+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

sandy94

Apr 19, 2018
Just wanted to update y'all that my USwife got her OWP approved! (Dec 21st applicant) She got an email letter from IRCC today, so I checked MyCIC account but was puzzled that it didn't show that the application was approved, then I realized that she got a new application number for her work permit because it was resubmitted in Feb. I successfully linked her OWP (with the new app number) just few moments ago, and it shows that the OWP was received on the original date Dec 21st which surprised me. I think they accepted my letter of suggestion to grant her OWP by this month from the original date (which counts 4 months), not from the resubmission date (in Feb). I'm so glad I wrote that letter!! My wife now is over the moon and we're celebrating tonight with some stiff drinks! She was getting really restless for not working, and now she can. (I'm the sponsor and do all the paperwork, etc since my USwife hates doing so! haha Hence I'm on the forums, which helps a lot to read from other members, and learn stuff.)
My timeline is the same as yours. So if everything goes well my partner should be getting a medical request in july/august? do you by any chance know if they were to refuse my sponsorship application would my partner's 2 year owp still be valid?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Happy to announce that my wife too got her OWP approved today!!! You guys are just awesome....all people on this forum deserve a big Thank You!!
PR App submitted on Jan02. More than CIC, I have been checking this forum for updates...and as soon as I saw this post...i had to check mycic ...it read.....
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

but there is no message or details....and we have not received any emails yet... but it sure feel good :)
May I ask when did you get SA? I am not sure how long I have to wait, timeline as the signature.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
My timeline is the same as yours. So if everything goes well my partner should be getting a medical request in july/august? do you by any chance know if they were to refuse my sponsorship application would my partner's 2 year owp still be valid?
My wife got her OWP today and obtained her SIN as well. Good day today. I’m only assuming medical request would be around this summer according to the spreadsheet as most got their med request at 7-8 months mark. I have no idea about OWP continuing being valid if app is refused. Good question to inquire. I hope others answer that for you and I’d like to know as well.

Reactions: godmustbecrazy

Sofia3332156899

Apr 15, 2018
Applied for pr and owp on April 4th! Hope to get my opw until the middle of July and I really need to go home in August! Hopefully I'll be able to do that

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys,

We got our application returned today (April 19th), exactly one month after delivery (March 19th). We submitted together with schedule A and police certificate.

From what we understand, it was returned because the principal applicant's police certificate wasn't in English or French. So we have a few questions regarding resubmitting:
- Is it better to reprint all the forms, generate new barcodes etc and have a new application signed with a more recent date? Or can we just submit everything as it was, plus missing translation? (this would definitely be easier!)
- Also, any other recommendation for when applications are returned? Should we include any letters addressing their complaints?
- From your experience, when they return an application, do they check it entirely or do they just stop checking after the first mistake? Needless to say that we are afraid of having it returned again!

Is it worth calling CIC for more information or they don't even keep record of returned applications?

Thanks a lot!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi guys,

We got our application returned today (April 19th), exactly one month after delivery (March 19th). We submitted together with schedule A and police certificate.

From what we understand, it was returned because the principal applicant's police certificate wasn't in English or French. So we have a few questions regarding resubmitting:
- Is it better to reprint all the forms, generate new barcodes etc and have a new application signed with a more recent date? Or can we just submit everything as it was, plus missing translation? (this would definitely be easier!)
- Also, any other recommendation for when applications are returned? Should we include any letters addressing their complaints?
- From your experience, when they return an application, do they check it entirely or do they just stop checking after the first mistake? Needless to say that we are afraid of having it returned again!

Is it worth calling CIC for more information or they don't even keep record of returned applications?

Thanks a lot!
Whenever an application gets returned and you resubmit it, it goes back to the bottom of the pile, unfortunately. It happened to us and we reprinted all the forms and checked whether there's a form that has been updated. We included an explanation because I lost my status when it was returned. So, I had to explain why I need a restoration.

Reactions: garydee

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!
Sorry to hear about your application being returned. :(
1. You will have to reprint the forms and sign them with an updated date as I read on here somewhere that they won't accept forms with a signature that is 30 days old.

2. I would go through your application with the checklist next to you just to make sure everything is correct, as well as the country specific documents requirement list to see if you need anything else translated/certified etc. I don't think a letter is necessary because when you resubmit, your application will most likely be assigned to a new officer.

3. Based on other stories from the forums, they stop checking at the first major mistake. So double check and maybe get your spouse to double check too...two pairs of eyes are better than one!

Reactions: garydee