07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
@ Icemaiden22

I'm sorry that Islamabad takes a long time to process. Though I'm not sure about Islamabad Office timeline, Manila Office took 9 months for Step 2 last summer, but now it takes 14 months. I guess the strike action is one of the reason of delay. About Manila office, the reason in not only the strike action. Tokyo and Seoul offices were closed and Manila office has to process more applications than before.

Here is the topic for INLAND applicants/sponsors who live in Quebec. So, I don't think I can help you any more. Your husband has already been approved as a sponsor and you got your CSQ. I guess that the province(Quebec) doesn't matter for Step 2.

Just waiting sometimes makes us mad. I hope we receive good news soon.

Icemaiden22

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
18-02-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2011 + Remed: 9-12-2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1: 19-05-2014 and PPR 2: 03-07-2014
Tomorisu said:
@ Icemaiden22

I'm sorry that Islamabad takes a long time to process. Though I'm not sure about Islamabad Office timeline, Manila Office took 9 months for Step 2 last summer, but now it takes 14 months. I guess the strike action is one of the reason of delay. About Manila office, the reason in not only the strike action. Tokyo and Seoul offices were closed and Manila office has to process more applications than before.

Here is the topic for INLAND applicants/sponsors who live in Quebec. So, I don't think I can help you any more. Your husband has already been approved as a sponsor and you got your CSQ. I guess that the province(Quebec) doesn't matter for Step 2.

Just waiting sometimes makes us mad. I hope we receive good news soon.
Fingers crossed for us all

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
I just submitted an inland application to sponsor my wife. How long until I will receive a notification from Quebec that I need to send in the additional documents?

Another question, is the process longer in Quebec than the rest of Canada, or is it pretty much the same?

Icemaiden22

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
18-02-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2011 + Remed: 9-12-2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1: 19-05-2014 and PPR 2: 03-07-2014
princesultan said:
I just submitted an inland application to sponsor my wife. How long until I will receive a notification from Quebec that I need to send in the additional documents?

Another question, is the process longer in Quebec than the rest of Canada, or is it pretty much the same?
Actually I had heard the process in Quebec took less time,but my file has been in process since the past 18 months already so its pretty much the same as the same as the rest of Canada.
Good luck!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
princesultan said:

In my case,
21st Jan, My husband (sponsor) received AOR
12th Feb, He recieved e-mail from CIC to get CSQ
18th Feb, Applications for CSQ were received by MICC
18th Mar, I received my CSQ by snail mail

Maybe within 1 month after receiving AOR, you will receive e-mail from CIC to get CSQ. It's not from Quebec. The client letter is attached with the e-mail. Then, you and your wife send the application for CSQ to MICC.

This process doesn't have an influence on other process by CIC. Getting CSQ doesn't make other process faster or slower. Regardless of province, we are waiting for the AIP and DM for a long time.

If you have time, please read this.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/index.html
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

ATTENTION
You must enclose a copy of the letter you received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming that your sponsorship application is admissible, otherwise your undertaking application will be returned to you.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
great, thanks!

smilehyun

Jun 19, 2013
Hello Guys,
This is first time writing something here :) because I have a question to ask! heheheh

Anyway, I applied my wife's sponsorship application last December, but it got returned because I forgot to sign on of the document.
So, I sent back again, and I got the letter saying that they received my application.

I was able to check status on online, and it was mentioning that they started to processing on Feb, 2013.
Yet, I haven't heard anything since then, and starting to get worried since it's already six month past...

I sent open work permit with application and medical check as well.
However since she lived 3 different countries after 18years old, I had to send background check from 3 different countries.(can this take long?)

Also, I guess I can't send application for CSQ until further notice from CIC right?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hello Smilehyun,

It is a bit strange that you did not receive AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). It was in that letter that CIC instructed us to request the CSQ from MICC. However, many of us have observed a *tremendous* slow-down at CIC starting in around March of this year. AIP has slowed to 10 months from 6 months. This may have affected your timeline?

We didn't request the CSQ until CIC instructed us to do so. I would think that you have to wait for CIC to request it, as the letter from CIC instructed us to send a copy of that letter to MICC with the CSQ request. The text of our letter from CIC is quoted below.

Did you send in the three police certificates with your application? I don't know if her living in three countries would slow down the application at all, but not including the police certificates with the application would almost definitely slow down the process, as CIC would have to stop processing and request the documents from you, and then you would have to request them from the individual countries and wait for them.

[Husband's name, address, and UCI]

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received
by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 10/23/2012 on behalf of the following
member(s):

[QuebecOkie]

Since you live in the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the
Québec government as soon as possible. To find out what steps you need to take, visit the
website of the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) at
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca and go to the section Sponsors and Sponsored Persons to
download the required forms. For more information, you may contact the Service des
renseignements généraux (general inquiries) at 514 864-9191 or 1 877 864-9191. Please note
that you must enclose a copy of this letter with your undertaking application. Please note that
no further action will be taken your application until such time as our office has received a
decision with respect to your sponsorship and undertaking from the Ministère de l'immigration et
des communautés culturelles.

Please provide for client [QuebecOkie and UCI number]:

CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et
des Communautés culturelles. This must be received at this office by: 04/28/2013.

When should I contact CIC?
  • You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application.
    Examples of changes include:
    Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of
    a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
    Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
    Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
    Decision to withdraw your application.

You may contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address should
be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?

For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be
eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if
processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this
correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit
www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page,
select “Check application status”.

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume
of inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases
are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service
standards outlined in the CIC website.

Sincerely,
Officer [ABC/DEF]
Case Processing Centre Vegreville
Since you have not yet heard anything, not even AOR, I would probably call CIC if I were you. Strange that you can see the app is in progress, but never received a letter.

mateo25

Feb 7, 2013
hi, cic says it takes 69 days to receive your permanent resident card, but who long it is taking to the most recent permanet residents on this forum to get the card? thanks

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Mateo I got mine at the end of June and it took roughly the 69 days give or take a few, long wait.

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
QuebecOkie said:
I'm not exactly sure I understand your question, but I'll try to answer you. I stupidly did not realize I should do the medical before I applied, or that I needed to request the police certificate to include with my application. After reading a lot in this forum, I started to panic a little bit. I opted to order my police certificate and schedule my medical exam before CIC contacted me to request those things. So no, I did not receive the form from CIC. Because I did not yet have a request or medical form from CIC, I used the form the doctor has for doing the medical exam before the application. I just wrote my UCI clearly on the forms, since I already have been assigned a UCI. I do not yet know if my documents have been properly matched up with my file. I inquired by phone a couple of weeks ago, and the representative was unable to answer that question. I sent an email last week to do a case-specific inquiry about those documents, and I have not yet received a response. (The last time I sent an email, it took a little over a week, I think, for a response.)

I cannot tell you if what I did was a good idea or a bad idea. I won't know until this is all said and done, which looks like it will take a while. If I had it to do over again, I would do the medical and get the police certificate before submitting my app.
Ok, I see. I submitted medical results and police certificate with my application, but still no response....Have you got a response from the case-specific inquiry?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
esthersun said:
Ok, I see. I submitted medical results and police certificate with my application, but still no response....Have you got a response from the case-specific inquiry?
Yes, FINALLY. On June 10th, I sent the email for the case-specific enquiry (CSE). I resent it in mid-July. On August 15, I received an email with the following statement:

Good morning,

Please be advised that we have received police certificate from the United States and documents regarding your medical. All documents have be matched to your application for permanent residence.

Thank you
So at least that box is checked. Hopefully this whole d*mned process will be over before my medical expires next April, haha.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope that everyone is able to cope with the slow down in processing, I just try not to think about it.

I'm just hoping that soon the busy summer period will be over and that they will start processing a bit faster again.

On the strike action alert on the application processing times internet page. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/ I don't like how it says - Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

I know we applied for sponsorship but part 2 of the process is permanent resident, I wonder if that sentence affects us also? Nobody seems to know about inland sponsorship applications. A lot of people have asked that question and nobody has been able to answer it.

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Hey jg,

Well, QuebecOkie might be getting her AIP soon (she posted in the Inland Applicants 2012 thread). Not that that's exactly where you are, but it should give you (and all of us) some hope. DM's are coming through, in that thread if not in this one, and yours _will_ come soon. Really. So good luck to all of us and happy waiting.

kanadskazena

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
AIP and DM received today, 30 August 2013. Jg - hopefully yours is coming SOON! Seems like Vegreville is finally starting to wake up and do some processing.

Now I've got a bit of "survivor's guilt" stuff going on. Hurts my heart to see others who have been waiting longer than me still waiting. :'( I know I was sooooo jealous to see some September applicants reach DM, when I hadn't even received AIP. CIC's horrible inconsistency is painfully unfair.