+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
It took them many weeks to update the website and they have only worked on 12 days of applications. I'm starting to think nobody is working at the immigration office. It's ridiculous how slow they are.
It's just my own thoughts, but I don't think they are slow. They manage now how many request they will approve in 1 year for each category. Just pretending any reason because its a federal class of immigration but processing X number of request every month allow they to mange their own quota !

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
It's just my own thoughts, but I don't think they are slow. They manage now how many request they will approve in 1 year for each category. Just pretending any reason because its a federal class of immigration but processing X number of request every month allow they to mange their own quota !
I'm just frustrated I guess haha. I sent my application at the end of November and they still haven't charged my credit card. I got no Aor yet. Everytime i call them, they give me a different answer. It's like if they don't know how to do their job.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I'm just frustrated I guess haha. I sent my application at the end of November and they still haven't charged my credit card. I got no Aor yet. Everytime i call them, they give me a different answer. It's like if they don't know how to do their job.
On this I will agree ! I called both MIFI and IRCC, if I was suprise how friendly and usefull they were at IRCC, it's pretty obvious they don't care about you at MIFI. We sent ours a week after you or so, and they open the enveloppe January 14th, still not charged my card, and they couldn't tell on the phone if it was complient or if they will send back.. so we'll wait.. Now that my wife got OWP, we got 2 years to get through the whole process.. no rush.. that's how I see it .. Next time Legault will be asking for my vote, I'll show him my note saying that since too many politiciens are sending me request lately I can't anwser you right now I'm still processing request i received 6 months ago, be patient Mr Legault..

Reactions: Crystel13

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I think everybody here is on Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants
Yes so am I. Initially during my PR application I added my wife to CSQ. But then for some reason I got my PR first. And so we used that CSQ to apply with the sponsorship application in Jan 2019. I never realized the number/category on it is actually different. Its been one year and IRCC has not even asked me a new CSQ. So I am concerned to verify where we made the mistake.

harsimrankaur24

Apr 9, 2019
Hi All,

I have one question as i have applied my file in august and got work permit on october but didnt get csq yet. But i didt have my medical card from RAMQ as they said you should have employee letter with permanent job then they will register me.
If anybody else facing this problem? Or do these requirements are true?

jamieheatherr

Oct 3, 2019
Trois-Rivières, QC
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
01-10-2019
Hi All,

I have one question as i have applied my file in august and got work permit on october but didnt get csq yet. But i didt have my medical card from RAMQ as they said you should have employee letter with permanent job then they will register me.
I'm in the exact same situation as you, I'm only working part time for now so haven't been able to apply for RAMQ yet and ended up purchasing private insurance for now.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hi All,

When I called for my husband, they told me he needs the letter from IRCC (AOR), the CSQ AND a letter of employment in quebec or wait till he gets the PR approval to apply for the RAMQ. I find it quite unfair to have to wait so long when in Ontario they can apply when they get their work permit to have the insurance.

Reactions: sms1982

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
To,
March inland PR applicants from Quebec!!

Hi folks, I phoned IRCC today and asked if everything is alright with my application since there is no update on my case since we got CSQ back in August and BGC started in July.

Representative seemed experienced, and told me that everything is good with the application and we don't need anything from your side, but you may go ahead and take medical exam while you are waiting to hear from IRCC. She said, this will save few weeks of your process once IRCC will start processing your file. She also sent me an email with general information regarding taking the medical exam and the requirements.

Therefore, I have taken an appointment for the end of this month (Jan) through a provider which use the "eMedical" system which electronically submit the results to IRCC within realtime. This system is way faster than Paper submission. Fees was $220.

Please update if someone has the same experience or have got the Medical exam done recently. I was wondering what do they assess in the medical exam?

Always appreciate kind responses and updates! thanks

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
To,

Hi folks, I phoned IRCC today and asked if everything is alright with my application since there is no update on my case since we got CSQ back in August and BGC started in July.

Representative seemed experienced, and told me that everything is good with the application and we don't need anything from your side, but you may go ahead and take medical exam while you are waiting to hear from IRCC. She said, this will save few weeks of your process once IRCC will start processing your file. She also sent me an email with general information regarding taking the medical exam and the requirements.

Therefore, I have taken an appointment for the end of this month (Jan) through a provider which use the "eMedical" system which electronically submit the results to IRCC within realtime. This system is way faster than Paper submission. Fees was $220.

Please update if someone has the same experience or have got the Medical exam done recently. I was wondering what do they assess in the medical exam?

Hi, thanks for sharing. Do we need a specific request to be able to get the medical exam? Or only the application number and some personal information are enough?
I'm June applicant and see no movement after CSQ too :(

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi, thanks for sharing. Do we need a specific request to be able to get the medical exam? Or only the application number and some personal information are enough?
I'm June applicant and see no movement after CSQ too :(
You still have 5 months in your timeline. I would suggest that you must wait 2-3 months more... and if you don't get the medical exam request by that time then you may go ahead and take the medical exam by yourself.

Now, answering your question, I was told that just bring your AOR with the UCI number mention on that along with the valid Passport and medical result will be directly submit to the IRCC though the eMedical system within few days of the exam.

Reactions: sms1982

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
To,

Hi,
I have done my medical examination in November. Here is some information:

1. Maisonneuve Rosemont Immigration Clinic https://im.clinic/en/- uses eMedical (as most of the places nowadays), 199CAD flat rate; to be mentioned that if you have tattoos, some other places ask for extra (around 50-70 CAD) - not the case with this place
2. The medical examination consists of: x-ray chest, blood and urine tests (those are for HIV, Syphilis, blood in urine and Serum Creatinine) and non-invasive physical examination

Last edited: