in progress until we sent a webform on July19th , few days after they started reviewing his eligibility but since then no decision has been made. Today August 10th I sent a new webform asking for a response.
My studies start on September 27th. And I don’t want to travel alone.
HI,

ME AND MY WIFE APPLIED FROM UAE FOR STUDY PERMIT AND SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT, HER VISA GOT APPROVED. FOR STUDY PERMIT MINE STILL SHOWING ELIGIBILITY UNDER REVIEW, HER CLASSES STARTED ONLINE 7TH SEPTEMBER. ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHY IS THE DELAY FOR SPOUSE, ?
WE BOTH APPLIED TOGETHER BELOW IS TIME LINE.

FILE SUBMITTED --11TH MAY 2021
BIOMETRIC------15JULY FROM INDIA
SP APPROVED -3RD AUGUST

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hi Sad93,

Congratulations and we are exactly in the same situation as you. We are also from an eTA eligible country and I am still waiting on the SOWP approval and SP's for my kids.

It is so frustrating! I have seen SP and SOWP being approved at the same time but non-Canadian IRCC offices.

We have Edmonton/Ottawa as our Primary/Secondary,

How about you?

scaria197
Hi
My wife sp approved british citizen from Edmonton office we applied may 11 biometrics July 15 due to corona git late her sp approved on 03 August but my eligibility is still review how long it take for you guys fro. Edmonton do I need to worry. Her class started now it's online.

Reactions: RumezaJ

itspayel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hi
My wife sp approved british citizen from Edmonton office we applied may 11 biometrics July 15 due to corona git late her sp approved on 03 August but my eligibility is still review how long it take for you guys fro. Edmonton do I need to worry. Her class started now it's online.
Same here, my sp got approved on 8th sept, applied on 20th may together with sowp. However sowp is yet to get approved, under eligibility review

Reactions: RumezaJ

itspayel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021

BellaPTX

Jul 10, 2021
Hello! Did you get the SOWP and visas for your kids??? I’ve been waiting for my spouse OWP since May2021 and no response. We sent webforms, emails and twits and nothing worked. I’m starting classes on September 27th and I am desperate. Please someone call tell me if after the long waiting for the family approved ?? We applied together the same day (May 1st 2021)
Thanks
Hello, I am in the same boat. We applied together on 27th May and took upfront medical check.
He got SP approval on 7th JUL and haven’t heard anything regarding SOWP. I raised a webform and 10 days later, they sent an [automatic] reply that they are focusing on Afghanistan application. I am worried that we can't go to Canada together

Did you guys receive a response yet ?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My spouse and I applied for a SP and a SOWP in June and still no answer for any of our applications. Timeline in signature, application sent from Chile.

jafarvillan

Jul 22, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
Nomination.....
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
@Here. I am just asking a question not relevant to the thread. But If I want to apply for study permit do I have to pay first year full tuition fee or first semester tuition is enough. Expecting replies. from anyone those who got SP already
Thanks

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
@Here. I am just asking a question not relevant to the thread. But If I want to apply for study permit do I have to pay first year full tuition fee or first semester tuition is enough. Expecting replies. from anyone those who got SP already
Thanks
Haven't received SP but in terms of actual payments, it will depend on your University. The one I applied to asked for the payment of the first term 3 months prior to the start of the studies. In terms of IRCC, they ask for you to proof you have sufficient funds to cover the first year of your studies + living expenses for one year. What I did was sent proof of payment of the first term and the funds I have available to cover the tuition of the remainder of the school year + living expenses.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hello all, I am a Danish citizen and applied for study permit on August 18th. I receivedmy final approval few days ago and now I am ready to go to Canada. My spouse (non-EU) has applied for SOWP at the same time with me but we still did not receive any update on his application (not even about starting review of eligibility) which is really frustrating! I sent a webform and they told me that his application is under process. I was wondering if it is normal that they are processing our applications seperately and is there any chance that he does not get his approval before January when I have to move to Canada? I also asked for GCSM notes last month and did not receive any response. Do you have any suggestions for us? Because we have two cats and I can not travel alone with them. :D
what happened after

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
SP and SOWP are processed separately because they are different permits and you often hear about the results at different times. OWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students. It says you can apply which many people misinterpret that spouses of international students will be approved. It is about 50/50. Chances increase for more advanced degrees like masters and PhDs.
i seen one post month ago on facebook group that sposue open work permit approval came earlier then study permit appliation, even the visa stamp done bu still she didnt receiver any update for her study permit :p hows that possible