+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 TRV timelines

thuanhduong01

Oct 2, 2017
Applied in August 27
Biometrics updated September 04
Travel purpose: visit daughter who is studying in Canada (with study permit)
His visa application was refused on 22 September, 2020 due to below reasons:
1. Travel history (he has never travelled anywhere)
2. Purpose of visit (we explained that he would come here to visit me and my family, then travel around Quebec and Toronto once the pandemic is over. I haven't come back to my country for almost 2 years since I arrived at Canada)
3. Personal Assets & Financial status (he co-owns a house with his niece, never had a job)

I declared that my husband and I will cover all the expenses incurred during his trip and he will stay at our apartment. My father also has a travel fund but I stated that only for emergency. In the end, the application still fell through. I am wondering if I should reapply any time soon.

2nd application for my mother:
Applied in September 16
Biometrics updated September 21

Still waiting. As far as I know, the visa application process and the actual travel are two separate processes for now. Visa officer can approve our visa. It doesn't mean that we can buy a ticket and come to Canada right after. We plan to travel once the restrictions are lifted.

Reactions: addyryoo

addyryoo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
2. Purpose of visit (we explained that he would come here to visit me and my family, then travel around Quebec and Toronto once the pandemic is over. I haven't come back to my country for almost 2 years since I arrived at Canada)
3. Personal Assets & Financial status (he co-owns a house with his niece, never had a job)

I declared that my husband and I will cover all the expenses incurred during his trip and he will stay at our apartment. My father also has a travel fund but I stated that only for emergency. In the end, the application still fell through. I am wondering if I should reapply any time soon.

Applied in September 16

Still waiting. As far as I know, the visa application process and the actual travel are two separate processes for now. Visa officer can approve our visa. It doesn't mean that we can buy a ticket and come to Canada right after. We plan to travel once the restrictions are lifted.
Hey there fellow Vietnamese,

Sorry one of your applications was refused.

The processing time for TRV in Vietnam just dropped from 122 days to 29 days (as of today Sep 22, 2020).

I applied a TRV for my common-law partner to travel once the ban is lifted.

Fingers crossed & Good luck.

Keep me updated!

Reactions: thuanhduong01

alexavbl

Jun 20, 2019
Applied for my mom’s visa on March 14
Biometrics received by IRCC on July 8
Travel purpose: visit daughter who’s working in Canada
Status: nothing since they received biometrics. I’m wondering if I should submit a web form or just keep waiting

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Applied in September 16

Restrictions are likely to be in place for a very long time. Your parents need to show that they can pay for all their travel expenses even if you will be paying for them. The fact that they don't have a ttavel history is a big negative. Would presonally wait until travel restrictions are lifted or may be lifted sometime soon. I suspect that there may be travel restrictions for the next 6-12 months.

Reactions: thuanhduong01

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied for my mom’s visa on March 14
Biometrics received by IRCC on July 8
Travel purpose: visit daughter who’s working in Canada
Status: nothing since they received biometrics. I’m wondering if I should submit a web form or just keep waiting
Your mother does not qualify to travel so her application is considered low priority when it comes to processing. You can certainly send in an emaip but I would assume you'll be told that it is still being processed.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Just wanted to give status of my application
Applied for TRV inside Canada (I have a valid work permit ) - August 09 , 2020
Biometrics correspondence letter - September 09,2020
Passport request - September 10 , 2020
Just mailed the passport to Ottawa today.
Hi,

I applied for TRV on September 19th with extended work permit in Canada. My status is 'Action required for biometric'. I know Biometrics is exempt for inland candidates. Not sure why this status is not changed. Is it happened for you or it will take some time to update to submitted. I am worried because may be I have given wrong in the application. Please clarify.

elicanda87

Sep 21, 2018
Applied TRV for my Parents,
Applied 17th June
Biometrics request 18th June
Biometrics submitted on Aug 12th Dallas.
No updates post that..

Anybody applied from US ? current processing time states 27 days and its way over the timeline. looking for some eta from folks who have received TRV applying from US.

anoop2u

Mar 27, 2020
Applied 17th June
No updates post that..

Anybody applied from US ? current processing time states 27 days and its way over the timeline. looking for some eta from folks who have received TRV applying from US.
It depends on the time taken for Security clearance which is a part in Background Check.. Please keep posted if you get approved. I also have same timeline.

oncar2004

Oct 19, 2016
Applied 17th June
No updates post that..

I applied for my wife's TRV from USA ( immediate family member of a PR)
Timelines..
Submitted application: September 17th
Biometric information letter: September 18th
Biometric submitted: September 21st
Biometric correspondence letter: September 28th
Final decision: Awaiting....

Reactions: Sam99999