My PGWP expired on March 30, 2026. I submitted a work permit extension application before it expired, and the application is still pending. My TRV expired on July 30, 2026.
If the work permit application is refused, I plan to leave Canada, but I’ll need about two/four weeks to sell my belongings and end my lease. Should I apply to restore my status as a visitor after the refusal? Can I remain in Canada while that restoration application is being processed? I understand I would have to stop working once the work permit application is refused.
I’d appreciate any guidance on the immediate steps and which date starts the restoration deadline.
If the work permit application is refused, I plan to leave Canada, but I’ll need about two/four weeks to sell my belongings and end my lease. Should I apply to restore my status as a visitor after the refusal? Can I remain in Canada while that restoration application is being processed? I understand I would have to stop working once the work permit application is refused.
I’d appreciate any guidance on the immediate steps and which date starts the restoration deadline.
