+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 TRV timelines

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello Everyone.

I am planning to sponsor my parents to Canada in summer 2021. We are family of 3 + my parents = Total 5 people. My household income is 54000 including CERB for 2020. Currently I am working and my yearly income is 60000, but my 2020 income would be 54000. What option is best and convenient for my parents's visa as per my situation? Visitor visa or Super Visa. They will be staying for 5-6 months in Canada. Please advise.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone.

I am planning to sponsor my parents to Canada in summer 2021. We are family of 3 + my parents = Total 5 people. My household income is 54000 including CERB for 2020. Currently I am working and my yearly income is 60000, but my 2020 income would be 54000. What option is best and convenient for my parents's visa as per my situation? Visitor visa or Super Visa. They will be staying for 5-6 months in Canada. Please advise.

Thanks
Is your spouse working? Then they can do-sponsor. Really depends on your family situation. A TRV is primarily dependent on the parents financial situation, their ties to their home country and previous international travel. A supervisa is more dependent on your financial situation.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
No, My spouse is not working. My parents have history of travelling, They visited us last time in 2016 for 6 months when we were in Dubai. We have our own house in home country. I am just confused what option is best according to my situation. Do they need to show their bank statement? I am taking full responsibility and household income is qualifying to sponsor Super visa but I am not 100% certain about the selection between Visitor and Super Visa.

Thanks

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
On a different note, have you looked at the Visa processing time for Supervisa ? Its showing 207 days as of today.
I really am in the same boat as yours, contemplating whether should apply for Supervisa or Visit visa - but my criteria is more around the processing timeline. I want them to be here ASAP.

Sam99999

Sep 6, 2020
I have applied for my husband visitor visa.
Hez in Kuwait.
Im a Canadian citizen.
Any suggestions how long its gonna take.
Its online application.

LuckyandHappy

Sep 6, 2020
Has anyone received TRV recently for essential travel from India? I have a PGWP and am flying to Dubai for Biometrics. Wondering if I should stay there longer to get the visa before I return.

Reactions: Ziya K

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Has anyone received TRV recently for essential travel from India? I have a PGWP and am flying to Dubai for Biometrics. Wondering if I should stay there longer to get the visa before I return.
Can we give our biometricsfrom Dubai? I’ve applied for TRV from India, my husband is Canadian citizen

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I know some people who have done it. I am heading this weekend and am almost sure we can. I have an appointment booked and everything.
So I’m have to apply for Dubai visa and there ask to quarantine too? Will Dubai allow visa just to give biometrics?

Sam99999

Sep 6, 2020
I did today from Kuwait it's open however aint sure about Dubai.
Processing times are changed its showing 60days for visitor visa for my husband.

Afr pra

Feb 12, 2019
Hi guy, My parents want to apply for Visit visa. They live in India and I am here as PR. So when we can apply for visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guy, My parents want to apply for Visit visa. They live in India and I am here as PR. So when we can apply for visa?
They can apply at any time just like any visitor. If you have very recently moved to Canada it does look better if you have established yourself a bit before they apply so there is no concern that they are moving with you to Canada.