+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
I've given up on the hope of getting my visa, I don't know if it will come through. I sent it off to Mississauga at the end of February. It's been 10 months. They lost my medicals. Now they've found them, but have not moved on making a decision (before xmas). I've missed xmas with ill relatives and my wonderful fiancé. This is just ridiculous, whether I get it or not, I'm so annoyed that I've been waiting this long with such uncertainty. This process has been a complete nightmare. I cannot see why people have decision made who've only applied a few months ago compared to us, 10 months ago. We're ok to be apart a while, it's the finances, jobs and family that can't wait longer.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
sarah2012 said:
I've given up on the hope of getting my visa, I don't know if it will come through. I sent it off to Mississauga at the end of February. It's been 10 months. They lost my medicals. Now they've found them, but have not moved on making a decision (before xmas). I've missed xmas with ill relatives and my wonderful fiancé. This is just ridiculous, whether I get it or not, I'm so annoyed that I've been waiting this long with such uncertainty. This process has been a complete nightmare. I cannot see why people have decision made who've only applied a few months ago compared to us, 10 months ago. We're ok to be apart a while, it's the finances, jobs and family that can't wait longer.
I feel for you, I really do. I am living apart from my husband and its extremely hard and has gotten harder since we have applied for the visa. You will probably feel worse at this time of the year and your application has taken longer than the average. I know its slightly frustrating when people tell you to hang in there but, try to as New Year approaches too. I'm assuming you have sent a specific enquiry to London since you are over the 6months?! Perhaps your fiance could contact his MSP (if that is what they call them in Canada) to make an enquiry on your behalf to find out what is taking so long?

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
scottishmaple said:
I feel for you, I really do. I am living apart from my husband and its extremely hard and has gotten harder since we have applied for the visa. You will probably feel worse at this time of the year and your application has taken longer than the average. I know its slightly frustrating when people tell you to hang in there but, try to as New Year approaches too. I'm assuming you have sent a specific enquiry to London since you are over the 6months?! Perhaps your fiance could contact his MSP (if that is what they call them in Canada) to make an enquiry on your behalf to find out what is taking so long?
Thank you. Yes I had put in a request to London and that's when they replied that they do not have my medicals. I forwarded them the receipts and postal tracking number and everything for my medicals. Two or so weeks later, they stated they have my medical results on e-cas.
They have not responded by email since. Our MP is still on holiday but will look at our letter/file, in due course. It's me and I think nmford, who are waiting so very long. I do hope we both get this sorted soon and that no-one else waits for as long as we have been. It's truly a disgrace to be in a system where there seems to be neither even processing times nor communication between applicants and immigration officers/customer service personnel.

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
sarah2012 said:
It's amazing what they put people through. I mean how can they possibly take so long? Is the system THAT bad?

I bet a number of marriages break down because of this process.

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
nmford said:
I bet a number of marriages break down because of this process.
Maybe that's what they are testing...how strong a relationship you have. Either way it's unethical.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Fhaider said:
Passport received today.
Yeah congrats, that's great news! you've been waiting for so long!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sarah2012 said:
Thank you. Yes I had put in a request to London and that's when they replied that they do not have my medicals. I forwarded them the receipts and postal tracking number and everything for my medicals. Two or so weeks later, they stated they have my medical results on e-cas.
They have not responded by email since. Our MP is still on holiday but will look at our letter/file, in due course. It's me and I think nmford, who are waiting so very long. I do hope we both get this sorted soon and that no-one else waits for as long as we have been. It's truly a disgrace to be in a system where there seems to be neither even processing times nor communication between applicants and immigration officers/customer service personnel.
I really feel for you, you've been waiting for so long.... I really hope that it will come soon. I think contacting the MP when he is back from holidays is a good thing to do, and now that your medicals are sorted, it should go fast, and I hope that you have decision made in the coming week - so you can start planning your life again - it's so hard when everything is on hold.
One thing to consider, if at all possible for you, is to move already without COPR, as a tourist. I did that, and it made it much easier. I was waiting, but at least being in Canada I could already get familiar with the rest of the surroundings etc.
Fingers crossed, for you and nmford that have been waiting for so long,
Sweden

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Received COPR today!
Can't quite believe it yet and in very impressed with the speed during the holidays!

Landing on the 10th and it will all be over!
We are only taking 2 suitcases each do we need to fill out that form, the b4 or something?

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
Yeah congrats, that's great news! you've been waiting for so long!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden
It's going to be almost 1 year now.
Anyway I'm done.
Thanks

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarah2012 said:
Sarah2012.

Please don't give up. Look at my timeline, it took a year.
Have patience.

Thanks.

gentar

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga and London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2012
HI I have a question? It says on ecas the the application was received to London on the 4th September 2012, which means that it has been processing in London for approx 4months. But on the London Visa website it says that emails enquires will only be replied if it exceedees the average processing time of 6 months OR if there is a problem? In the beginning I had some confidence in the process but I have seen some comments on the spreadsheet of frustrated individuals who have not heard anything from CIC once in processing and others who have endured paperwork going missing. As we haven't heard form CIC I am nervous that there might be a problem and want to contact them about it, has anybody contacted the CIC before the average processing time and gotten a response?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
gentar said:
HI I have a question? It says on ecas the the application was received to London on the 4th September 2012, which means that it has been processing in London for approx 4months. But on the London Visa website it says that emails enquires will only be replied if it exceedees the average processing time of 6 months OR if there is a problem? In the beginning I had some confidence in the process but I have seen some comments on the spreadsheet of frustrated individuals who have not heard anything from CIC once in processing and others who have endured paperwork going missing. As we haven't heard form CIC I am nervous that there might be a problem and want to contact them about it, has anybody contacted the CIC before the average processing time and gotten a response?
I have sent two emails within a 4 month period and got a reply both times as my ecas is not updating at all. But you are only 4 months into the processing, and it takes longer than that. My application was received on Sept 25th at London and I haven't heard anything through ecas only from the emails. You can send an enquiry if you like, they may or may not reply, however you are still in early days, they are still dealing with July Applications and some earlier than that. Compared to last years spreadsheet of applicants, London is really slow this year.

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Hi,

I have a question. We received approval for my sponsor the 10th of December and it took about 2 weeks to be able to login and check application status, I guess that's normal. But I can only login with my sponsor's details, not with my own name. Should I be able to login with my own details?

Feel for you guys who have been waiting for so long, I really hope that you'll hear from London soon!