+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
vinlander said:
Yeah I read that on Service Canada, on the other hand there is a thread here on that very topic where they said things changed in december last year but unfortunately the guy is not landed yet so we might know soon.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-new-sin-card-as-a-new-pr-t118608.0.html
Maybe some offices are up to date while some are simply slower to adapt, the same thing for your urgent PR card application not being possible...

I'll try to go tomorrow and see if I can get one. I'll let you know what happens!

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
mdna said:
I'll try to go tomorrow and see if I can get one. I'll let you know what happens!
As for the PR, i'm not even going to try... i'm leaving in 10 days so I'll have to apply for the permit. blah!

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Hi, everyone. Finally find a place that I can get reference about the inland application progress! ;D

Don't know how to edit signature yet, here is the status i'm in.

App received Oct. 04, 2012

Long way to go :'(

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
chrischengwy said:
Hi, everyone. Finally find a place that I can get reference about the inland application progress! ;D

Don't know how to edit signature yet, here is the status i'm in.

App received Oct. 04, 2012

Long way to go :'(
Welcome to the forum! You'll only be able to edit your signature once you make more posts (I'm not sure how many though).

Good luck with your application.

@ mdna, congrats on your landing! ;)

Miminnie

Nov 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am wishing to get an insight from you all... I sent my family class inland application to Vegreville and received a delivery notification from Post Canada on October 9th to confirm the delivery. I have since been waiting for a notification email from CIC for the official confirmation of the receipt of the documents, but have not received anything so far.

Should I be expecting any kind of acknowledgement from CIC, and if so, how long does it normally take from the actual delivery of the documents to receive any notifications?

Thanks!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Hey everyone,

So still no news about the DM, but the good news is, my boyfriend made it back from his 7+ week trip abroad. He got back on Sunday night. The officer only asked him if he was living here, where he worked and what he did. My boyfriend had planned to mention about the PR application in progress ( since they can see it anyway) but it went by so fast that he didn't even get to say it. It took less than 30 seconds :)

Anyway, just though I would share in case anyone else is traveling during their inland application. (not that I'm advising people to do so either)

Good luck everyone!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Miminnie said:
Hi everyone,

I am wishing to get an insight from you all... I sent my family class inland application to Vegreville and received a delivery notification from Post Canada on October 9th to confirm the delivery. I have since been waiting for a notification email from CIC for the official confirmation of the receipt of the documents, but have not received anything so far.

Should I be expecting any kind of acknowledgement from CIC, and if so, how long does it normally take from the actual delivery of the documents to receive any notifications?

Thanks!
Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much. It usually takes 3-4 months before an email acknowledgement. Some people get a letter and some don't get any correspondence at all without it affecting their application.

Good luck!

Miminnie

Nov 21, 2012
perkele said:
Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much. It usually takes 3-4 months before an email acknowledgement. Some people get a letter and some don't get any correspondence at all without it affecting their application.

Good luck!
Hi perkele, that's very comforting to know! Thanks a lot for the info.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
perkele said:
Hey everyone,

So still no news about the DM, but the good news is, my boyfriend made it back from his 7+ week trip abroad. He got back on Sunday night. The officer only asked him if he was living here, where he worked and what he did. My boyfriend had planned to mention about the PR application in progress ( since they can see it anyway) but it went by so fast that he didn't even get to say it. It took less than 30 seconds :)

Anyway, just though I would share in case anyone else is traveling during their inland application. (not that I'm advising people to do so either)

Good luck everyone!
Hmmmm .... wasn't he taking a big risk?
I have read, re-read, and re-re-read the documentation many times and it is very clear on how one should not travel out of the country when in the middle of the process. He was taking the risk of not only being refused re-entry, but also compromising the whole process, therefore losing all the money you invested in it. :'(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

I suspect he had no choice but to travel????

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Chickadee said:
Hmmmm .... wasn't he taking a big risk? I have read, re-read, and re-re-read the documentation many times and thay are so clear on how risky it is to travel out of the country when you are in the middle of the process. He was taking the risk of not only not being let bak in, but also compromising the whole process.
I suspect he had no choice but to travel????
Yeah it was a business trip so he really had to go. We knew the risks but he had to go. I had also read all sorts of things too but we made sure to call CIC and actual border agents and they reassured me that since it was a business trip (with a work permit, CAQ & positive LMO) and that he had no criminal record it shouldn't pose any problems. Also it helps that he's never been out of status while in Canada.

But yeah, it was a huge risk.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
i called call center today and here's the bad news, I received an email of my stage 2 approval on oct 12 and waiting for a leter from montreal but the agent told me that there was nothing showing about DM2 approval on my file. She told me that there was no approval yet and they are about to reach a decision. I told her that I got an email already and she said that She don't see any letter of the DM2 and told me to disregard it. She also told me that there was something being deleted on my file and maybe that's the decison. I told her about my ecas too that the decision has been made and she is insisting that there was no decision yet... :-( Frustrated again, I thought I am almost there :-( I have been checking my mailbox every single day. Depression is setting in :-(

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
lyn28 said:
i called call center today and here's the bad news, I received an email of my stage 2 approval on oct 12 and waiting for a leter from montreal but the agent told me that there was nothing showing about DM2 approval on my file. She told me that there was no approval yet and they are about to reach a decision. I told her that I got an email already and she said that She don't see any letter of the DM2 and told me to disregard it. She also told me that there was something being deleted on my file and maybe that's the decison. I told her about my ecas too that the decision has been made and she is insisting that there was no decision yet... :-( Frustrated again, I thought I am almost there :-( I have been checking my mailbox every single day. Depression is setting in :-(
I am so sorry for you and I am hoping that things get settled soon.
Sending you a hug and positive vibes.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I am very sorry for you too lyn, but I am puzzled why ECAS would contradict their own system, mine also changed back to decision made.
Why do they send email in the first place if it is to tell people to disregard them later on...what is official and what is not.
On the other hand we know mistake do happen, CIC is far from perfection, but still that sucks big time.
I send my positive thoughts and hope you get GOOD news soon.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
thank you very much chickadee and vinlander! I guess im going to wait for few more months. It would have been nice if I landed before christmas, but I dont think I will.

Vinlander, Good luck on your wife's landing next week :).

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
lyn28 said:
i'm so sorry to hear that- did you call again just to double check? i don't really trust these agents, they are always contracting themselves. my ecas never changed... it's still in progress, i don't understand why they would send you an email about DM and ECAs would change... and then change their mind after decision? that makes no sense... on that note, i am continuing to send you positive vibes!!! and i hope you bring us great news soon!!! :)