+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-Study permit approved, waiting for SOWP

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hello, I am in the same boat. We applied together on 27th May and took upfront medical check.
He got SP approval on 7th JUL and haven’t heard anything regarding SOWP. I raised a webform and 10 days later, they sent an [automatic] reply that they are focusing on Afghanistan application. I am worried that we can't go to Canada together

Did you guys receive a response yet ?
Any update I am also in the same situation

Rus-Mur

Dec 30, 2021
Hi to everyone. Me and my wife are in the same situation. Our timeline:
14.10.21 both applied: my wife for SP and me for SOWP;
17.10.21 both biometric collection;
9.12.21 both request letter for police certificate;
17.12.21 my wife got an approval for SP;
24.12.21 my wife got a stamp on her passport.
And I haven’t been receiving anything since 9.12.21. My wife’s course begins in January, and she is scared to go alone.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
And I haven’t been receiving anything since 9.12.21. My wife’s course begins in January, and she is scared to go alone.
From where u applied

nataliamia

May 23, 2021
We applied from Mauritius (but we got different nationalities)
Hello!
All I call tell you guys is that if you both applied together and the SP has been approved the SOWP will be approved as well (sooner or later), I know it is hard to think but there is no way they separate families ( couples). My husband and I applied on May 1st, I got my SP approved on May 18th and his SOWP came until August 31st.
What I recommend to do it is to send webforms, emails or even twits to the embassy use all the possible means to accelerate the process .
I was about to defer my intake when they finally responded us.
My husband is moroccan and I’m Mexican, we were living in Mexico by the time we applied ( he is a permanent resident of Mexico). I also got to know a lot of people with similar cases and most of them are because couples or families with different nationalities.
Now, we are in Canada!!!

Rus-Mur

Dec 30, 2021
Hello!
All I call tell you guys is that if you both applied together and the SP has been approved the SOWP will be approved as well (sooner or later), I know it is hard to think but there is no way they separate families ( couples). My husband and I applied on May 1st, I got my SP approved on May 18th and his SOWP came until August 31st.
What I recommend to do it is to send webforms, emails or even twits to the embassy use all the possible means to accelerate the process .
My husband is moroccan and I’m Mexican, we were living in Mexico by the time we applied ( he is a permanent resident of Mexico). I also got to know a lot of people with similar cases and most of them are because couples or families with different nationalities.
Now, we are in Canada!!!
Congratulations! Happy for you! And thank you for reply. Hopefully we will get our visa soon as well...

BellaPTX

Jul 10, 2021
Hello!
Now, we are in Canada!!!
CONGRATULATIONS ! Happy to hear that you both are in Canada.

Our application is the same case as yours. My husband study permit was approved on 7 Jul 2021 but my SOWP is still pending until now :( He had to landed in Canada in December for winter intake. I sent many webforms but received auto reply only. I feel stressed and it depressed me a lot.

Thanks to your kind words, it gives me more hope to wait for a good news :)

Last edited:

BellaPTX

Jul 10, 2021
I am in the same boat and my husband went to Canada alone for winter intake. It's hard to make a final decision but we all know it would be better to start a new life in Canada asap. Let think it in positive way that your wife can set up everthing before you come to Canada while you can earn a little money in your home country. :)

Rus-Mur

Dec 30, 2021
I am in the same boat and my husband went to Canada alone for winter intake. It's hard to make a final decision but we all know it would be better to start a new life in Canada asap. Let think it in positive way that your wife can set up everthing before you come to Canada while you can earn a little money in your home country. :)
I feel terrible that I let my wife go alone to an unfamiliar country on the other side of the world, while I'm waiting for a "miracle" from the immigration officers to approve my SOWP ... I don't even want to think about being refused ... anyway, thanks for sharing your situation with us. I hope everything will be ok

Reactions: BellaPTX