+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerodkillick said:
Took test July 17th and passed. No idea of score, but passed!! Whoot! Interview was easy with exception that I had to get my itineraries from the two trips I made over the past 3 years for the judge to see, as I applied so close to the # of days cuttoff. I ran home right away, found my itineraries online, and printed them off, and then returned to office and gave to officer at the door. He put it in an enveloope for me with all documents and attached form (RQ?) that the interviewer gave me.

so now, I am in the waiting game for oath. I can only trust that the interviewing officer received my documents right away. If not, I will hear in 45 day time as that was the cutoff for me to get documents back to her.

I also ordered my ATIP yesturday just in case, and also out of curiosity.

It does look like us Vancouver folks get Oath invites within 2 months. I am hopeful! Overall, the process has been smooth. I definatly advise that people not be silly, and take the test for granted. Too many folks say the test was easy. However, It was clear that many folks at my test day did not pass. Read the book at least 2x and do test questions. And, dont be fooled, the test questions at actual exam are worded different than any of the practice tests. That means you really DO need to know the information.

cheers friends! I will update you when I get my oath invite.
thanks for the info.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
My friend, what kind of itineraries are they asking, boarding pass? Can't they just see the stamp from your passport?

jerodkillick said:
Took test July 17th and passed. No idea of score, but passed!! Whoot! Interview was easy with exception that I had to get my itineraries from the two trips I made over the past 3 years for the judge to see, as I applied so close to the # of days cuttoff. I ran home right away, found my itineraries online, and printed them off, and then returned to office and gave to officer at the door. He put it in an enveloope for me with all documents and attached form (RQ?) that the interviewer gave me.

so now, I am in the waiting game for oath. I can only trust that the interviewing officer received my documents right away. If not, I will hear in 45 day time as that was the cutoff for me to get documents back to her.

I also ordered my ATIP yesturday just in case, and also out of curiosity.

It does look like us Vancouver folks get Oath invites within 2 months. I am hopeful! Overall, the process has been smooth. I definatly advise that people not be silly, and take the test for granted. Too many folks say the test was easy. However, It was clear that many folks at my test day did not pass. Read the book at least 2x and do test questions. And, dont be fooled, the test questions at actual exam are worded different than any of the practice tests. That means you really DO need to know the information.

cheers friends! I will update you when I get my oath invite.

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
aahhh yes...good question...they wanted more detail as I had no stamps for my Cuba trip, nor one trip I made to the states to get my belongings. So, it turns out that having stamps in your passport is helpful. It sounded to me like from what the officer said, that if I had not applied so close to the # of days present cutoff, it would not have been so important. I applied 11 days after the three year mark.

J

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerodkillick said:
aahhh yes...good question...they wanted more detail as I had no stamps for my Cuba trip, nor one trip I made to the states to get my belongings. So, it turns out that having stamps in your passport is helpful. It sounded to me like from what the officer said, that if I had not applied so close to the # of days present cutoff, it would not have been so important. I applied 11 days after the three year mark.

J
I think its a great idea to 1. have all itinerary , air tickets, boarding pass, hotel confirmation
2. have the CBSA entry record
3. have the USA entry record
4. prepare a spreedsheet detailing all the info, have it prepared when going into the test.
thats exactly what i will do when my lucky test day comes.
congraz! ur journey is close to the end

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
yes....I agree! Very good idea. It would have saved me some level of anxiety doing what you have there. You cant have too much documentation. Each officer is different, and some seem to ask for more than others. the guy next to me in the next window was getting a right good verbal quizzing from his officer. I was lucky and just stayed very relaxed.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerodkillick said:
yes....I agree! Very good idea. It would have saved me some level of anxiety doing what you have there. You cant have too much documentation. Each officer is different, and some seem to ask for more than others. the guy next to me in the next window was getting a right good verbal quizzing from his officer. I was lucky and just stayed very relaxed.
its all luck. but pls let us know when you receive oath letter in 2 months.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
jerodkillick said:

J
Thank you, bro. I apply just 5 days over the 1095, which is 1100. A regulation is a regulation. If they say 1095, means sharp 1,095. I find it funny if there is a difference for 1,096 or 1,906. As long as you are 1,095 or more, it is qualified, right?
Btw, I heard that having no exit stamp for US land-trip will become a problem. For me, I have every stamp. But I never worked since the first day I arrived. I didn't arrive as a PR, but as a temporary visa in 2008, then got the PR after 3 years (2011). Anybody has similar experience or friends with?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
jerodkillick said:

J
I am happy to have read your post. I had my test on July 2nd. I travelled only twice during my stay. For the first travel after I arrived to Canada, the entry stamp to the country I was working in is not on the passport, since I had an employment pass at that country. The CIC kept looking for the stamp in the passport, and then I asked her about what she is looking for! I then showed her the intinerary, and she asked if she can keep it.

Although she has not shown worry, I wish I had the boarding pass instead of the intinerary. Now having read your post, I feel more relaxed!

jerodkillick

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Alaska to Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-16-10
AOR Received.
8-24-10
File Transfer...
7-15-10
Med's Done....
5-3-10
Passport Req..
10-6-10
VISA ISSUED...
10-15-10
LANDED..........
November 27th, 2010
Excellent. yes..I the officer was very clear with me that itinerary was all she really needed. She was going to then attach to my file for the judge, if the judge had any questions at all on number of days.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
What kind of itinerary did you guys provided? A piece of paper stated which town you visited and which hotel you stayed; that's it? Or hotel invoice proof, restaurants invoice, etc? I assume there was no boarding pass, right?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
BLT said:
What kind of itinerary did you guys provided? A piece of paper stated which town you visited and which hotel you stayed; that's it? Or hotel invoice proof, restaurants invoice, etc? I assume there was no boarding pass, right?
Flight itinerary, and yes I did not have the boarding passes.

In my opinion, the boarding pass is the ultimate proof of the travel.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
You can go to the airline and they should be able to give you a copy or at least a legal letter that you were in that flight.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
But if you entered Canada from airport, there is no way that your arrival was not recorded. The CBSA would have your entry record.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
BLT said:
You can go to the airline and they should be able to give you a copy or at least a legal letter that you were in that flight.
The stamp I am talking about is another' country stamp in leaving Canada and entering that country.

I did not think that not having that particular stamp is a problem, specially that it was short after I landed and I am reporting an absnece of more than 3 months at that travel. If I wanted not to be honest, I could have shortned the absence period since there is no stamp of entering the other country. I think my case should not bring any alarm. I believe the officer I met was just doing the job as it should be, by checking every date.

Since I did not think of the situation, I did not contact the airline before hand, and I just had the intinerary in case!

Anyway, I am relieved to know that another friend here was asked for only intinerary.