+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
vinlander,

are you from a visa exempt country? if so, you can get your SIN after the landing interview... otherwise you'll have to wait for the PR. i tried it yesterday... and i am not from a visa exempt country... so they couldn't give me one... although i understand that's the regulation, it makes no sense to me that even after having my confirmation of permanent residence i still need a visa (according to the regulation visa or PR) to get a sin card... that's the stupidest thing i ever heard. now i have to wait two months to get a job, for absolutely no reason at all.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
@ mdna,
have you landed at 1010 St-Antoine or was it on René Levesque ? I am still wondering if both offices are handling things the same way.
My wife IS from Visa exempt country so hopefully we will be fine...
It sucks you could not get your SIN immediately, how about someone already working with a temporary SIN and needs to give back his OWP at landing, can he still use his 9XX XXX XXX until he gets his PR card or stop working until he gets back a SIN ?

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
mdna said:
vinlander,

are you from a visa exempt country? if so, you can get your SIN after the landing interview... otherwise you'll have to wait for the PR. i tried it yesterday... and i am not from a visa exempt country... so they couldn't give me one... although i understand that's the regulation, it makes no sense to me that even after having my confirmation of permanent residence i still need a visa (according to the regulation visa or PR) to get a sin card... that's the stupidest thing i ever heard. now i have to wait two months to get a job, for absolutely no reason at all.
Hi Mdna! I sent with my application an OWP, that's means if I get approved for AIP and OWP and I'm not from a visa exempt country I can't still work? Sorry, I get confuse with this information because what I learn is that I need a SIN number for work :eek:

Also you called to what number for ask about your CSQ? Is almost 4 weeks and still nothing from them... :(

Thanks for any information :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
rossal- said:
Hi Mdna! I sent with my application an OWP, that's means if I get approved for AIP and OWP and I'm not from a visa exempt country I can't still work? Sorry, I get confuse with this information because what I learn is that I need a SIN number for work :eek:

Also you called to what number for ask about your CSQ? Is almost 4 weeks and still nothing from them... :(

Hi,

I didn't apply for PR and work permit at the same time... but I think that you do need to get AIP first.

As for the SIN question, I think you can still work by showing your COPR to your employer, but you cannot get a permeant SIN number until you receive your PR card, unfortunately.

And don't worry, I've read posts about CSQ taking 5-8 weeks recently, mine took forever!!! They have the contact number on their website.

Hope this helps.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
rossal- said:

With an OWP you can get your temporary SIN starting by a 9 and you definitaly can work, what I don't know is if you are not from a visa exempt country what happened then at the landing with your temporary SIN if you can't get a new one yet.
Maybe, and I am just assuming if one already got a temporary SIN because one got an OWP there might be a way to keep you temporary number until you receive a new one...that would be the logical thing but maybe someone can step in with the real factual answer.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi everyone, yesterday I had a bad news, but today, it's all good news and it seemed that my prayer has been answered overnight. I just received my landing interview!!! The letter was dated Nov 22, so maybe the phone call I did yesterday morning made CIC to correct whatever mistakes they did into my file! I was so relieved and I cried.

I will have the interview at 1010 Saint-Antoine, December 6.

This forum helped me a lot to overcome my anxiety and frustrations. I thank all my Co-quebec inlanders for your kind words and encouragement.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
lyn28 said:
hi everyone, yesterday I had a bad news, but today, it's all good news and it seemed that my prayer has been answered overnight. I just received my landing interview!!! The letter was dated Nov 22, so maybe the phone call I did yesterday morning made CIC to correct whatever mistakes they did into my file! I was so relieved and I cried.

This forum helped me a lot to overcome my anxiety and frustrations. I thank all my Co-quebec inlanders for your kind words and encouragement.
That is fantastic news Lyn , we are so happy for you :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
lyn28 said:

YAY! so happy for you!!!!! congrats :)

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
lyn28 said:

Awesome news! We are happy for you.

nabil2012

Nov 24, 2012
vinlander said:
Geez they are working on february application now, congratulations coucou.
There is no standard time for 2nd stage because some get it fast like between a month or some needs to wait longer. Some get decision made for both stages at the same time.
I guess it has to do with if your file is complete (medical and police up to date) and mostly where the applicant is from, what age etc...
Usually once you get AIP letters for both sponsor and applicant there won't be any interview because it means they trust the relationship; the only interview should be for the landing at the end.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
With the CSQ - once it arrives at Vegreville do they let you know if they received it, or is it another waiting game to find out?

Also congrats to those who are landing soon, or have landed. Just read back a few pages and saw lots of good news. :)

Chikadee - keep updated with your news cause I see you have a similar application date!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
With the CSQ - once it arrives at Vegreville do they let you know if they received it, or is it another waiting game to find out?

Also congrats to those who are landing soon, or have landed. Just read back a few pages and saw lots of good news. :)

Chikadee - keep updated with your news cause I see you have a similar application date!
There is no update on ECAS or any mail/email to tell when the CSQ is delivered to CIC by MICC.
When you receive your CSQ in the mail you can assume Vegreville also got it but alas no confirmation is sent.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
kidvicious1 said:
I sure will! This has me very excited!!!!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
lyn28 said:

Hey Lyn,

Congrats!
It really goes to show that CIC agents are clueless!

;)