Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
i'm also curious, on my CSQ it, on the interview field number 13 it says: NR - what could that mean? i wonder who decides if we're having an interview for AIP, MICC and CIC or CIC only? or MICC?
I'm not sure either but I'm just guessing that it means that Quebec isn't requiring an interview before issuing the CSQ. As for the meaning of that, I doubt that it has any bearing on whether the CIC will request an interview. Though Québec has a saying, the ultimate decision lies with Canada. So in my opinion, irrespective of the MICC's choice to not require an interview, the CIC could still request one to approve stage 1.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
I called cic today just to confirm if they received my medicals (receipt sent aug 31), and the agent told me they did already and as of the moment I dont have to do anything but to wait... but on my ecas under permanent residence, nothing changed not even a line regarding my medical. By the way did you feel the earthquake last night? It was a bit scary.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
lyn28 said:
I called cic today just to confirm if they received my medicals (receipt sent aug 31), and the agent told me they did already and as of the moment I dont have to do anything but to wait... but on my ecas under permanent residence, nothing changed not even a line regarding my medical. By the way did you feel the earthquake last night? It was a bit scary.
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much, Ecas doesn't always get updated.

On a separate matter, I have a feeling that once they approve stage 2, they're probably going to make us all wait to have more people for the landing date and group as all on the same date. (just a feeling, not founded on any facts or anything) Actually, I haven't read of anyone landing in Montreal in a while either...

Oh, and yeah, I felt the earthquake. I thought it was a train derailment or something at first.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Now I'm confused!! When we received the letter from CIC inviting us to continue with MICC, our consultant told us we had 1st stage approval. My husband went to see our consultant today and he was told that we already had AIP, and that we had nothing to worry about. Our consultant told us we had nothing to worry about and all applications are finalized in Montreal.
Also, we sent our application almost a year ago and our ecas still says "application received" for both sponsorship and permanent residence.
I really have no idea what's going on. why would my husband get a csq if cic doubts the authenticity of our relationship? We've been married for almost 2 years now and we were married for a year before we put through our application. Our consultant told us first that my husband's visa will arrive from Alberta, and now she's saying it will arrive from Montreal. She told us that after the CSQ arrived my husband could apply for a work permit/health card, but after it came she said it would be a "bad idea" for us to apply. Have I been accepted as a sponsor at all? We were told that it would take 2 to 3 months to finish the whole thing (at the end of August).

We've been waiting for so long and I always trusted that our consultant was doing the right thing. It seems like she's telling us two different stories. I'll try to call CIC tomorrow...if I can get through.

If anyone could clarify this whole process that would be awesome.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
tow75 said:
If anyone could clarify this whole process that would be awesome.
I guess it depends on the complexity of each case.
My comprehension of the steps for Quebec are as follow:
1) reception of application by CIC
2) AoR sent by CIC (it may be some missing infos like background might be requested an additional update form)
3) Invitation by CIC to continue with MICC to get CSQ if the sponsorship is recevable.
4) Once CSQ was delivered and the relationship is not questionned, CIC will approve 1st stage (grant AIP) and start processing 2nd stage, otherwise they can transfer the file to the local office for further relationship assessment (read interview) when in doubt...
5) 2nd stage approval
6) Landing interview
With that said, I doesn't imply your consultant is wrong, as your case might have other variables; but that was our experience.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Thanks! Our case is pretty straight forward I think so I guess we have an interview coming up! We're both 22, we've been married for 2 years like I mentioned, he's Moroccan and I'm a citizen. Our consultant mentioned the possibility of us having an interview but she's being all cryptic about it now..I just hope we don't have to wait too long for it! We've been told that we'll hear back in about another month. We really just want some answers so my husband can figure out when he gets to work/go back to school!!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Anyone know what wait times are like for the Montreal CIC? ???

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
It's been near 4 months now since the Canada post says they received my application. Still haven't heard a word from CIC. It's so worrying. What if they haven't even got my application?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
It's been near 4 months now since the Canada post says they received my application. Still haven't heard a word from CIC. It's so worrying. What if they haven't even got my application?
You could have received AoR in your email (I did), I would check for spam filter.
Usually if your carrier (post Canada in your case) said they delivered and someone signed, It should be there.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
tow75 said:
Anyone know what wait times are like for the Montreal CIC? ???
Nope, but it seems to have been anywhere from a week after receiving the 2nd stage letter or 1-2 months.
There's an old thread of Quebec applicants that you can check out and read through. (No real point of posting in it since the thread is pretty much dead)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anyone-from-quebec-who-applied-inland-t44271.0.html

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Dear XXXX
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/06/13 on behalf of the following member(s):
XXXX

Funny how I get it the day after I start getting really worried :p

Is it normal to not have a processing date yet? I am assuming sometimes it can be different for people?

So now, I guess I just wait again until I hear about processing? :D

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
Dear XXXX
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/06/13 on behalf of the following member(s):
XXXX

Funny how I get it the day after I start getting really worried :p

Is it normal to not have a processing date yet? I am assuming sometimes it can be different for people?

So now, I guess I just wait again until I hear about processing? :D
Usually it never shows on ECAS "in process" for stage one.
Stage one is sponsorship and deals with the Sponsor and the relationship being questionned or not...
When you will get approved for stage 1 (AIP) Sponsorship status will change to DM (Decision Made) and the PR section will change to "In process".
Basically when a file is in process it refers most of the time to stage 2 being processed.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi all! just when i thought i needed to wait for 2 more months, but I checked my ecas, it says medical has been received and at around 4:30pm today i got this email from cic:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490. Fees can be in the form of a certified cheque,
money order, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or online at www.cic.gc.ca. If paid online,
you must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
Montreal when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence
document...

I believe this is DM for stage 2! so happy! :D ;D i hope everyone in this forum will share their good news soon!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Thanks for the link to the thread perkele! I called CIC and talked to our consultant this week and got some more information. The CIC guy I spoke to said that files aren't necessarily transferred because people's marriages/relationships are doubted..there can be lots of other reasons why. He said that on average the waiting time is around 6-8 months to hear.
Our consultant said pretty much the same thing except she said 2-3 months, and told me about another file of another client which got transferred as well, because he didn't include a police check originally. His took 2 years.
My husband got a police check from Morocco (where he's from) but not a Canadian one so this might be why they transferred it. We'll go to get one with finger prints this week and keep it just in case!

So far my consultant's been pretty accurate with her estimates of how long things take so I hope we're not waiting too long.
Thanks for your help! The waiting begins...again! :(

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
lyn28 said:
hi all! just when i thought i needed to wait for 2 more months, but I checked my ecas, it says medical has been received and at around 4:30pm today i got this email from cic:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490. Fees can be in the form of a certified cheque,
money order, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or online at www.cic.gc.ca. If paid online,
you must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
Montreal when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence
document...

I believe this is DM for stage 2! so happy! :D ;D i hope everyone in this forum will share their good news soon!
Congratulations Lyn :)