+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi,

I would not have done medical exam without a request, to be honest. I receive medical request through my GCKey account.

Regarding the time the clinic took to upload my medical : 8 days; I had the appointment on 5th November, on 13th November around noon their account manager sent me the proof that they uploaded the results on eMedical and on 15th my GCKey was updated.

I have seen mixed reviews for all the clinics in Montreal, and it is really at random how they behave professionally and the time they take to upload the results. This clinic assures you that in one week the results are ready and you can message them in case they don't; I would say they are okay overall for the price they ask!

P.S.: don't call them, they have automatic voice mail and never call back; instead just book the appointment online (you can see when they have available spots) and you can also pay online!
I have dropped them an e-mail to ensure they won't refuse my booking, I'm not paying $200+ if they don't actually do the medical unless they see a letter of instruction from IRCC! If they do it anyway and know it's on me then I'll book an appointment online when I get the go-ahead.

As it's good for 1 year, and I'm 10 weeks from 12 months processing time, I feel it's very low risk and I'm desperate to save any processing time possible because I've a wedding to go to in Jamaica in August 2020 and as Quebec applications are taking 15 months, it's gonna be tight! So I want to do this as could be the difference between me making the plane or not. (I'm not leaving the country until I'm PR).

Reactions: leMauricien

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I have dropped them an e-mail to ensure they won't refuse my booking, I'm not paying $200+ if they don't actually do the medical unless they see a letter of instruction from IRCC! If they do it anyway and know it's on me then I'll book an appointment online when I get the go-ahead.

As it's good for 1 year, and I'm 10 weeks from 12 months processing time, I feel it's very low risk and I'm desperate to save any processing time possible because I've a wedding to go to in Jamaica in August 2020 and as Quebec applications are taking 15 months, it's gonna be tight! So I want to do this as could be the difference between me making the plane or not. (I'm not leaving the country until I'm PR).
The e-mail was a good idea! They should accept to perform it without IMM1017 as they know what is the procedure and what tests to do, plus more revenue for them! They give you a proof (like a print screen of eMedical submission) that you performed the medical examination which you should send it through web form.

Regarding my expression towards doing medical exam earlier, I was referring to my own situation - I performed the test in November but I am a May applicant- so practically would have been too early to perform it without a request.

In your case, all February/March/April applicants, you should definitely go ahead and perform medical examination; also, please request your gcms notes to see if there is a cap from Quebec side, what were the last activities on your application and next due date assigned. Calling them won't help you find much information due to privacy policies.
I have receive my notes after 31 days; I didn't see any remark regarding Quebec cap.

Last edited:

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
The e-mail was a good idea! They should accept to perform it without IMM1017 as they know what is the procedure and what tests to do, plus more revenue for them! They give you a proof (like a print screen of eMedical submission) that you performed the medical examination which you should send it through web form.

Regarding my expression towards doing medical exam earlier, I was referring to my own situation - I performed the test in November but I am a May applicant- so practically would have been too early to perform it without a request.

In your case, all February/March/April applicants, you should definitely go ahead and perform medical examination; also, please request your gcms notes to see if there is a cap from Quebec side, what were the last activities on your application and next due date assigned. Calling them won't help you find much information due to privacy policies.
I have receive my notes after 31 days; I didn't see any remark regarding Quebec cap.
Ah OK sorry I misunderstood, basically you your own discretion but if you're towards the end of the estimated processing time then you might wanna go for it.

Anyway I have an update from Maisonneuve Rosemont https://im.clinic/en/

So I e-mailed them to make sure I would be able to go ahead and book. I got an almost immediate response saying

"Thank you for contacting us.

If you are applying on the regular Permanent Residency (not the Express Entry one), we need the IMM1017 form to access your file. But, if you have a UCI number, I could check in the eMedical system if your medical file has already been activated."

I sent my UCI number and then an hour later I received this back.

"Hello,

I have good news!

Your medical file is open in the eMedical system. Your IMM1017 form should be on the way and we can do the medical examination without it.

If you book online, just add this number in your reservation: IME ******.

Best regards,"

So, it sounds like my medical is on its way finally, regardless! And they can do the e-medical regardless of the IMM1017 request from IRCC. So keep that in mind for those who wanna do the medical anyway, this clinic can do it without.

Either way I'm getting this booked ASAP and hopefully can get it done before they send the request and can save a few weeks of processing.

Nice to get a positive update, even if not an official one.

jamieheatherr

Oct 3, 2019
Trois-Rivières, QC
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
01-10-2019
Hello friends, I've added a QC inland tab to the google doc! I'll try to update it occasionally but everyone feel free to jump in and keep it up to date. I'm going to add a CSQ section as well so please feel free to populate that with your info.

Also, each month has a slightly different format so I'll be slowly working on merging them as I have time.

Last edited:

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
in the october thread i have made a section for csq. ill add it to the quebec tab as i see most tab dont have a section for quebec applicants. it would be more helpful to copy paste the applicants by month and separate outland from inland or add a quebec section in each tab.

jamieheatherr

Oct 3, 2019
Trois-Rivières, QC
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
01-10-2019
in the october thread i have made a section for csq. ill add it to the quebec tab as i see most tab dont have a section for quebec applicants. it would be more helpful to copy paste the applicants by month and separate outland from inland or add a quebec section in each tab.
I've actually already added the CSQ section, just with fewer columns.

I figured it would be more useful to copy all the Quebec applicants to a separate tab since our timeline is different from the rest of Canada. This way we can see it all in one place instead of jumping from month to month. The applicants are in chronological order on the new tab and I did not include Outland.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019

I figured it would be more useful to copy all the Quebec applicants to a separate tab since our timeline is different from the rest of Canada. This way we can see it all in one place instead of jumping from month to month. The applicants are in chronological order on the new tab and I did not include Outland.
Yes I saw it after. It’s great, thanks!

Reactions: jamieheatherr

bruceh

Oct 9, 2019

I believe there are lots of misinformation there, someone just typed Montreal as a city but I doubt everything can be done in 7-8 months. also they didn't tell anything about CSQ.

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Ah OK sorry I misunderstood, basically you your own discretion but if you're towards the end of the estimated processing time then you might wanna go for it.

So I e-mailed them to make sure I would be able to go ahead and book. I got an almost immediate response saying

If you are applying on the regular Permanent Residency (not the Express Entry one), we need the IMM1017 form to access your file. But, if you have a UCI number, I could check in the eMedical system if your medical file has already been activated."

"Hello,

I have good news!

Your medical file is open in the eMedical system. Your IMM1017 form should be on the way and we can do the medical examination without it.

Best regards,"

So, it sounds like my medical is on its way finally, regardless! And they can do the e-medical regardless of the IMM1017 request from IRCC. So keep that in mind for those who wanna do the medical anyway, this clinic can do it without.

Either way I'm getting this booked ASAP and hopefully can get it done before they send the request and can save a few weeks of processing.

Great news. I am gonna do the same :)

jamieheatherr

Oct 3, 2019
Trois-Rivières, QC
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
01-10-2019
I believe there are lots of misinformation there, someone just typed Montreal as a city but I doubt everything can be done in 7-8 months. also they didn't tell anything about CSQ.
I just copied all the existing info to one spreadsheet, not sure of the validity of what's there obviously - it is a lot of people from Montreal. I took the dates given in their notes about CSQ and just transferred it over which is why so many are missing.

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi guys,
How long it took for you to get your Certification of Selection? I need it for a tuition decrease. Would I get it before September? I sent my documents to MIDI this month after the request.

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Wow 5 months? It took me barely over a month when I applied for it. Sent it to MIDI end of April 2019 and came through very early June.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017

"Hello,

I have good news!

Best regards,"

Following your path, I also emailed them. They responded me that my file isn’t open yet in the eMedical system. They suggested me to be patient and wait little more lol

can you please tell us that if you are a March applicant?

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Following your path, I also emailed them. They responded me that my file isn’t open yet in the eMedical system. They suggested me to be patient and wait little more lol

can you please tell us that if you are a March applicant?
You can see in their signature (bellow the message, on the grey area) that the application was received on 22nd March 2019.

If you don't want to wait more time for that clinic, I have seen @Laurahd mentioning about an up-front medical exam at this clinic :

Address: Clinique médicale Luso,
1 Mont-Royal est,
Quebec
H2T 1N4
Telephone: 514-849-2391

Reactions: Laurahd