+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

+13 MONTHS APPLICANT

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
As far as I can tell, they haven't touched my residency since my citizenship test - which was in November 2017. That and prohibition are all that's left, so no decision made yet
Mine is too . I call them and they told me my residency and prohibition not started . But they mentioned that my security check has been done 3 months a go . I dont know why didnt touch my residency and prohibition after 17 months .

zia01

Apr 9, 2009
I applied citizenship on Dec 22, 2017.I did my citizenship test and interview on june 20, 2018. During interview the agent asked for police character certificate from my home country which was missing in my file. The same was arranged and provided to cic local office through canada post on july 10,2018. But after that no update from cic and my "ecase" status still shows " in process".Pl advice

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Contacted CIC to follow with my case today, since it's been 15m and I got the same answer that my bg check is ongoing, and call back in a couple of months sigh, don't know what to say.

Zimgyal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
I did my citizenship test Jan 2nd and got decision made Jan 3rd. Got my Oath invite Jan 7th from Mississauga office:eek: I go in for the ceremony Jan 21st.

Everything just escalated from when I did the test. I really hope you guys see some movement as well on your applications. :oops::oops:

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
I passed the test on May 10th and still in process (Application received 24Nov2017). I just asked for ATIP from both IRCC and CSIS. Hopefully, it makes something happens.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I call the call center today . The lady told me finally my residency has been done after 17 months. Just waiting for prohibition.
Honestly I can't trust them I have to call again to talk to second agent . Lol

Reactions: dmn1363

justwaiting

Oct 25, 2018
I call the call center today . The lady told me finally my residency has been done after 17 months. Just waiting for prohibition.
Congratulations! Prohibition should hopefully be fairly quick.

Reactions: Mehran1

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
As I said I cant trust them
I called today again and the agent told me residency not started yet . I told the agent that I called yesterday , I asked two times that are you sure the residency has been done and the agent told me yes it is showing done and just you have to wait for prohibition. So why you are saying not started.
He said I dont know why yesterday the agent told you it is done , but it is still showing NOT STARTED.