+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
I am Mar11 applicant from Quebec and I can still see my timeline bar and it’s shows that “4 months left”.

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Any update on those medicals request? Still nothing new on my side for months. Background check still in progress

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
We applied from Montreal. App received 16th of September. Received AOR email last week. For the rest of Canada, people on our timeline started getting their OWPs. A bit disappointing to see it takes so long for us.

I am currently on student permit but I left school almost a year ago. Though my permit is until June 2020, I am running the risk of my school informing the authorities that I withdrew from the program. I hope this gets resolved quickly. Being stuck here without the ability to work or travel is quite restricting.

jamieheatherr

Oct 3, 2019
Trois-Rivières, QC
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
01-10-2019
We applied from Montreal. App received 16th of September. Received AOR email last week. For the rest of Canada, people on our timeline started getting their OWPs. A bit disappointing to see it takes so long for us.

I am currently on student permit but I left school almost a year ago. Though my permit is until June 2020, I am running the risk of my school informing the authorities that I withdrew from the program. I hope this gets resolved quickly. Being stuck here without the ability to work or travel is quite restricting.
As far as the OWP goes I got mine right on schedule with others who don't live in Quebec...at least on the spreadsheet I don't see anyone from September has gotten an OWP approval yet so I wouldn't worry about that! Since the OWP is handled separately for the most part, IRCC told me that being in Quebec shouldn't affect that process at all. As far as the rest of the PR application goes that's a different story :(

harrypabz

Feb 14, 2015
Hi everyone. I am a QC resident and sponsoring my wife who is on tourist visa in Canada. I have received letter from IRCC to file for CSQ/MIDI. When filling out the MIDI/MIFI forms, in form A-0546-GF for Section 4 there is a question: Cette personne vous accompagne-telle au Quebec?
I, the husband, already live in Quebec - so is the answer Yes or No?

harrypabz

Feb 14, 2015
One more question gurus, when sponsoring my wife, do I need to fill A-0535-F as well? This is for financial capacity.

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
As far as the OWP goes I got mine right on schedule with others who don't live in Quebec...at least on the spreadsheet I don't see anyone from September has gotten an OWP approval yet so I wouldn't worry about that! Since the OWP is handled separately for the most part, IRCC told me that being in Quebec shouldn't affect that process at all. As far as the rest of the PR application goes that's a different story :(
That's a relief. I don't care how long the whole process takes as long as I get a working permit. Honestly, I just want to work and be able to support myself in the process instead of sitting at home.

Reactions: jamieheatherr

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
That's a relief. I don't care how long the whole process takes as long as I get a working permit. Honestly, I just want to work and be able to support myself in the process instead of sitting at home.
I can understand your point of view because when I was at your stage I used to think in the same way.

But sadly, You would start caring when only 2-3 months would be left on the time bar and you will see many others have got their PR and you stand way behind where there is absolutely no clue of medical, BGC,, Sponsor approval, or Even eligibility is not determined. Good luck with the job hunt and Insurance Malade after OWP in Quebec!!!

Reactions: leMauricien

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
I can understand your point of view because when I was at your stage I used to think in the same way.

But sadly, You would start caring when only 2-3 months would be left on the time bar and you will see many others have got their PR and you stand way behind where there is absolutely no clue of medical, BGC,, Sponsor approval, or Even eligibility is not determined. Good luck with the job hunt and Insurance Malade after OWP in Quebec!!!
I made my peace with the fact that I will get punished every step of the way for applying from Quebec. C’est la vie. As they say. :) Good luck to all of you guys.

Reactions: jamieheatherr

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hey Guys,

My wife came to Canada under open work permit as a dependent in 2018 when I was on Work permit as well.
Then I got my PR first and we applied for sponsorship during Jan 2019. We didnt apply for her OWP as part of it. The PR is still in background process.
Now that her work visa is going to end in Dec 20 2019, I believe there is no issue in applying for OWP as she is a PR applicant.

Can you guys tell me if this is okay? Or if there can be any issue.

Reactions: tayrg