+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

DDDDDDD

Jul 19, 2021
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Here is the interesting bit. Last week after contacting my MP and submitting dozens of webforms, calling IRCC like 4 times I finally had enough and sent an email to the Portal team IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca - In that email I explained that my application was approved over 50 days ago and I had not received any correspondence from IRCC about the Portal. I then provided the same exact information they usually ask for in the 1st portal email (names, DOB, UCI, Option A to manage the account for both myself and spouse etc). I didn't have much hope and thought for sure they would ignore it. But they didn't.

When I received the portal email today I received the 2nd email (the credentials one) straight away and they had already set up the account for myself and my spouse based on the information I provided in my email to them. So I went straight to confirming my address and uploaded photos and that's it. Now waiting for COPR and PR Card :)

I highly recommend emailing them. Here is what I sent to them:

Good afternoon,

I was informed by an IRCC call centre agent that my PR application was approved/all stages passed on XXXXXXX. Despite this, to this date I have not received any correspondence for the PR Confirmation Portal from IRCC. Therefore, in an effort to ensure that this is not the result of a missed email or a technical error I am hereby providing you with my relevant information for the PR Confirmation portal.

MY NAME
DOB: XXXXXXX
Application #: EPXXXXXXXX
Email: XXXXXXX

- Email address I would like to use: XXXXXXX
- I am choosing Option A to act on behalf of my spouse

Myself (Principal Applicant):
Name: XXXXXXX
UCI: XXXXXXXX
Original entry date: XXXXXXX
Date of last time entered Canada: XXXXXXX
Location(Port of Entry): XXXXXXX

Principal Applicant's spouse:
UCI: XXXXXXX

We are both currently in Canada.

Please reply to me at this email address should you need any further information or clarification regarding the above.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
congrats!
I just followed your instruction and sent an email to portal office.
Hope that works!

Reactions: klein

eddieeeeeelyx

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
I have one question regarding your application, and applications of @mstefan @eddieeeeeelyx @tph058. In my GCMS notes, everything is approved, but I have not seen any mention of "RFV." According to latest officer review notes, "File final reviewed..... All requirements met.... APPROVED." Is it the same as RFV? I see that I have CoPR number, Print Queue Number and even PR number, I think as the number pattern is similar to a visa number. Does it mean that I should be able to contact IRCC portal and get my credentials?
never saw RFV in my notes. That might be a step from the old time

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi All, I got the portal confirmation email on 09th Oct and still waiting for the credentials. Is there any way we can expedite to get the credentials?
appreciate your help here

Eric P

May 8, 2021
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Here is the interesting bit. Last week after contacting my MP and submitting dozens of webforms, calling IRCC like 4 times I finally had enough and sent an email to the Portal team IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca - In that email I explained that my application was approved over 50 days ago and I had not received any correspondence from IRCC about the Portal. I then provided the same exact information they usually ask for in the 1st portal email (names, DOB, UCI, Option A to manage the account for both myself and spouse etc). I didn't have much hope and thought for sure they would ignore it. But they didn't.

When I received the portal email today I received the 2nd email (the credentials one) straight away and they had already set up the account for myself and my spouse based on the information I provided in my email to them. So I went straight to confirming my address and uploaded photos and that's it. Now waiting for COPR and PR Card :)

Good afternoon,

I was informed by an IRCC call centre agent that my PR application was approved/all stages passed on XXXXXXX. Despite this, to this date I have not received any correspondence for the PR Confirmation Portal from IRCC. Therefore, in an effort to ensure that this is not the result of a missed email or a technical error I am hereby providing you with my relevant information for the PR Confirmation portal.

MY NAME

Please reply to me at this email address should you need any further information or clarification regarding the above.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
Thank you so much for sharing. I sent them an email. Hope it goes well.

Reactions: klein

Sam_Ontario

Aug 28, 2021
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Good afternoon,

MY NAME

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
What did you write in the subject line?

Nav Reet

Jul 30, 2016
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Good afternoon,

MY NAME

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
Hi,
I am waiting for my Ecopr from sep13, i have emailed at the same email you mentioned but have-not got response. Is thee anything you can suggest