+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
London has had my application since late June or early July, so it is longer than four months there ;) Perhaps I am being negative, and I will wait for a few weeks longer before inquiring with London further. It does get damn tough 10months in the waiting!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
johare12 said:
Received COPR today!
Can't quite believe it yet and in very impressed with the speed during the holidays!

Landing on the 10th and it will all be over!
We are only taking 2 suitcases each do we need to fill out that form, the b4 or something?
Congrats! good to know that it got there before you travel, good timing!
the B4 is probably not necessary since you're not bringing a lot of things, but if you want to be prepared, just have the list with you of your belongings. If they ask about it, you have it... and can get it stamped right away. If not needed, then you're good to go! Good luck with landing, and welcome to Canada! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Swedish citizen said:
Hi,

I have a question. We received approval for my sponsor the 10th of December and it took about 2 weeks to be able to login and check application status, I guess that's normal. But I can only login with my sponsor's details, not with my own name. Should I be able to login with my own details?

Feel for you guys who have been waiting for so long, I really hope that you'll hear from London soon!
you should be able to log with both, but only certain combinations work...
so it's either sponsor name + UCI from the sponsorship approval, OR applicant name + File number ( starting with F).

that should work normally - once you have your PR you will also have your own UCI.
Good luck,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
It's Hogmanay and I am working until 10.30pm so incase I don't get a chance, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that 2013 is good to you all and brings you COPR early in the year.

I will be spending Hogmanay watching (hopefully) some classic funny bbc TV and chatting to my hubby online until the bells ring here... What will you be doing?

x

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
It's Hogmanay and I am working until 10.30pm so incase I don't get a chance, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that 2013 is good to you all and brings you COPR early in the year.

I will be spending Hogmanay watching (hopefully) some classic funny bbc TV and chatting to my hubby online until the bells ring here... What will you be doing?

x
Hey! Happy new year to you as well, and hope the COPR show up quickly at the door! best wishes for 2013.
I'm spending a few days on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, with friends and my partner's family - all nice and cosy, celebrating, playing games, and generally being happy! :) came back from 3h surfing (2nd time in my life, first one being yesterday! :) ) and after 3h in the (cold) water, I'm not sure I can resist and stay awake very long! :)
Best wishes!
Sweden

paulonaboat

Mar 14, 2012
News! Not good, but news!

In response to a Case Specific Enquiry, Immigration and Medical Services Division have replied to say that a medical furtherance request was made in May. We did not receive this request, and it was not mentioned in a response to our earlier CSE changing our address and asking for any updates. They are resending the request.

While it is frustrating that so long has passed without this request reaching us, as my wife was pregnant at that time and for almost the entire duration since, the x-ray component of the medical would have had to wait until early December when the baby was born. I guess.

I'm putting this update out mostly for the people later down the line looking at the looming timelines of folks like ourselves who submitted earlier. From what I've seen through this forum the straightforward cases with everything in order do seem to move along quite nicely. Any wrinkles though... do seem to draaaaaaaag it ouuuuuuuuuuuut.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
paulonaboat said:

In response to a Case Specific Enquiry, Immigration and Medical Services Division have replied to say that a medical furtherance request was made in May. We did not receive this request, and it was not mentioned in a response to our earlier CSE changing our address and asking for any updates. They are resending the request.

While it is frustrating that so long has passed without this request reaching us, as my wife was pregnant at that time and for almost the entire duration since, the x-ray component of the medical would have had to wait until early December when the baby was born. I guess.

I'm putting this update out mostly for the people later down the line looking at the looming timelines of folks like ourselves who submitted earlier. From what I've seen through this forum the straightforward cases with everything in order do seem to move along quite nicely. Any wrinkles though... do seem to draaaaaaaag it ouuuuuuuuuuuut.
I'm sorry that your are having to deal with this, but I am pleased that you have found an answer and can now start to resolve the delay.
However, this does make me nervous. My Ecas is not updating at all and the only response I am getting is from CSE but now from your post it doesnt even seem like they are giving people the correct information through that avenue either. It makes no sense why they would not state in a simple sentence that they sent you a medical furtherance request in May....

May 17, 2012
I am getting, a bit nervous now as my medicals will reach it's one year in february, when I received a response to my email from london visa on 12/18/12 they said my application is in a queue to be reviewed by an officer, they haven't even looked at it :( I am hoping that I hear some good news soon.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
random_emotions said:
I am getting, a bit nervous now as my medicals will reach it's one year in february, when I received a response to my email from london visa on 12/18/12 they said my application is in a queue to be reviewed by an officer, they haven't even looked at it :( I am hoping that I hear some good news soon.
When was your sponsorship approval?

May 17, 2012
Sponsorship approval was August 22. Medicals were done in february, originally the application was submitted in march which is why I did the medicals so early, then the whole application was sent back after two months from mississauga because they have updated the sponsorship forms just before the application was sent to mississauga. I know from london vo they have my application and received it there on Sept 6 but no status update. This has been such a stressful process and I just hope I get approved before the medicals expire. :(

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
random_emotions said:
Sponsorship approval was August 22. Medicals were done in february, originally the application was submitted in march which is why I did the medicals so early, then the whole application was sent back after two months from mississauga because they have updated the sponsorship forms just before the application was sent to mississauga. I know from london vo they have my application and received it there on Sept 6 but no status update. This has been such a stressful process and I just hope I get approved before the medicals expire. :(
There is still time :) so I hope you get approved quickly - if your application is straightforward, it might be approved the day they open it... and they might also extend your medicals if that's the only thing left in your application, so you might not have to re-do them at all. Based on the spreadsheet, you should hear soon from them.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
paulonaboat said:

that's too bad, but as you say - you would not have been able to do the full medicals with your wife being pregnant anyway, so in that sense you have not lost so much time... hopefully now they'll receive the rest of the medicals quickly, and approve your PR in a whim!
Fingers crossed,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
Hey! Happy new year to you as well, and hope the COPR show up quickly at the door! best wishes for 2013.
I'm spending a few days on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, with friends and my partner's family - all nice and cosy, celebrating, playing games, and generally being happy! :) came back from 3h surfing (2nd time in my life, first one being yesterday! :) ) and after 3h in the (cold) water, I'm not sure I can resist and stay awake very long! :)
Best wishes!
Sweden
Sounds like you had a great time Sweden!

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Evening all. I have been kindly directed to this thread to ask my question about Option C printouts. My wife is Canadian and sponsoring me. We have lived and worked in the UK since 2001 so she has not paid any kind of Canadian tax since then (I actually think she got a rebate not long after she moved here). Does she need to get an Option C printout?

Many thanks.

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Sweden said:
you should be able to log with both, but only certain combinations work...
so it's either sponsor name + UCI from the sponsorship approval, OR applicant name + File number ( starting with F).

that should work normally - once you have your PR you will also have your own UCI.
Good luck,
Sweden
Tack, Sweden! I´m able to login now.