+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
It’s not the date of AOR it’s the date when it was received by IRCC. So they’re working on applications that were sent or received by IRCC Feb 8th 2019

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
It’s not the date of AOR it’s the date when it was received by IRCC. So they’re working on applications that were sent or received by IRCC Feb 8th 2019
Thank you. Mine was more complicated because I originally applied in January (approx 12th January 2019) but was originally rejected due to a lack of a police certificate (which now had to be provided up-front). I corrected this very quickly and got it re-sent back towards the end of March. So was 22nd March as it was not rejected for a 2nd time.

Reactions: ilyask

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
We are Jan 24th applicant. We provided CSQ upfront. we received an additional proof of cohab request in May, submitted in June. Since then there is no update. Like its always in background check. Eligibility check is still going on. :( Really sick of calling IRCC customer service. they literally cant do anything
Can you tell me which number and which extension do you call?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Can you tell me which number and which extension do you call?
1-888-242-2100
I dont remember the extension, i was just following the options given. Besides its normal that your call is not connected. Please try again and again until its connected.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Folks,
(for the March QC Applicants)
Is there any update on anybody's account? my CIC account shows that 9 weeks left in completion of the process, and there is no update at all.
I can't believe that There is absolutely no movement on our files since we got our CSQs almost 4 months ago. I will be start getting worried if we, march QC applicants, won't start getting SA/Medical requests by the end of January.

Please update as soon as there is an update eon anyone's account, stay connected please!!! thank you!

regards,

Reactions: sms1982

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hi Folks,
Is there any update on anybody's account? my CIC account shows that 9 weeks left in completion of the process, and there is no update at all.
I can't believe that There is absolutely no movement on our files since we got our CSQs almost 4 months ago. I will be start getting worried if we, march QC applicants, won't start getting SA/Medical requests by the end of January.

Please update as soon as there is an update eon anyone's account, stay connected please!!! thank you!

regards,
Anyone knows if we receive some form of AOR when we apply for CSQ? I sent my request in November 2019. They received my file Dec. 3rd, and they told me on the phone it was considered as "receivable" on Dec. 20, but they still haven't charged my credit card and I didn't receive any AOR.

Mimin

Oct 8, 2019
Anyone knows if we receive some form of AOR when we apply for CSQ? I sent my request in November 2019. They received my file Dec. 3rd, and they told me on the phone it was considered as "receivable" on Dec. 20, but they still haven't charged my credit card and I didn't receive any AOR.
We sent demande for CSQ nov 17 they opened dec 13 (i called that day and said it was being verified that day. we called after 2 or 3 days and said aor was sent by mail) then dec 17 in post we received aor letter having date dec 13.
You can call MIFIQ (réponse is faster than ircc) or wait because they or canada post might be in vacation.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
We sent demande for CSQ nov 17 they opened dec 13 (i called that day and said it was being verified that day. we called after 2 or 3 days and said aor was sent by mail) then dec 17 in post we received aor letter having date dec 13.
You can call MIFIQ (réponse is faster than ircc) or wait because they or canada post might be in vacation.
Hopefully we get ours soon. I called them 3 times and they don't have much to tell me, just that they got my package and opened my file Dec. 20th. That's it :(

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi Folks,

regards,
I'm 12 weeks to go and had nothing after CSQ in June 2019. I'm disillusioned with all this and judging by your timeline I won't be expecting anything any time soon either

Thank you for checking in I'll update you with any actual updates

jamieheatherr

Oct 3, 2019
Trois-Rivières, QC
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
01-10-2019
Travel question for you guys - I'm from the US so visa-exempt. I received my OWP in November. Do I still need to leave and re-enter Canada every 6 months? If I'm here for over 6 months consecutively, leave, and re-enter, will I get in trouble for having stayed longer than 6 months?

Tried to ask this question to our lawyer and she didn't seem to answer our actual question.TIA

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
They considered? If it’s not charged on the credit card,most likely they haven’t registered yourrequest. Mine was receive December 10 and they still can’t find it in the system. It’s more than a month. They told me the delay is three weeks and they normally charge the card the same day they open the envelope..

Sorry I just saw you said they confirmed it was opened dec 20. I just called and they have opened the envelope yesterday but she tells me it will be considered received only when the money will be taken from my credit card.

Last edited:

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- August 20, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- September 30, 2019 for other family members.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- August 20, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- September 30, 2019 for other family members.
It took them many weeks to update the website and they have only worked on 12 days of applications. I'm starting to think nobody is working at the immigration office. It's ridiculous how slow they are.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
They considered? If it’s not charged on the credit card,most likely they haven’t registered yourrequest. Mine was receive December 10 and they still can’t find it in the system. It’s more than a month. They told me the delay is three weeks and they normally charge the card the same day they open the envelope..

Sorry I just saw you said they confirmed it was opened dec 20. I just called and they have opened the envelope yesterday but she tells me it will be considered received only when the money will be taken from my credit card.
Our envelope was opened a while ago apparantly but they still haven't charged the credit card. The woman on the phone told me it would be charged only when they start working on my application which would be when the date on the website corresponds to the date they received our application. It doesn't make sense to me considering many people gets their credit card charged way before they receive CSQ.