+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

steeles

May 7, 2014
Hi, Pie
I took a test on July.3 and it has been 5 weeks after the test, but no Oath lettter yet.
and also no update info from CIC online status.

Is it normal to receive the Oath letter in 3 weeks?

Have you received the letter for Citizenship Oath??
So I really wonder when will be the date for Oath Ceremony for late June or early July test takers in Vancouver.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
steeles said:
Hi, Pie
I took a test on July.3 and it has been 5 weeks after the test, but no Oath lettter yet.
and also no update info from CIC online status.

Is it normal to receive the Oath letter in 3 weeks?

Have you received the letter for Citizenship Oath??
So I really wonder when will be the date for Oath Ceremony for late June or early July test takers in Vancouver.
I took the test on the 2nd of July. Lets inform each other of the update!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
I took the test on the 2nd of July. Lets inform each other of the update!
I still think we will have notice on the week of Aug 25 - 29th :)

For 2nd & 3rd week of September oath dates.. :)

Goodluck to us :)

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I hope it will be faster this time because of many Oath ceremony schedule.
And hope they are back from vacation... ;D

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
pie_vancouver said:
I hope it will be faster this time because of many Oath ceremony schedule.
And hope they are back from vacation... ;D
With that many oath dates i think it will be sooner specially that after August 1 the 3 step process was eliminated. You guys will get your oath notice probably next week or two then oath is last week of aug or first week september. I hope it would be that way coz it all will push our schedules earlier and i dont have to change anything with my travel plans for november :D Thats the Secret! Ask, Believe, Receive! :D

circuit

Aug 7, 2014
Hi,

I've been on these forums once in a while but this is the first time I am posting anything. Sent in my application in August 2013 and gave my test in Vancouver office on June 4th 2014. Waiting for oath.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Welcome to "waiting for oath club" circuit ;D

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
circuit said:
Hi,

I've been on these forums once in a while but this is the first time I am posting anything. Sent in my application in August 2013 and gave my test in Vancouver office on June 4th 2014. Waiting for oath.
u should be getting urs soon. a friend of mine has similar timeline is taking oath on aug 21

circuit

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks guys. I have been checking eCAS twice a day since start of July. Hopefully some good news soon.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel that almost all of us here is now waiting for oath.

Vancouver becomes really fast with giving test notices, backlog comes on the oath taking. Lol

oathraincouver

Jun 8, 2014
vanvanvan said:
With that many oath dates i think it will be sooner specially that after August 1 the 3 step process was eliminated. You guys will get your oath notice probably next week or two then oath is last week of aug or first week september. I hope it would be that way coz it all will push our schedules earlier and i dont have to change anything with my travel plans for november :D Thats the Secret! Ask, Believe, Receive! :D
I don't know if the 1 step instead of 3 steps is good or not. I still prefer getting approved by judge rather than cic's decision makers whose decision may be easily revoked by minister in the future. I am really doubting if minister has the power to change the judge's decision. That's why cic wants to replace CJ with their own decision makers. It's just my own opinion.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
oathraincouver said:
I don't know if the 1 step instead of 3 steps is good or not. I still prefer getting approved by judge rather than cic's decision makers whose decision may be easily revoked by minister in the future. I am really doubting if minister has the power to change the judge's decision. That's why cic wants to replace CJ with their own decision makers. It's just my own opinion.
If citizenship can be easily revoked, then what is the difference with PR?

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
BLT said:
If citizenship can be easily revoked, then what is the difference with PR?
If your application is foolproof, not misrepresented and completed and accomplished with utmost honesty and to the best of your knowledge then I guess you don't need to worry about citizenship being revoked by the minister whether the decision was finalized by a judge or a CIC decision maker/case manager. Just my two cents worth. So if it will be for the betterment of the majority and applications would be processed in a timely and efficient manner and all backlogs covered, I would go for it.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
vanvanvan said:
If you're application is foolproof, not misrepresented and completed and accomplished with utmost honesty and to the best of your knowledge then I guess you don't need to worry about citizenship being revoked by the minister whether the decision was finalized by a judge or a CIC decision maker/case manager. Just my two cents worth. So if it will be for the betterment of the majority and applications would be processed in a timely and efficient manner and all backlogs covered, I would go for it.
What if you have gotten the citizenship, and 10 years later, other country offers you a job. If you move there, you will be revoked. This is what meant.
For those who cheat the system, should go to jail instead of only being revoked.