App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Congrats, Loops ;D Feels good when you walked out of there ha!!!!

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
chrischengwy said:
Congrats, Loops ;D Feels good when you walked out of there ha!!!!

Hahahaha!!! I walked out of the office and did a happy silly dance in the street hahahaha!!! .... Im serious, I really did it! My boyfriend was laughing so bad! ... To bad he didn't have a camera with him at that moment!!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hi crester. I think there are centre-specific email addresses, but I just emailed the generic support email address found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp. It is question@cic.gc.ca. Patience is a virtue, though; it took them over a week to respond to my inquiry.

princesultan said:
hey guys. i'll be joining the list here shortly. we're putting everything together at the moment.

did everyone include some sort of financial proof with their application, such as joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, etc? i really don't have much of this and i was wondering about what others included. thanks!
I don't believe we included any financial information in our application. For spouses, I don't believe there is an income requirement; you just have to be able to support yourselves, but I don't think they ask for proof. Now, when I applied to extend my stay as a visitor (I'm American, just got the stamp in my passport), we did include copies of my husband's pay statements to show how I would be supported during my stay.

To Loops: CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to see others reach the end of this process. Gives me hope that time is not ACTUALLY standing still, ha!

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Assuming some of you (if you haven't yet) will be applying for french courses soon. I've been wondering when to apply for mine, I can't find any info on rough times when these sets of 11 week full-time courses start. I couldn't possibly start until September so I don't know if I apply now or later - i don't want to leave it too late to start a course though. I have scoured for information but there doesn't seem to be given a set of rough start dates anywhere. I even filled out the application to see if they'd let us pick an availability but they didn't, so I didn't submit.

If anyone have applied and been accepted on one, can you let me know a start date or something if you have one ?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
If you're talking about the intensive full-time courses, 2013-2014 schedule here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/langue-francaise/Calendrier-cours-temps-complet2013-2014.pdf. When I applied, I received feedback very quickly (within a day or two). I don't know if that's normal or not. Also, from what I understand, there's no guarantee that you will start at the beginning of the next listed session. It depends on your assessed level of french and courses available at your level in your area. More info: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/full-time/index.html. I've got all of this stuff bookmarked and am chomping at the bit to get started, haha! C'monnnnn, AIP!

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Hello, QuebecOkie

Thank you so much for your great help. Today I called CIC, finally, a nice gentleman answered my phone.
Bad news is that they did not receive my CSQ yet, and it may probably take 3-month to receive the medical results.
So what I can do is only waiting. Hope you can get your good news very soon! :)

QuebecOkie said:
Hi crester. I think there are centre-specific email addresses, but I just emailed the generic support email address found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp. It is question @ cic.gc.ca. Patience is a virtue, though; it took them over a week to respond to my inquiry.

I don't believe we included any financial information in our application. For spouses, I don't believe there is an income requirement; you just have to be able to support yourselves, but I don't think they ask for proof. Now, when I applied to extend my stay as a visitor (I'm American, just got the stamp in my passport), we did include copies of my husband's pay statements to show how I would be supported during my stay.

To Loops: CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to see others reach the end of this process. Gives me hope that time is not ACTUALLY standing still, ha!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
crester said:
Hello, QuebecOkie

Thank you so much for your great help. Today I called CIC, finally, a nice gentleman answered my phone.
Bad news is that they did not receive my CSQ yet, and it may probably take 3-month to receive the medical results.
So what I can do is only waiting. Hope you can get your good news very soon! :)
Glad when I can help, and thanks! That was my experience with calling CIC, the representatives have been very nice the couple of times I've called. I don't hold it against them that they don't have the answers I want. The woman with whom I spoke yesterday asked me, as we were about to end the call, if she could help me with anything else. I half-giggled and said, "No, thank you, not unless you have a magic wand." She laughed and told me she sure wished she had one, that she'd loan it to me and then take care of some of her own business with it. :)

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
You have a good sense of humor, QuebecOkie ;D
Hope we can go through this hard, torturous journey fast!
Have a great weekend!

QuebecOkie said:
Glad when I can help, and thanks! That was my experience with calling CIC, the representatives have been very nice the couple of times I've called. I don't hold it against them that they don't have the answers I want. The woman with whom I spoke yesterday asked me, as we were about to end the call, if she could help me with anything else. I half-giggled and said, "No, thank you, not unless you have a magic wand." She laughed and told me she sure wished she had one, that she'd loan it to me and then take care of some of her own business with it. :)

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
QuebecOkie said:
If you're talking about the intensive full-time courses, 2013-2014 schedule here: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/langue-francaise/Calendrier-cours-temps-complet2013-2014.pdf. When I applied, I received feedback very quickly (within a day or two). I don't know if that's normal or not. Also, from what I understand, there's no guarantee that you will start at the beginning of the next listed session. It depends on your assessed level of french and courses available at your level in your area. More info: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/full-time/index.html. I've got all of this stuff bookmarked and am chomping at the bit to get started, haha! C'monnnnn, AIP!

OHHHH this is gooooooooood, they start every couple of months. Means I won't be waiting ages anyway even if I apply later. Awesommmmme :) Bookmarked!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
kidvicious1 said:
OHHHH this is gooooooooood, they start every couple of months. Means I won't be waiting ages anyway even if I apply later. Awesommmmme :) Bookmarked!
Again, no guarantees. My understanding is that they may or may not be offering the courses you need at your location at any given time. I figure, the more populous your region, the better chance you stand of classes starting in accordance with that schedule. I'm in a smallish region that I doubt has a ton of immigrants, so I won't get my hopes up until I KNOW I'm in and when classes will start. Good luck!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
crester said:
You have a good sense of humor, QuebecOkie ;D
Hope we can go through this hard, torturous journey fast!
Have a great weekend!
Ha, thanks! Depends what day you catch me on. I get pretty depressed when the hubby's away, but humour helps. And YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, wishing all of us the fastest, least painful journeys possible!

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
kidvicious1 said:
Assuming some of you (if you haven't yet) will be applying for french courses soon. I've been wondering when to apply for mine, I can't find any info on rough times when these sets of 11 week full-time courses start. I couldn't possibly start until September so I don't know if I apply now or later - i don't want to leave it too late to start a course though. I have scoured for information but there doesn't seem to be given a set of rough start dates anywhere. I even filled out the application to see if they'd let us pick an availability but they didn't, so I didn't submit.

If anyone have applied and been accepted on one, can you let me know a start date or something if you have one ?
I started mine on May 1st, the next one should be start from Aug. 28, so if you want to join that one, it's about time to submit your app (I submit my app right after I got mine AIP at the end of March), who knows if they are working during the summer vacation, they work really sloooooow, you will probably hear from them about 10 days or one week ahead before the courses start, until then, you won't even know where exactly you're assigned to.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
chrischengwy said:
I started mine on May 1st, the next one should be start from Aug. 28, so if you want to join that one, it's about time to submit your app (I submit my app right after I got mine AIP at the end of March), who knows if they are working during the summer vacation, they work really sloooooow, you will probably hear from them about 10 days or one week ahead before the courses start, until then, you won't even know where exactly you're assigned to.
Okay, so you got AIP, and then immediately applied, and you were accepted? VERY good to know! That's what the guy who called from MICC told my husband, but I've received conflicting information from MICC (and my husband is clueless about this whole process, doesn't know what AOR/AIP/etc are, so having to have him speak to the francophone gentleman from MICC was frustrating and not entirely reassuring). C'monnnnn, AIP!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing with their applications. I know now a lot have finished the all process. Congratulations on all the PR's!!!

For me it has now been almost 3 months since I got my AIP, unless they sort something soon, my medical expires the middle of July... I hope they get a move on with the background checks. I'm starting to think that my file has been given the 4 month date to next check, as they had to request me for some info.

On other better news I'm now working! And in a pretty good job, although on a short basis. I just need to proof that I can do the job role (I've never done the role before) but my education and work experience fits it well.

More news is that my fiancee and I are having a baby, I really want to get PR all sorted way before the due date. We have quite a few months till then.

And now I have medical cover though my fiancees work, I had government coverage for the last few months and now I have private. Before that is another story... I spent almost a year with no medical cover due to the cost.

Hope more CSQ's, AIP's Final Decisions etc come through soon.

Simon88

Feb 18, 2013
Mtl, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2012
LANDED..........
10-06-2013
Hey Jg84! Wow congrats on the baby! I wish your new family and new beginning one full of blessings and joy!

I just want to tell everybody that we finally got our letter for the landing interview on friday! Our interview will be on June 10th! So Jg84, I know that we applied at different times but we actually having a pretty similar timeline aside from that. So please give CIC a bit more time. I'm sure it'll come soon and then you will finally be able to party!