Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
charmed10-2013 said:
OMG!

A friend of mine took exam in June 4, received notice for oath for Aug 22nd.

Wow.. 2 weeks notice only..

It is coming guys.. Fingers crossed..
That's great! I took the test the same day, no notification so far :(
Hopefully soon!
Thanks for the info

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vbomb said:
That's great! I took the test the same day, no notification so far :(
Hopefully soon!
Thanks for the info
I think they are giving oath notice for those who took the test on Last week of May & First week of June, 2014.

You will have it soon. They will only give 2-3 weeks notice :)

Hold on :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
I think they are giving oath notice for those who took the test on Last week of May & First week of June, 2014.

You will have it soon. They will only give 2-3 weeks notice :)

Hold on :)
should vancouver ppl approach their MPs and ask them to talk to CIC minister for more funding so the cases here can be processed faster?

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
should vancouver ppl approach their MPs and ask them to talk to CIC minister for more funding so the cases here can be processed faster?
I agree. In the Discover Canada handbook, equal rights is always mentioned. Lol

The funds should be equally divided, so everybody gets equal attention on their files. Atleast for the routine right? If non routine takes longer, for a valid reason, then it is accepted. But you will see other applicants' cases get finalised withing 4-5 months. Where is the love here? Lol..

But still we just have to wait :) Life goes on..

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Frankly I was very surprised that the applications in Vancouver began to be processed in a decent time-frame.In 2007-8 I use to hear my friends crib that an applicant in Surrey or Abbostsford got his application processed waaaaay faster than Vancouver applicants. I however definitely feel that Surrey should have a decent application processing speed and wonder why its lacking. With massive funding being allocated to make it as a BC hub for Bitoech and medical industry they should have put some money aside for CIC.. Just wondering

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
I have a question coming from my curious cerebral cortex. To those who have done the Oath to become Canadian, why would they require in the letter that they gave us to bring our passport. Didn't they check that already during the time when we had our test. I understand the PR Card and COPR /IMM5688/IMM1000 as they have to take possession of such but not the rationale for the passport. Can someone share their experience during Oath day so we know what we're expecting. It's gorgeous outside!

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
I have a question coming from my curious cerebral cortex.
Not many things make me laugh on this forum, but that certainly did :)

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
vanvanvan said:
I have a question coming from my curious cerebral cortex. To those who have done the Oath to become Canadian, why would they require in the letter that they gave us to bring our passport. Didn't they check that already during the time when we had our test. I understand the PR Card and COPR /IMM5688/IMM1000 as they have to take possession of such but not the rationale for the passport. Can someone share their experience during Oath day so we know what we're expecting. It's gorgeous outside!
Who knows, most of the processes adopted by CIC are archaic and hasn't changed for decades. Maybe they needed it for some reason a long time ago and never bothered to rectify it even though we don't need it anymore

Same reason why we have to bring the letter indicating that we were called to test, even though it's all digitally stored in the database and a simple Client ID scan confirms who's on the list for the test that day, so all you need to bring should be your PR card

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Scott, my file has been ready for the past two month, background checks done and waiting for the same .... Officer to pick it up and schedule us!

Scotimmigrant said:
File was sent on April 4th
Received on April 6th
Started processing on May 29th

I just called today and they have already done my background check and am just waiting on officer picking it up to book me in for a test. I am hoping with bill C24 turnaround will be real quick.
I heard a guy back east got his citizenship in 4 months and 2 days from when his file said started processing.

I think in vancouver we may have quite a bit more immigrants than back east though.

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vbomb said:
Who knows, most of the processes adopted by CIC are archaic and hasn't changed for decades. Maybe they needed it for some reason a long time ago and never bothered to rectify it even though we don't need it anymore

Same reason why we have to bring the letter indicating that we were called to test, even though it's all digitally stored in the database and a simple Client ID scan confirms who's on the list for the test that day, so all you need to bring should be your PR card
Hi Vbomb, I know it's archaic as you've mentioned that is why I am asking for inputs from people who have gone through the process. During the test they asked us to bring the letter, the purpose of that is for us to input our case number in our answer key not query on some computer or some sort to find it out unless you know it by heart, also in the letter the date and the time that was designated for you was there to be inputted as well . As nonsensical as it may seem, it had some use. Imagine if the officer would scan your PR card or input your file number let's say it takes 20 seconds per applicant for 100 applicants how much would that be in 1 year, it will take time specially with that much volume rather you the applicant yourself inputting it on the paper while you're already seated, less time consuming and less job for them. So anyone who had their oaths is there a relevance of us bringing the passport. Did they even touch it? Share your thoughts coz information is power. The more informed and aware people are the faster, efficient and memorable the process of becoming a Canadian would be. In the future you can also have the opportunity to volunteer and be an ambassador/guide in your community and aid those who want to pursue the same path as a form of gratitude for this country who welcomed us with open arms.

MSK7275

Jun 11, 2014
I passed my citizenship test on 15th May, 2014 and still no oath invitation. Did any one from similar timeline hear for their oath? CIC call center of no use as they give standard reply wait. I ordered GCMS report and it says judge approved on 3rd July, 2014

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
MSK7275 said:
I passed my citizenship test on 15th May, 2014 and still no oath invitation. Did any one from similar timeline hear for their oath? CIC call center of no use as they give standard reply wait. I ordered GCMS report and it says judge approved on 3rd July, 2014
When did you apply? Time line, please.