+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

Room75

Oct 11, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Has your husband received an e-mail from CIC that he was approved as a sponsor and your file was transferred to the Visa Office? Can you check your application status on the website (e-cas)?
yes...

Anyway I'm planning to reach CIC call center on Tuesday, hope they will help me

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Room75 said:
Hi guys!
My name is Kate, I got some bad news today and feel absolutelly frustrated. May I ask you for some piece of advice?

My short story: We applied for family sponsorship on June 2013(my husband is sponsoring me), in the end of August I got CSQ and decided to apply for an Work Permit, I applied online on 28 August and today I got a REFUSAL LETTER.

But I really can't understand why I was refused, the reason is following:

You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of
document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa
office in another country.

I can't understand eigher I really can't apply for work permit or I just made a mistake during the filling out the form(IMM 5710). I think that I made a mistake when I choosed just 1 point from the application form: A work permit with a new employer.

here is the the entire Question 3:

Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

An extension of a work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

My temporary residence status expires on the 31, October - so I don't know what to do now.

I'm thinking about the following, if I will apply once again and I will choose 2 variants: 1. A work permit with a new employer 2. An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit , do I have any chances to be accepted for an working permit or for extension of my TR status?

Thanx in advance.
I will inbox you, it will be easier...

Don't do what you said you would for question 3. It would be refused again.

Btw don't worry about your status. As long as you resend the open work permit application before the 31st October 2013, you will be fine. Your current status is extended until they process the open work permit.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
jg84 said:
I will inbox you, it will be easier...

Don't do what you said you would for question 3. It would be refused again.

Btw don't worry about your status. As long as you resend the open work permit application before the 31st October 2013, you will be fine. Your current status is extended until they process the open work permit.
@jg84,

Room75(Kate) has sent her application for PR to Mississauga. This means that she chose OUTLAND. So, she can't apply for OWP. To keep her status in Canada until she becomes PR, she needs to extend her visitor visa.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomorisu said:
@ jg84,

Room75(Kate) has sent her application for PR to Mississauga. This means that she chose OUTLAND. So, she can't apply for OWP. To keep her status in Canada until she becomes PR, she needs to extend her visitor visa.
But what doesn't make any sense is some of the inland and outland forms are different and at the top of the page, it says sponsorship Common-law, spouse Outland. Also when filling the forms in, it would be hard to do do as it asks where you live. If you were filling the wrong forms in, you would surely have noticed.

If she filled the right forms in but sent them to the wrong address, they would transfer the file to the correct address being CPC Vegreville.

Then the form she filled in for the open work permit was sent to the wrong address also, the form she said she filled in definitely goes to CPC Vegreville but also the option she chose on the extension form was also wrong. The Question 3, she chose the option where you have a closed work permit and you want to change that closed work permit to another employer.

I think she should do exactly what you said, log into E-Cas and see what that says or if she has saved the forms from the Permanent Resident Application, go back and check them.

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Mistake in the application..
I need your help in this forum..My wife is sponsoring me and our application has been sent to the visa office.I needed to update the visa office recently about the new development that my wife has got a part-time job along wt schooling, but I got to know in her payslip that she was bearing another name that was not included in our application.Thank God I have not updated the visa office about the development yet.What can I do? If I send the payslip,the name is not the same as the one in our application because am trying to proof that one of us is working now.Please,I need your help on this!!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
jg84 said:
But what doesn't make any sense is some of the inland and outland forms are different and at the top of the page, it says sponsorship Common-law, spouse Outland. Also when filling the forms in, it would be hard to do do as it asks where you live. If you were filling the wrong forms in, you would surely have noticed.
@ jg84
First of all, I'd like to tell you that I don't have any intention to harm you. English is not my mother language. Though I try to watch what I say, I might make mistakes and/or I might use impolite expressions. If I do, I'm so sorry.

I checked the website and compared some forms of Inland and Outland, for example, IMM1344 (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking), IMM0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada). Those are same forms.

Her husband was approved as a sponsor, it means that step1 was passed. (They applied for PR on June 2013.) This makes sense if their application was accepted as Outland. As you know, Inland applicants usually don't get their AIP within a couple of months after sending applications.

@ Room75
If you reads this, I'd like to ask you. Did you receive an e-mail from CIC after your husband was approved as a sponsor? The e-mail is like this? (bold added by me)
If YES, you can apply for OWP. And this means that your application for PR was accepted as INLAND.
If NO, were you announced that your application was transferred to the visa office which is outside of Canada? (This means that your application was accepted as Outland.)

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

Anyway, when Room75 calls CIC, she will know where her application is (Whether Inland or Outland).

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll wait till Room75 comes back with a more conclusive answer as some things so far do not add up.

She is going to have to send some sort of application to CPC Vegreville before the 31 October, what permanent resident application she has applied , so she keeps her status or changes to another status type.

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Hi all,

I just received an email from Vegreville that I'm approved to sponsor! I'll let you know when my husband receives his email.

kanadskazena

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
kanadskazena said:
Hi all,

I just received an email from Vegreville that I'm approved to sponsor! I'll let you know when my husband receives his email.

kanadskazena
HOORAY! Congrats!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
kanadskazena said:
Hi all,

kanadskazena
Wow! Congrats! I'm so glad! :D
So.... only 3 applicants in 2012, include me, are waiting for the AIP. I hope we hear good news within 2 weeks! :p ;D

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
Tomorisu said:
Wow! Congrats! I'm so glad! :D
So.... only 3 applicants in 2012, include me, are waiting for the AIP. I hope we hear good news within 2 weeks! :p ;D
My husband is an applicant in Dec.2012. So we are waiting for the AIP too. I am praying that all of us can get it in one or two weeks.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
esthersun said:
My husband is an applicant in Dec.2012. So we are waiting for the AIP too. I am praying that all of us can get it in one or two weeks.
Hi esthersun, may I ask you your timeline?

My medical will expire soon. So, I really really hope we have good news within a couple of weeks.

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
Tomorisu said:
Hi esthersun, may I ask you your timeline?

My medical will expire soon. So, I really really hope we have good news within a couple of weeks.
Hello Tomorisu, here is my simple timeline

App filed Dec.03 2012,
AOR Jan.18, 2013.

We sent medical with the application. After AOR, we haven't got any update....

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
yata520 said:
this mean is AIP??
Hi yata,

Yes, I believe that this is AIP. The Inland 2012 thread says that both sponsor and sponsored person should receive separate emails and that the sponsored person needs their own email to claim certain benefits available to them (the benefits available appear to depend on the province). I don't know the full details but I believe that the second stage of processing begins once one spouse receives an email.

kanadskazena