+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- August 20, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- September 30, 2019 for other family members.
I'm not sure where this information is found within CIC because it's not in the processing times sexui

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- August 20, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- September 30, 2019 for other family members.
I'm not sure where this information is found within CIC because it's not in the processing times section

But either way mine has long been left behind as I'm a March applicant.

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I'm not sure where this information is found within CIC because it's not in the processing times section

But either way mine has long been left behind as I'm a March applicant.
This information refers to CSQ applications processing at MIFI, not IRCC.

Regarding your application, did you order gcms notes to see where the process is at?

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Folks,
I am a June applicant. The CSQ has been received today. What should I do next? Should I send a copy of CSQ to the federal immigration office? Thanks

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi Folks,
I am a June applicant. The CSQ has been received today. What should I do next? Should I send a copy of CSQ to the federal immigration office? Thanks
Hi,

Scan the CSQ copy that has in the lower right corner "3- IMMIGRATION CANADA" and send it through a web form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp) to be sure they have it. MIFI says will send it to IRCC, but sometimes they omit to do so.

Reactions: Sleepyhead1002

hnguyen_vn

Jan 1, 2020
I got AOR from the federal government but I didn't receive a mail saying I should continue with midi, when I can do that??
I'm in the same situation. Have you got your invitation to submit CSQ yet? MIDi need the invitation letter but it has been 2 months from the day i received AOR2 without invitation letter. Thank you

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
My progress bar is now counting is days instead of weeks. Still no medical request no biometrics. BGC since Late July early August. Anyone March applicant that got some movement?

Reactions: Pooriak and tayrg

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hi Guys,

I sponsored my wife Inland. applied on Jan 24th 2019 without the application for owp as she came to canada in work permit after marriage and that was valid until dec 22, 2019. Received additional proof of cohab request in May and no updates after that.
But then we panicked and applied for OWP online on November 23 2019 as there were no updates on PR.

Today we called IRCC to confirm the OWP application and the category. But they said we should have sent it in mail and not online.
Only the PR applicants who have AIP should have applied online. We are confused as what to do right now.
Can you guys please help on this?

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

I sponsored my wife Inland. applied on Jan 24th 2019 without the application for owp as she came to canada in work permit after marriage and that was valid until dec 22, 2019. Received additional proof of cohab request in May and no updates after that.
But then we panicked and applied for OWP online on November 23 2019 as there were no updates on PR.

Today we called IRCC to confirm the OWP application and the category. But they said we should have sent it in mail and not online.
Only the PR applicants who have AIP should have applied online. We are confused as what to do right now.
Can you guys please help on this?
I would re-apply with the new application and fees and send it by mail to the provided address by IRCC without delaying even a single day. Please make sure that you can apply for OWP only if you are in status already. if you have lost your status then you will have to file for restoration of status first and then for OWP... some people also suggest to file for OWP and restoration of status on the same application. I don't know how exactly it happens but I am sure you will be able to find more information on this in the forums related to the "restoration of status".

Also once you file for the new owp by mail... after that you can request the refund of old online application since it was never processed.

Hope my answer helped. thank you and stay connected!!!

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
My progress bar is now counting is days instead of weeks. Still no medical request no biometrics. BGC since Late July early August. Anyone March applicant that got some movement?
So is mine... It shows that 58 days left... but no update!!! :(

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I would re-apply with the new application and fees and send it by mail to the provided address by IRCC without delaying even a single day. Please make sure that you can apply for OWP only if you are in status already. if you have lost your status then you will have to file for restoration of status first and then for OWP... some people also suggest to file for OWP and restoration of status on the same application. I don't know how exactly it happens but I am sure you will be able to find more information on this in the forums related to the "restoration of status".

Also once you file for the new owp by mail... after that you can request the refund of old online application since it was never processed.

Hope my answer helped. thank you and stay connected!!!
Thank you so much

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
This information refers to CSQ applications processing at MIFI, not IRCC.

Regarding your application, did you order gcms notes to see where the process is at?
Thank you for your reply; I obtained my CSQ back in June 2019 so that's well behind me.

For the GCMS notes, I went to this https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation and it said that you have to a PR or citizen of Canada to get this information, and of course I'm neither so I had to stop.

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Thank you for your reply; I obtained my CSQ back in June 2019 so that's well behind me.

For the GCMS notes, I went to this https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation and it said that you have to a PR or citizen of Canada to get this information, and of course I'm neither so I had to stop.
Hi,
At the beginning I was confused as well, but I did more research on this forum and found useful threads. Here are some threads that could help you apply step by step and I will also give you some explanation below:
1. How to apply for gcms notes: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
2. How to read your gcms notes: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

So further, on their site they mention this when you choose your options from the drop-down menu: "To be eligible to make a request, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada. Please select the category that best describes you." you would have to chose "individual or corporation currently present in Canada" because you are an individual who is a temporary resident in Canada on a owp (you will have to upload your owp as a proof). Corporation refers to a company that applies for your notes with your signed consent and you offer compensation for the service.
Because you will make this request on your name, that request will be under the Privacy Act, and is free of charge. If you were applying from outside, then in that case your Significant Other/a corporation would have to apply for you, with your signed consent, under the Access to Information Act , and would cost 5 CAD (the cost would be higher in case you apply through a corporation).

I applied myself for the notes on 18th December and haven't receive them yet, hope to get them soon!

Let me know if you have any concerns/questions and I will help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sms1982