+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
johare12 said:
You made me curious so I just checked.......

DECISION MADE!!!!!!!!!

Agh it's a Christmas miracle best present!

And thanks Sweden I was just really nervous about it, who did you fly with? I know air transit are reall fussy about letting you on with a one way sometimes!

and - time to update the spreadsheet and turn yourself red! :) very christmassy!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Sweden said:
and - time to update the spreadsheet and turn yourself red! :) very christmassy!
Thanks it's such a relief! Can really enjoy the rest of my time at home!
How do I change the colour on my phone any idea?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
johare12 said:
Thanks it's such a relief! Can really enjoy the rest of my time at home!
How do I change the colour on my phone any idea?
I don't think you can open spreadsheet on your phone ( on mine I can't) or edit them - only from a computer. If you want, I'll modify the spreadsheet for you! otherwise it can wait until you have access to a computer.
Sweden

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Christmas Day in Toronto (a sort of white Christmas here) and I've received a job offer! They're happy to wait for my COPR but would like me to chase CIC. Is this a good idea or of any benefit at all?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
mirage1964 said:
OMG. I just checked today for the heck of it and the ECAS has changed from "in process" to "Decision Made"!!

Here is a specific blurb:

A decision has been made on (My wife in the UK's ) application. The office will contact (my wife in the UK) concerning this decision.

Question: Why will they contact my wife directly in the UK and not send me an e-mail as well? Is this normal?

M
Congratulations that great news

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
johare12 said:
You made me curious so I just checked.......

DECISION MADE!!!!!!!!!

Agh it's a Christmas miracle best present!

And thanks Sweden I was just really nervous about it, who did you fly with? I know air transit are reall fussy about letting you on with a one way sometimes!
thats awesome news, congratulations

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SaMoS said:
Christmas Day in Toronto (a sort of white Christmas here) and I've received a job offer! They're happy to wait for my COPR but would like me to chase CIC. Is this a good idea or of any benefit at all?
Congrats on the job offer, great way to start! but about contacting CIC, it probably won't change anything. They won't make the process faster because you have a job offer... what you can do is contact them if you want to see if they have received your file, but it won't expedite things, and most likely they won't answer... your sponsorship approval is from mid october according to the spreadsheet, so you probably have another 6 weeks before you hear anything from CIC... they seem to be working on files arrived end of August - you might get lucky and be done faster than that, but you can't really count on it.
If they want you to work before that, they should do an LMO - and then when you become PR you could switch from the closed work permit to the "open one" because you'll be a PR anyway.
Good luck,
Sweden

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, hoping someone can help?....I got sponsorship a few weeks ago and my file has been sent to London, up until 4 or 5 days ago I have been logging onto ecas through my husbands details, but now I can log on through my details. For whatever reason ecas has my home address as my last address in Canada (5 years ago) but my postal address as my current address in Scotland. Have I ticked something I shouldn't have(pretty sure I haven't) or have they made a mistake? if I contact London can this be changed easily without delay? Thanks in advance, and hope everyone had a nice Christmas! Xx

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Sweden said:
Congrats on the job offer, great way to start! but about contacting CIC, it probably won't change anything. They won't make the process faster because you have a job offer... what you can do is contact them if you want to see if they have received your file, but it won't expedite things, and most likely they won't answer... your sponsorship approval is from mid october according to the spreadsheet, so you probably have another 6 weeks before you hear anything from CIC... they seem to be working on files arrived end of August - you might get lucky and be done faster than that, but you can't really count on it.
If they want you to work before that, they should do an LMO - and then when you become PR you could switch from the closed work permit to the "open one" because you'll be a PR anyway.
Good luck,
Sweden
Yeah,

That's exactly what I thought too. The LMO option isn't available as they didnt advertise the role. I got the role via business "contacts".

I may just email CIC in the NY as you suggest...it can't harm checking they've got the file!

Oh god...they better have the file...! ;-)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mic_midd86 said:
Hi, hoping someone can help?....I got sponsorship a few weeks ago and my file has been sent to London, up until 4 or 5 days ago I have been logging onto ecas through my husbands details, but now I can log on through my details. For whatever reason ecas has my home address as my last address in Canada (5 years ago) but my postal address as my current address in Scotland. Have I ticked something I shouldn't have(pretty sure I haven't) or have they made a mistake? if I contact London can this be changed easily without delay? Thanks in advance, and hope everyone had a nice Christmas! Xx
Hey,

It could be an error from their side but I'm not sure it matters as long as your mailing address is correct... however if you want, you can send them a 'case-specific-enquiry" through the website, and ask them to correct it. They will correct it, you will probably get a "standard answer" saying that they have received but won't respond, and eventually after a few days/weeks it will be changed on ecas.

But nothing to worry about, it doesn't change anything for your file, the important one is that you have the correct mailing address on ecas.
Good luck - and Merry christmas,
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Congratulations to the few that have gotten some good news this Christmas!!
I'm hoping they start on them again ASAP and get some More out.. It's creeping closer to my time and I'm just desperate to get this through! ;D

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
Hey,

It could be an error from their side but I'm not sure it matters as long as your mailing address is correct... however if you want, you can send them a 'case-specific-enquiry" through the website, and ask them to correct it. They will correct it, you will probably get a "standard answer" saying that they have received but won't respond, and eventually after a few days/weeks it will be changed on ecas.

But nothing to worry about, it doesn't change anything for your file, the important one is that you have the correct mailing address on ecas.
Good luck - and Merry christmas,
Sweden

Thanks Sweden! I was having a mini panic!

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
Sweden said:
Healthcare depends on which province, but SIN is super easy. Once she has landed, she can go the same day to a "service canada" office, with her passport + the COPR signed, and the SIN will be issued right away (it takes about 10 min). The SIN card will arrive in the mail about 10 days later, but she can leave the office with a print of her SIN to use right away... so it's super easy.

I like your wife's present - well thought!! :)
Merry Christmas,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden...

We are in BC so I think we can get healthcare as soon as she has a SIN :) and yes it was a great Xmas present..

M

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mirage1964 said:
Thanks Sweden...

We are in BC so I think we can get healthcare as soon as she has a SIN :) and yes it was a great Xmas present..

M
I'm in BC too and I have been trying to get added to my partner's MSP, but we don't have the answer yet, so if you manage something let me know! :) I have taken private insurance in the meantime, but I have been told that PR spouses of BC residents can be covered right away - still trying to get it confirmed by MSP and it's taking a while...
Good luck!
Sweden