05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
kidvicious1 said:
LET ME KNOW IF I ACCIDENTALLY SKIPPED AN UPDATE POST, THERE WAS A LOT TO LOOK THROUGH

QUEBEC INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made PR/LANDED

Coucou FEB 2 MAY 25 MAY 15 JULY 11 SEP 21 15 JAN
perkele FEB 15 MAY 31 MAY 30 JUN 20 SEP 25 Interview DEC
mdna MAR 10 JUN 26 JUN 26 OCT 4 OCT 17 OCT 22 NOV 19
sommer MAR 28
chickadee May 16 SEP 18 SEP 26 JAN 10 (app made)
kidvicious1 JUN 13 OCT 12 OCT 12 NOV-DEC DEC 14
TH78 JULY 19
Rossal OCT 17 DEC 7
chrischengwy OCT 4 DEC 14 DEC 14 JAN 24 (app made)
Loops AUG 14 NOV 19 NOV 19 JAN 9 (app made)
CherieCoca JAN JUN 18 JUN 18 JUL 16 (Interview OCT Local Office)
Serenity492 SEP 28 DEC 10 DEC 10
JG84 AUG 15 NOV 22 NOV 22 JAN 9 (app made)
Sbea026 SEP 10 JAN 14? JAN 14? FEB 1 (app made)

END OF 2011 INLAND APPLICATIONS

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made PR/LANDED

lyn28 3 NOV 2011 FEB 4 JAN 30 MAY 5 AUG 31 OCT 13 DEC 6
Tow75 28 OCT 2011 JAN 19 APR 20
Vinlander 2 DEC 2011 FEB 21 MAY 8 SEP 10 OCT 14 NOV 27
Thank you, Kidvicious.
One question: When CSQ is issued, do you note it somewhere?
For instance, in our case, I see "JAN 10 (app made)"; could it be changed to "Feb 7 CSQ issued"? If it is too much work, forget it, but it would be nice, though.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
QUESTION

I am on a visitor visa until April, now I have AIP do I need to renew my visitor visa again ? Of does AIP make it ok to stay now ?
I looked at getting OWP but I don't feel it is for me.
AIP is not really a status in itself, as far as I know CIC will rarely remove people that have AIP even if their visitor status is expired, but technically an applicant should remain in a valid status the whole process.
OWP is handy because that will keep you in a valid status, you can get a SIN and find a job and it can also help if you wanna have your driving license exchange in QUebec. There is no such thing as recognition of AIP or Implied status for SAAQ, OWP would give you temporary resident status and then you may get a driving license exchange (if your country is in the list for driving license exchange).
A visitor cannot get his driving license exchanged...

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
vinlander said:
AIP is not really a status in itself, as far as I know CIC will rarely remove people that have AIP even if their visitor status is expired, but technically an applicant should remain in a valid status the whole process.
I looked at my husband's visitor permit, which is good until December 31st 2013. It states, in capital letter: MUST LEAVE CANADA BY DECEMBER 31ST.
We worked so hard to get to this point, that we will not take any risk, so when we get close to that date, we will ask for a renewal.

Hmmm ... I am wondering if we can ask for it to be open ended. Or put an ebd date as far as 2020?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Chickadee said:
I looked at my husband's visitor permit, which is good until December 31st 2013. It states, in capital letter: MUST LEAVE CANADA BY DECEMBER 31ST.
We worked so hard to get to this point, that we will not take any risk, so when we get close to that date, we will ask for a renewal.

Hmmm ... I am wondering if we can ask for it to be open ended. Or put an ebd date as far as 2020?
It is why when people apply for PR it is best to also include in the same enveloppe an application for OWP (with mention to be processed only when AIP is granted please) or even a visitor extension. That combined with the PR will give what is called implied status which means you are considered legal until a decision is made on the PR.
In any case it doesn't cost much to play on the safe side and renew the visitor visa or getting an OWP (after AIP).

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
kidvicious1 said:
QUESTION

I am on a visitor visa until April, now I have AIP do I need to renew my visitor visa again ? Of does AIP make it ok to stay now ?
I called CIC concerning the same question before I submit my case, because I hold the multiple entry visitor visa and can stay only 6 months each entry. They suggested me I should apply the OWP at the same time with the PR. Only this way, I will active the implied status if AIP doesn't fall through before my 6 months time(which I know it won't), and dont need to take the trip to get out and in Canada again. Once I got AIP they will issue the OWP, then I will keep my legal status here until I got the PR(normally the OWP valid time is 1-2 years, depends on their mood), which who knows going to how long. The cost for OWP is 150, considering the PR and CSQ cost 1,000+ already, it's not much to add and keep my legal status. Don't need more drama on top of the long waiting for the process anyway. ;D

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidvicious1 said:
QUESTION

The answer to your question I have already put on the forum :)
I'll put it again, the info I gave before from the Official Manual.

There are 5 requirements for the sponsored person to get the final decision. It was number 3 in the list.

3. Temporary resident status - May be waived using public policy, however, status still needed to work or study in Canada. (Official Terms from the Manual).

So yes you do need a resident status all the way through the process, so either visitor, work permit or student permit. *Although they are saying this requirement maybe waived if your status does run out before the application is complete.*

I've included the exact part of the manual that talks about the requirement in another post. The reason they can waive is that the CIC believe that if the only reason is lack of status, that shouldn't stop you getting the permanent residence.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the Public Policy part of the manual which is about not having a legal status all the way through your Sponsorship Application. It was as I said in the last post. If the only thing wrong with your application, is not having a current status, they will waive that requirement.

5.27. Legal temporary resident status in Canada

Under the current Regulations, applicants in this spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
must have a valid temporary resident status on the date of application and on the date they
receive permanent resident status to be eligible to be members of the class.

However, under the spousal policy, applicants who lack status as defined under the public policy
(see “What is lack of status under the public policy” below) may be granted permanent residence
so long as they meet all the other requirements of the class (i.e., they are not inadmissible for
reasons other than “lack of status.”)

However, applicants who do not have temporary resident status and who cannot be granted
positive consideration under the public policy can be removed at any time. Further, the spousal
policy does not change the requirement to seek necessary authorization to visit Canada or to
work or study here.

What is “lack of status” under the public policy?

For the purposes of the current public policy, persons with a “lack of status” refers to those in the
following situations:

• Persons who have overstayed a visa, visitor record, work permit, student permit or temporary
resident permit;

• Persons who have worked or studied without being authorized to do so as prescribed by the
Act;

• Persons who have entered Canada without a visa or other document required by the
Regulations;

• Persons who have entered Canada without a valid passport or travel document (provided
valid documents are acquired by the time CIC seeks to grant permanent residence)

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
Chickadee said:

during the whole process of my application, that's what i have been doing, i kept on renewing my visito'r permit, i renewed 3 times, my visitor's permit were, (from oct2007-aug2010, i was under work permit) (1)oct2010-aug2011, (2)sept2011-oct2012, (3)oct2012-nov2014. Whenever i was about to be out of status, i applied 2 months before my permit expires. All of these permits was taken by the agent during my landing interview.

I hope your application will be completed before your husband's permit expires. Hopefully in 10 months time, you're done :)

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
lyn28 said:
during the whole process of my application, that's what i have been doing, i kept on renewing my visito'r permit, i renewed 3 times, my visitor's permit were, (from oct2007-aug2010, i was under work permit) (1)oct2010-aug2011, (2)sept2011-oct2012, (3)oct2012-nov2014. Whenever i was about to be out of status, i applied 2 months before my permit expires. All of these permits was taken by the agent during my landing interview.

I hope your application will be completed before your husband's permit expires. Hopefully in 10 months time, you're done :)
From your mouth to God's ears, Lyn!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chickadee said:
From your mouth to God's ears, Lyn!
If you want good news, everybody who has given their timelines have been no where near 10 months. Going back to September time, after the CSQ it was taking about 2 months for the AIP and the final decision.

All the ones who got their CSQ's in December, January, have been a lot lot quicker. Loads have been around 1 month or less. Some people have been 2 weeks. The quickest I've seen is 1 week from the CSQ to getting the AIP.

Now we just see how long it takes for us :)

But we know everything is ready. You know the question we talked about, continuing or not continuing if you don't meet the sponsorship requirements.

The CIC don't even refer you to the MICC if you fail the sponsorship (if you chose option 1). What I'm saying is, your husbands application has passed the sponsorship and there is nothing else left for them to do before sending out the AIP. So why would it take a while to send?

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
jg84 said:
The CIC don't even refer you to the MICC if you fail the sponsorship (if you chose option 1). What I'm saying is, your husbands application has passed the sponsorship and there is nothing else left for them to do before sending out the AIP. So why would it take a while to send?
Why would it take a while to send? I do not why, but I know it can happen.

A perfect example is the permission to move forward with MICC which they sent us in October, and got lost in the mail. When we alerted CIC that there was a problem, they resent the letter to us, and even though they did not update it, it took 4 weeks to arrive.

They did not rewrite the letter, just shoved the original in an envelope.
Et voilà!
Why do I say that they did not rewrite or update the letter? Because they did not even bother to change the deadline for submitting CSQ, they left it the same, even though we were now much later.

Here is the actual timeline:
Oct 31st:CIC sent us an AOR letter we never received
Dec 14:Nervous about no news, I called CIC;they said they will resend the AOR letter
January 3rd: I called CIC and was told that letter had not been sent yet
January 7th: I called again and was told that letter had not been sent yet
January 10th: We received AOR letter, which states that CSQ must be received by 01/29
January 10th: I emailed CIC to inform of a delay since we received the letter later than planned

So, after all this, I do not want to be overly optimistic, but rather realistic. Yes, it can take a while for the AIP to get to us.

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Hi all helpful people,

Just wanted to ask to be added to the spreadsheet when possible. Timeline:

Application submitted to Vegreville: November 23, 2012
Application received: November 26, 2012
Received email stating that application had been received: January 16, 2013
Received request for CSQ: February 6, 2013
CSQ app taken to MICC in Montreal in person: February 12, 2013

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

kanadskazena

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chickadee said:
Why would it take a while to send? I do not why, but I know it can happen.

A perfect example is the permission to move forward with MICC which they sent us in October, and got lost in the mail. When we alerted CIC that there was a problem, they resent the letter to us, and even though they did not update it, it took 4 weeks to arrive.

They did not rewrite the letter, just shoved the original in an envelope.
Et voilà!
Why do I say that they did not rewrite or update the letter? Because they did not even bother to change the deadline for submitting CSQ, they left it the same, even though we were now much later.

Here is the actual timeline:
Oct 31st:CIC sent us an AOR letter we never received
Dec 14:Nervous about no news, I called CIC;they said they will resend the AOR letter
January 3rd: I called CIC and was told that letter had not been sent yet
January 7th: I called again and was told that letter had not been sent yet
January 10th: We received AOR letter, which states that CSQ must be received by 01/29
January 10th: I emailed CIC to inform of a delay since we received the letter later than planned

So, after all this, I do not want to be overly optimistic, but rather realistic. Yes, it can take a while for the AIP to get to us.
Ok lol maybe you have had your fair share of mishaps.

We will see but for me, I'm thinking similar time to how long other peoples takes.
I will phone sometime next week to see if they have the CSQ on the system. Once you know they have that. It shouldn't take to long after that.

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
jg84 said:

We will see but for me, I'm thinking similar time to how long other peoples takes.
I will phone sometime next week to see if they have the CSQ on the system. Once you know they have that. It shouldn't take to long after that.
JG, you get your CSQ by mail yet?

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
jg84 said:

I was not telling you this to complain about my mishaps, but to let you know that things can happen and get in the way.

You asked "Why would it take a while to send?" and I answered why. That's all.
I am hoping that everything goes right and that we get AIP very soon.