+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hey Guys,

My wife came to Canada under open work permit as a dependent in 2018 when I was on Work permit as well.
Then I got my PR first and we applied for sponsorship during Jan 2019. We didnt apply for her OWP as part of it. The PR is still in background process.
Now that her work visa is going to end in Dec 20 2019, I believe there is no issue in applying for OWP as she is a PR applicant.

Can you guys tell me if this is okay? Or if there can be any issue.
That is true, you can apply for her OWP at any stage after you submit her PR application. She will be issued an OWP for 2 years once the 4 months will be passed after submission of OWP application. Good Luck!

harrypabz

Feb 14, 2015
If paying the $284 fee by a bank draft. Can I pay by a bank draft from TD Bank? And is there a $7.50 fee to add for the bank draft as well - thereby making it $291.50 ?

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
me too ! I've got my CSQ in late June and since I have background check and no medical visit yet
Pretty much exactly the same here Got my CSQ early June. BGC started August 10th and still ongoing. I'm from the UK too and have no criminal record Goodness knows when it'll ever progress!

I don't even look at CIC daily any more It's too depressing getting zero updates month after month. :(

Reactions: Pooriak

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Pretty much exactly the same here Got my CSQ early June. BGC started August 10th and still ongoing. I'm from the UK too and have no criminal record Goodness knows when it'll ever progress!

I don't even look at CIC daily any more It's too depressing getting zero updates month after month. :(
We have pretty much same timeline

Inland Spousal Sponsorship, QC
Application Received: 13-03-2019 / AOR: 26-04-2019
OWP Approval: NA already in a post-diploma work permit
Quebec CSQ received 28-06-2019
Medical Request: / Medical Exam: / Medical Exam Passed:
Additional Document Request for Proof of Cohabitation: July 15th, 2019
Additional Documents Uploaded for Proof of Cohabitation: July 16th, 2019
BGC Started: 12-08-2019
Eligibility Started:
DM:
AIP:
SA:
Application Completed Letter:
Landing Interview Letter: / Landing Interview:
PR Card Received:

I can't stop myself from checking both ecas and Gkey every day and I'm getting really annoyed and desperate

Reactions: sms1982

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
We have pretty much same timeline

Inland Spousal Sponsorship, QC
Application Received: 13-03-2019 / AOR: 26-04-2019
OWP Approval: NA already in a post-diploma work permit
Quebec CSQ received 28-06-2019
Medical Request: / Medical Exam: / Medical Exam Passed:
Additional Document Request for Proof of Cohabitation: July 15th, 2019
Additional Documents Uploaded for Proof of Cohabitation: July 16th, 2019
BGC Started: 12-08-2019
Eligibility Started:
DM:
AIP:
SA:
Application Completed Letter:
Landing Interview Letter: / Landing Interview:
PR Card Received:

I can't stop myself from checking both ecas and Gkey every day and I'm getting really annoyed and desperate
It's awful isn't it? Especially when everyone else on here who's say from Ontario Inland March 2019 are already PR and we're stuck in no man's land.

Are you good to keep renewing your work permit if required or do you have enough time left on it to not worry?

I'm my case my passport expires 31st March 2020 and therefore so does my work permit So I'm stressing about being forced to renew my passport, then will immediately have to apply to renew my work permit as will be not be valid any more due to the renewed passport. That's another #250 that I don't want to pay. (if the timeline stays within the 12 months timeline I'll be ok) But if no significant movement by the end of January I'm gonna be forced into getting my passport now rather than after being made PR.

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
It's awful isn't it? Especially when everyone else on here who's say from Ontario Inland March 2019 are already PR and we're stuck in no man's land.

Are you good to keep renewing your work permit if required or do you have enough time left on it to not worry?

I'm my case my passport expires 31st March 2020 and therefore so does my work permit So I'm stressing about being forced to renew my passport, then will immediately have to apply to renew my work permit as will be not be valid any more due to the renewed passport. That's another #250 that I don't want to pay. (if the timeline stays within the 12 months timeline I'll be ok) But if no significant movement by the end of January I'm gonna be forced into getting my passport now rather than after being made PR.
I'm good with my work permit and my passport.

Reactions: sms1982

gopsarbabu

Jun 23, 2014
Hi Friends,

Need your advise.

I got the PPR email and have forwarded my passports to Abudhabi embassy and waiting for COPR.

The CSQ and PR is only for myself and my two kids. My husband is excluded as I had applied as single applicant with kids due to points shortage.

We plan to soft land by February 2020 for two weeks and come back. Now my question is :

1. When can I apply for my spouse visa (PR) after getting my PR card. Any time frame is there.

2. Is it possible to take visit visa for him by me and we all can travel to Montreal as a family and then apply for Open Work Permit for him so that family is not seperated.

3. How long does it take to get Spouse PR if I apply inland?. I know it’s a case to case basis but still need to know the approximate time.

4. We work in Middle East. Kindly advise us the best time to settle in Montreal so that my children studies are not affected. They are in class 3 and UKG.

Kindly advise.

Thanks..

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey guys, I just noticed that my date of submission on GCKEY changed from January 9th, 2019, to March 2nd, 2019 (when I got my AOR). Any ideas as to what this means or is it just a system thing?

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hey guys, I just noticed that my date of submission on GCKEY changed from January 9th, 2019, to March 2nd, 2019 (when I got my AOR). Any ideas as to what this means or is it just a system thing?
Mine still showing the date of the app received and 4 months left. I am surprised that pretty much no one have received their medical request so far from 2019 applications

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Mine still showing the date of the app received and 4 months left. I am surprised that pretty much no one have received their medical request so far from 2019 applications
I've certainly not. Supposedly I'm 4 months away from PR like you are. I'm well over 3 months into my BGC, no medical, no biometrics, nothing.

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi all , the stuff for Quebec goes so slow,
They received my application on 25 January 2019 , and I got my sponsor approval just today , 27 November 2019 , hope everything goes faster for you all.
Can you share your timeline? :) Goodluck! you are almost there