Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
have you thought about ordering the notes just to have an idea of what's going on? i mean, it's still pretty early but maybe it could give you an idea of what they are doing at the moment...

i've been living in canada for the past decade, and am in my 20's... i wonder if that has anything to do with it.
I was thinking about that (ordering FOSS notes).
I figured that we'd wait a little because I was sure we'd get DM soon, but if I don't hear from from them by December, I probably will.

We're both in our mid-20s. I have lived here for over 20 years and my boyfriend for 2 years. I don't see how that's relevant though... Wait, are you the sponsor or the applicant.. I forget. (I'm also on my cell rather than a computer so I don't feel like looking through the thread)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
perkele said:
I was thinking about that (ordering FOSS notes).
I figured that we'd wait a little because I was sure we'd get DM soon, but if I don't hear from from them by December, I probably will.

We're both in our mid-20s. I have lived here for over 20 years and my boyfriend for 2 years. I don't see how that's relevant though... Wait, are you the sponsor or the applicant.. I forget. (I'm also on my cell rather than a computer so I don't feel like looking through the thread)
well, it's just a hypothesis... someone in their 40's will have more history, and maybe more to be 'investigated' than someone in their 20's... and if the person being sponsored has lived in other countries, maybe CIC has to contact international departments and therefore it can take longer? i'm being sponsored, and i've lived in canada for almost a decade now... i guess it easier for them to do a background check in canada? i don't know, i try to make sense out of this whole thing and i just don't get it. ha.

Vinlander got his DM before I did, and he sent his application before i did... but i still received a sooner landing date. i'm not complaining, but i do think it's unfair the way CIC works... some people got DM in august and are still waiting for a landing date...

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
I need help from you guys. I am from Ottawa sorry to disturb this Quebec forum. But I know you all have rich experience. I got DM in Sep but until now I haven't received the landing interview letter from local Cic office. People who got their DM letter later than me already got their landing date and some already landed. In this case, is it in-normal? Even though Cic office said it takes 6-8 weeks, and this is the 7th week for me.

Thank you so much for your comments.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Mingming said:
I need help from you guys. I am from Ottawa sorry to disturb this Quebec forum. But I know you all have rich experience. I got DM in Sep but until now I haven't received the landing interview letter from local Cic office. People who got their DM letter later than me already got their landing date and some already landed. In this case, is it in-normal? Even though Cic office said it takes 6-8 weeks, and this is the 7th week for me.

Thank you so much for your comments.
Hi,

from what i've read, it takes longer for ottawa to schedule a landing interview. i'd wait one more week and call CIC to ask if everything is ok. good luck!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
well, it's just a hypothesis... someone in their 40's will have more history, and maybe more to be 'investigated' than someone in their 20's... and if the person being sponsored has lived in other countries, maybe CIC has to contact international departments and therefore it can take longer? i'm being sponsored, and i've lived in canada for almost a decade now... i guess it easier for them to do a background check in canada? i don't know, i try to make sense out of this whole thing and i just don't get it. ha.

Vinlander got his DM before I did, and he sent his application before i did... but i still received a sooner landing date. i'm not complaining, but i do think it's unfair the way CIC works... some people got DM in august and are still waiting for a landing date...
Did you send finger prints with your application for an RCMP check? Because someone on the 2011 or 2012 thread said that if the applicant has lived in Canada for over a year they ask for them for background checks usually. We haven't gotten a request for them nor did we send prints along with the application. I really hope they don't because it'll probably delay the process!!

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
perkele said:
Did you send finger prints with your application for an RCMP check? Because someone on the 2011 or 2012 thread said that if the applicant has lived in Canada for over a year they ask for them for background checks usually. We haven't gotten a request for them nor did we send prints along with the application. I really hope they don't because it'll probably delay the process!!
nope, but i think that if they were to ask, they would have asked already.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
i have been waiting for a landing letter since monday and it seems like i have been waiting forever, this is really frustrating. If no letter until tomorrow i might call CIC.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
lyn28 said:
i have been waiting for a landing letter since monday and it seems like i have been waiting forever, this is really frustrating. If no letter until tomorrow i might call CIC.
hopefully you will hear something by tomorrow!!

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
no mail from local office yet, I called CIC this morning and the agent just told me that I still have to wait since the processing time will take 14 months and maybe the local office is finalizing my application. Well that's all I can do, wait, C'est la vie... Have a great weekend everyone!

Mdna, goodluck to ur landing on monday! Keep us informed! So glad ur almost done!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
lyn28 said:
no mail from local office yet, I called CIC this morning and the agent just told me that I still have to wait since the processing time will take 14 months and maybe the local office is finalizing my application. Well that's all I can do, wait, C'est la vie... Have a great weekend everyone!

Mdna, goodluck to ur landing on monday! Keep us informed! So glad ur almost done!
Taking 14 months ? sounds like a generic answer to me.
That sucks, I wished so much you would get the letter this week too...
I really wonder on what basis they pick their landing date for transfered files; I would have assumed once a file is at a local office for finalizing (and not for local interview), processing would be done on per DM date basis.
It is clearly not the case since some 2012ers have already landed and some 2011 with DM have not...so there is still some processing ongoing at the local office to finalize the file but on what basis I have no clue.
We keep fingers crossed on both hands for your letter next week, have a nice weekend.

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
lyn28 said:

Call again, the other agent may give you another answer. I think local office should have a process time to arrange the landing interview.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Just my first post as a permanent resident of Canada after my landing interview yesterday. It all went OK, the officer was about 30 min late for our appointment. I always hear about many couples in the room, but I didn't see any. There were about 10 people in the entire waiting session and they were either alone or with parents or children. The agent asked the traditional questions on criminality and dependents, and that was it. I asked about applying for a PR card on urgent basis, since I am traveling soon, but she said "there's no such a thing as urgent PR, that's only for passports." I felt like taking my phone and showing her this: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp), but decided not to. She said once I receive my PR card I can go and get a SIN, and also gave me a guide that reads "Welcome to Canada" and a document on residency obligations and such. I am happy it's all over and wish you all the best of luck!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
mdna said:
Just my first post as a permanent resident of Canada after my landing interview yesterday. It all went OK, the officer was about 30 min late for our appointment. I always hear about many couples in the room, but I didn't see any. There were about 10 people in the entire waiting session and they were either alone or with parents or children. The agent asked the traditional questions on criminality and dependents, and that was it. I asked about applying for a PR card on urgent basis, since I am traveling soon, but she said "there's no such a thing as urgent PR, that's only for passports." I felt like taking my phone and showing her this: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp), but decided not to. She said once I receive my PR card I can go and get a SIN, and also gave me a guide that reads "Welcome to Canada" and a document on residency obligations and such. I am happy it's all over and wish you all the best of luck!
Congratulations mdna.
Strange that they are not giving right away a new SIN number at the landing office because qw123 could get his immediately when landing at 200 René Levesque back In August.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.0.html;msg1685026#msg1685026
We are also landing at 1010 St-Antoine so I guess we will also need to wait for the new SIN; I would have thought the PR document itself is enough to go to any canada service office to get a new one.
The purpose of the PR card is mostly for travelling.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
vinlander said:
Congratulations mdna.
Strange that they are not giving right away a new SIN number at the landing office because qw123 could get his immediately when landing at 200 René Levesque back In August.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.0.html;msg1685026#msg1685026
We are also landing at 1010 St-Antoine so I guess we will also need to wait for the new SIN; I would have thought the PR document itself is enough to go to any canada service office to get a new one.
The purpose of the PR card is mostly for travelling.
Well, I've heard of other people nothing being able to get it right away too, so I wasn't that surprised. According to Service Canada (http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml)

"Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada."

go figure why at Rene Levesque they said it's ok...

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
mdna said:
Well, I've heard of other people nothing being able to get it right away too, so I wasn't that surprised. According to Service Canada (http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml)

"Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada."

go figure why at Rene Levesque they said it's ok...
Yeah I read that on Service Canada, on the other hand there is a thread here on that very topic where they said things changed in december last year but unfortunately the guy is not landed yet so we might know soon.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-new-sin-card-as-a-new-pr-t118608.0.html
Maybe some offices are up to date while some are simply slower to adapt, the same thing for your urgent PR card application not being possible...