+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

klein

Oct 6, 2009
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Here is the interesting bit. Last week after contacting my MP and submitting dozens of webforms, calling IRCC like 4 times I finally had enough and sent an email to the Portal team IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca - In that email I explained that my application was approved over 50 days ago and I had not received any correspondence from IRCC about the Portal. I then provided the same exact information they usually ask for in the 1st portal email (names, DOB, UCI, Option A to manage the account for both myself and spouse etc). I didn't have much hope and thought for sure they would ignore it. But they didn't.

When I received the portal email today I received the 2nd email (the credentials one) straight away and they had already set up the account for myself and my spouse based on the information I provided in my email to them. So I went straight to confirming my address and uploaded photos and that's it. Now waiting for COPR and PR Card :)

I highly recommend emailing them. Here is what I sent to them:

Good afternoon,

I was informed by an IRCC call centre agent that my PR application was approved/all stages passed on XXXXXXX. Despite this, to this date I have not received any correspondence for the PR Confirmation Portal from IRCC. Therefore, in an effort to ensure that this is not the result of a missed email or a technical error I am hereby providing you with my relevant information for the PR Confirmation portal.

MY NAME
DOB: XXXXXXX
Application #: EPXXXXXXXX
Email: XXXXXXX

- Email address I would like to use: XXXXXXX
- I am choosing Option A to act on behalf of my spouse

Myself (Principal Applicant):
Name: XXXXXXX
UCI: XXXXXXXX
Original entry date: XXXXXXX
Date of last time entered Canada: XXXXXXX
Location(Port of Entry): XXXXXXX

Principal Applicant's spouse:
UCI: XXXXXXX

We are both currently in Canada.

Please reply to me at this email address should you need any further information or clarification regarding the above.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX

Last edited:

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Here is the interesting bit. Last week after contacting my MP and submitting dozens of webforms, calling IRCC like 4 times I finally had enough and sent an email to the Portal team IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca - In that email I explained that my application was approved over 50 days ago and I had not received any correspondence from IRCC about the Portal. I then provided the same exact information they usually ask for in the 1st portal email (names, DOB, UCI, Option A to manage the account for both myself and spouse etc). I didn't have much hope and thought for sure they would ignore it. But they didn't.

When I received the portal email today I received the 2nd email straight away and they had already set up the account for myself and my spouse based on the information I provided in my email to them. So I went straight to confirming my address and uploaded photos and that's it. Now waiting for COPR and PR Card :)

Good afternoon,

I was informed by an IRCC call centre agent that my PR application was approved/all stages passed on XXXXXXX. Despite this, to this date I have not received any correspondence for the PR Confirmation Portal from IRCC. Therefore, in an effort to ensure that this is not the result of a missed email or a technical error I am hereby providing you with my relevant information for the PR Confirmation portal.

MY NAME

Please reply to me at this email address should you need any further information or clarification regarding the above.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
Would you mind sharing when did you send the email to them? I just sent one few hours ago as well. Thanks.

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

When I received the portal email today I received the 2nd email (the credentials one) straight away and they had already set up the account for myself and my spouse based on the information I provided in my email to them. So I went straight to confirming my address and uploaded photos and that's it. Now waiting for COPR and PR Card :)

Good afternoon,

MY NAME

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
Congrats!!
Do they work on a public holiday???

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Good afternoon,

MY NAME

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
Congratulations, klein! That's a wonderful news. And gives us hope that we can also make it.

• Love
Reactions: klein

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Congratulations, klein! That's a wonderful news. And gives us hope that we can also make it.
Thank you :)

try emailing them and provide all the info the same way I did. It definitely seemed to work in my case as they sent me the portal credentials email within 3 days.

Reactions: sanju2021

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
PORTAL EMAIL RECEIVED!

Good afternoon,

MY NAME

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX
I have one question regarding your application, and applications of @mstefan @eddieeeeeelyx @tph058. In my GCMS notes, everything is approved, but I have not seen any mention of "RFV." According to latest officer review notes, "File final reviewed..... All requirements met.... APPROVED." Is it the same as RFV? I see that I have CoPR number, Print Queue Number and even PR number, I think as the number pattern is similar to a visa number. Does it mean that I should be able to contact IRCC portal and get my credentials?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I have one question regarding your application, and applications of @mstefan @eddieeeeeelyx @tph058. In my GCMS notes, everything is approved, but I have not seen any mention of "RFV." According to latest officer review notes, "File final reviewed..... All requirements met.... APPROVED." Is it the same as RFV? I see that I have CoPR number, Print Queue Number and even PR number, I think as the number pattern is similar to a visa number. Does it mean that I should be able to contact IRCC portal and get my credentials?
If you have a COPR number you should definitely be able to send them an email. They wouldn’t generate a COPR unless your application was fully approved. I would also mention in the first line of your email that your GCMS notes indicate you already have a COPR number (just replace what I wrote about IRCC phone agent telling me I was approved)

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
If you have a COPR number you should definitely be able to send them an email. They wouldn’t generate a COPR unless your application was fully approved. I would also mention in the first line of your email that your GCMS notes indicate you already have a COPR number (just replace what I wrote about IRCC phone agent telling me I was approved)
Hi klein, thanks for a quick response. I will make the required changes, and then send an email. Btw, what was the subject line on your email? Maybe I need something similar to grab their attention.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Hi klein, thanks for a quick response. I will make the required changes, and then send an email. Btw, what was the subject line on your email? Maybe I need something similar to grab their attention.
Np! I hope it all works out for you, keep us posted. I used following subject line (recommend you do the same as it’s the subject line they usually send with the 1st portal email):

IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) / Portail de résidence permanente d'IRCC (confirmation de la RP)

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Awesome! Thanks for all the info. And congratulations again! I am very happy for you. It's been a long battle, but it's finally over.

• Love

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Awesome! Thanks for all the info. And congratulations again! I am very happy for you. It's been a long battle, but it's finally over.
Thanks and no problem at all :) It’s not quite over yet for me until I get the PR Card (I urgently need to travel in December) but it’s one more step closer to the finish line :)