+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Hey guys me and my partner just start inland common law... so nervous ..coz my stats expired longtime... wish cic give us a chance Q_Q :(
so here is my time line
received application to sponsor July 24, 2013
started processing application on August 20, 2013
AOR: Aug 21,2013
ask for CSQ: on August 27, 2013
got CSQ: Sept 30,2013

guess is good start 8) wish us luck ;D

PS: i will post same post at here and inland 2013 there ~if you guys don't mind

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
jg84 said:
I just wanted to say that once my application is completed, I will carry on coming on the forum till at least everyone from 2012's application is completed. Hopefully they do not take to much longer!

I want every applicant file on the spreadsheet to be completed!!!
jg84 - thank you! Your efforts are much appreciated :)
It's a beautiful autumn day in Montreal, and I have high hopes for all of us left.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
jg84 said:
@ QuebecOkie, thank you very much, I'm actually on the same stage as you, just that you will finish the next stage first! Hopefully the offices aren't to busy and we get landing dates soon!
Hope you get a landing date soon! Are you close to Montreal?

We got DM on August 30. Then, on September 12, we received a letter from CIC requesting a copy of my passport, my RPRF receipt (we paid RPRF on August 30 after receiving DM), and requesting that I look over the info they had printed and correct any errors (there was one - they had my initial point of entry into Canada listed incorrectly). Sent all of that back the next day, and got a call not quite three weeks later about my landing appointment. (I think they only called to make sure the date worked, as the letter would take a couple of days to arrive, and I'm landing at a "traveling" CIC office - they're coming to me - so they didn't want to come up here if I couldn't be available that day, I guess.)

Québec doesn't seem to drag its feet as badly on landings as some of the offices do, so hopefully it'll all be over for you soon! And I second the appreciation for the spreadsheet upkeep. :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Landing was super easy-breezy. We were at a "traveling" office in Chicoutimi, so I will have to wait for my PR card to get a SIN (well worth it, though, as landing 15 min from home was FAR preferable to landing 5-6 hours away in Montreal). We were the first appointment at 8am, and by 8:08, I was a Permanent Resident. He was perfectly bilingual, and asked if I preferred French or English (I speak a little French now, but I didn't want to chance it, haha.)

He verified my address and my last point of entry into Canada. Asked if I'd left Canada at all since then (I don't think it would have been a problem; he was talking to me about time already spent here before PR counting, at a rate of half a day for each day spent, toward the three-year residency requirement to apply for citizenship). Asked if I'd ever been convicted of any crimes. Asked for husband's ID, said to him, "So, the million dollar question. Do you still want to sponsor you wife?" (whew, he said yes!) Had me sign two copies of the COPR, and congratulated me on being a permanent resident. :) Then he went over a few more points (have to wait for PR card for SIN, wait for PR card for commercial travel, residency requirements for PR, etc. - all stuff I knew well from the forum). And that was it! I have my COPR, and I'm thinking about going to NYC in November while my husband's away for a course.

One note: Make sure you bring ALL the stuff Québec sends you. He wanted to see my CSQ and the full undertaking (the forms that you fill out to send to MICC, that they certify and send back to you). He also warned me to keep the CSQ in a safe place. It's like my Québec birth certificate, a VERY important document. Also, to keep the COPR forever, despite the expiry date on it, as it serves as a record of when I became a PR.

Room75

Oct 11, 2013
Hi guys!
My name is Kate, I got some bad news today and feel absolutelly frustrated. May I ask you for some piece of advice?

My short story: We applied for family sponsorship on June 2013(my husband is sponsoring me), in the end of August I got CSQ and decided to apply for an Work Permit, I applied online on 28 August and today I got a REFUSAL LETTER.

But I really can't understand why I was refused, the reason is following:

You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of
document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa
office in another country.

I can't understand eigher I really can't apply for work permit or I just made a mistake during the filling out the form(IMM 5710). I think that I made a mistake when I choosed just 1 point from the application form: A work permit with a new employer.

here is the the entire Question 3:

Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

An extension of a work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

My temporary residence status expires on the 31, October - so I don't know what to do now.

I'm thinking about the following, if I will apply once again and I will choose 2 variants: 1. A work permit with a new employer 2. An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit , do I have any chances to be accepted for an working permit or for extension of my TR status?

Thanx in advance.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Room75 said:
Hi guys!
My name is Kate, I got some bad news today and feel absolutelly frustrated. May I ask you for some piece of advice?

My short story: We applied for family sponsorship on June 2013(my husband is sponsoring me), in the end of August I got CSQ and decided to apply for an Work Permit, I applied online on 28 August and today I got a REFUSAL LETTER.

But I really can't understand why I was refused, the reason is following:

You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of
document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa
office in another country.

I can't understand eigher I really can't apply for work permit or I just made a mistake during the filling out the form(IMM 5710). I think that I made a mistake when I choosed just 1 point from the application form: A work permit with a new employer.

here is the the entire Question 3:

Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

An extension of a work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

My temporary residence status expires on the 31, October - so I don't know what to do now.

I'm thinking about the following, if I will apply once again and I will choose 2 variants: 1. A work permit with a new employer 2. An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit , do I have any chances to be accepted for an working permit or for extension of my TR status?

Thanx in advance.
Hi Kate,

I have a question. Did you send your application for PR to CPC-Vegreville (Inland) or CPC-Mississauga (Outland)?

If you sent your application to Mississauga, you can't apply for OWP even if you live in Canada.

If you chose Inland, you got a refusal letter because you applied for OWP before AIP, I guess. (If you sent the application for OWP and PR together, you would not have been refused.) So, if I were you, I would extend my visitor visa before October 31 and I would apply for OWP once I get my AIP.

Room75

Oct 11, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Hi Kate,

I have a question. Did you send your application for PR to CPC-Vegreville (Inland) or CPC-Mississauga (Outland)?

If you sent your application to Mississauga, you can't apply for OWP even if you live in Canada.

If you chose Inland, you got a refusal letter because you applied for OWP before AIP, I guess. (If you sent the application for OWP and PR together, you would not have been refused.) So, if I were you, I would extend my visitor visa before October 31 and I would apply for OWP once I get my AIP.
I applied from Montreal but I've sent all the documents to

Other family class applications:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

I made a mistake? I found this address here cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga
it's not saying tere that this address must be used just for outland applications...

So now I can't apply for OWP?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Room75 said:
I applied from Montreal but I've sent all the documents to

Other family class applications:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

I made a mistake? I found this address here cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga
it's not saying tere that this address must be used just for outland applications...

So now I can't apply for OWP?
You mean that your application for PR was also sent to Mississauga?
Well..... I didn't apply for PR to Outland. So, I might be wrong, but as long as I see the Guide 3900 (for Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada) and here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp, the address is

Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

However, you got your CSQ. I think that CIC sent 2 or 3 e-mails to your husband. In the first e-mail, UCI and a file number were announced. Then, your husband was approved as a sponsor (The 2nd e-mail). And then, CIC asked you to get CSQ (The 3rd e-mail). Is this right? Then, you don't need to worry to send your application to the wrong address. CIC accepted your application for PR.

But, you chose OUTLAND. So, you CAN NOT apply for OWP. You need to extend your visitor visa as soon as possible. (You should apply for it before 31st October.)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi Kate,

Though I posted above as you chose OUTLAND, but I'd like to make sure again. Did you send your application for PR (Sponsorship) to Vegreville? If so, you need to sent your application for OWP to Vegreville.

Room75

Oct 11, 2013
Tomorisu said:
However, you got your CSQ. I think that CIC sent 2 or 3 e-mails to your husband. In the first e-mail, UCI and a file number were announced. Then, your husband was approved as a sponsor (The 2nd e-mail). And then, CIC asked you to get CSQ (The 3rd e-mail). Is this right? Then, you don't need to worry to send your application to the wrong address. CIC accepted your application for PR.

But, you chose OUTLAND. So, you CAN NOT apply for OWP. You need to extend your visitor visa as soon as possible. (You should apply for it before 31st October.)
Yep, you are absolutelly RIGHT!

OMG I have a job offer and a very good job is waiting for me((( Is there a way to explain to CIC that I made a mistake and I want to apply for an OWP or there is no sense?

Thank you Tomorisu so much.

Room75

Oct 11, 2013
Onw more quaestion.....just for avoiding future mistakes.... after receiving CSQ we need to send one copy to CIC, and no more other documents?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Room75 said:
Yep, you are absolutelly RIGHT!

OMG I have a job offer and a very good job is waiting for me((( Is there a way to explain to CIC that I made a mistake and I want to apply for an OWP or there is no sense?

Thank you Tomorisu so much.
Sorry, you can't apply for an OWP because you applied for PR to Outland. Only the way is, if the company wants to hire you, they need to get an LMO and then you need to apply for a work permit (not OWP).

About the CSQ. Usually, MICC sends your CSQ info to CIC directly. You don't need to send it.

Room75

Oct 11, 2013
Now me and my husband are worried about - eigher our sponsorship procces will be closed because of this address mistake....what do you think?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Room75 said:
Now me and my husband are worried about - eigher our sponsorship procces will be closed because of this address mistake....what do you think?
I don't think so. Because you got your CSQ. I think that CIC understood and transferred your application to the proper section. Has your husband received an e-mail from CIC that he was approved as a sponsor and your file was transferred to the Visa Office? Can you check your application status on the website (e-cas)? If yes, I think you don't need to worry about the mistake. :)