+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 TRV timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone from either October or November 2020 have received word from the philippines ? I know of 2 applicants who applied and have not heard anything, but yet the processing times has went down from a full year down to about 87 days. when they first applied processing times said 5 days haha.
Some estimates are incredibly wrong. You need to specify if you meet the travel exemption and have you flagged your file for priority processing as someone who can travel. That is the biggest factor in determining whether your application will be processed faster.

In addition things like do you have biometrics and whether offices are open and easily accessible are also a factor. Whether a medical is required will also influence timeframe.

Girlfrombc27

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Has anyone from either October or November 2020 have received word from the philippines ? I know of 2 applicants who applied and have not heard anything, but yet the processing times has went down from a full year down to about 87 days. when they first applied processing times said 5 days haha.
hi did you apply for a trv in the philippines?

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Some estimates are incredibly wrong. You need to specify if you meet the travel exemption and have you flagged your file for priority processing as someone who can travel. That is the biggest factor in determining whether your application will be processed faster.

In addition things like do you have biometrics and whether offices are open and easily accessible are also a factor. Whether a medical is required will also influence timeframe.
Biometrics has been done since November, it's been stuck on background since the day after they did their biometrics, the one is a sibling of my wife which would be allowed to visit if he did have a visa, I don't know how he would go about to get it prioritized

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
hi did you apply for a trv in the philippines?
Not myself but speaking on behalf 2 people I know , yes applied in the Philippines November 4th 2020 , biometrics got done and uploaded on their account on the 5th and nothing ever since

Girlfrombc27

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Not myself but speaking on behalf 2 people I know , yes applied in the Philippines November 4th 2020 , biometrics got done and uploaded on their account on the 5th and nothing ever since
omg that’s really frustrating. I can just imagine the anxiety. I applied for my mom’s trv in manila on april 20,2021. the processing time reduced to 87 days now but ofcourse thats not even accurate.

Ktxbbd

May 26, 2021
omg that’s really frustrating. I can just imagine the anxiety. I applied for my mom’s trv in manila on april 20,2021. the processing time reduced to 87 days now but ofcourse thats not even accurate.
Hi, I sent you a personal message.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Is IRCC processing TRVs when the purpose of travel is mentioned as "Tourism" ? I'm trying to apply for my parents' TRV and would like to know whether they will just ignore the application since it's for a non essential purpose ?

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi - can members please share if anyone had applied for TRV in November 2020 or later and has received the ppr? My application was submitted in Nov 2020 and there hasn't been any update so far. Any feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks.

yona1201

Apr 18, 2016
we applied last November, did send travel exemption too.. no word yet at all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is IRCC processing TRVs when the purpose of travel is mentioned as "Tourism" ? I'm trying to apply for my parents' TRV and would like to know whether they will just ignore the application since it's for a non essential purpose ?
If you are a PR or citizen your parents qualify to travel. You can flag their application for priority processing.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
If you are a PR or citizen your parents qualify to travel. You can flag their application for priority processing.
I'm a soon to be international student so I'm not going to flag their application for priority processing. Was just wondering whether it will still be processed at all or they will simply ignore it ? Any thoughts/experiences ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm a soon to be international student so I'm not going to flag their application for priority processing. Was just wondering whether it will still be processed at all or they will simply ignore it ? Any thoughts/experiences ?
In that case it’s tough to know what level of processing is going on. Assume their application won’t be processed for some time. Also impossib.e to say if they will be approved or denied.

Yaso4ka

Jun 11, 2021
Hi! But then, it really depends for what dates you want them to come over. If it's for some time soon, say this summer, then they might get refused, because they are not allowed to travel to Canada at this point (unless you are a PR). Although I spoke to immigration over the phone and they did tell me that covid is not impacting their visa issuance rules. Anyways, I would have probably waited. The 3-day hotel quarantine is too expensive anyways