+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Sniprat said:
Evening all. I have been kindly directed to this thread to ask my question about Option C printouts. My wife is Canadian and sponsoring me. We have lived and worked in the UK since 2001 so she has not paid any kind of Canadian tax since then (I actually think she got a rebate not long after she moved here). Does she need to get an Option C printout?

Many thanks.
In short: No. We were in the same position and our sponsorship went without a hitch. What you'll need to do is to include a letter explaining that you've been out of the country for tax purposes since 2001 and show any HMRC tax returns you have as additional proof.

I get the feeling that your situation isn't that uncommon so your sponsorship shouldn't be a problem...just explain the reason why there's no Option C.

I hope that helps...

S.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
SaMoS said:
In short: No. We were in the same position and our sponsorship went without a hitch. What you'll need to do is to include a letter explaining that you've been out of the country for tax purposes since 2001 and show any HMRC tax returns you have as additional proof.

I get the feeling that your situation isn't that uncommon so your sponsorship shouldn't be a problem...just explain the reason why there's no Option C.

I hope that helps...

S.
It certainly does help. Many thanks.

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
I got an email back from VO London today. The email included this snippet:

Your permanent residence application is currently awaiting a full review. The review is expected to be completed shortly and we will be in contact if there are any additional requirements.

Does anyone recognise the wording as a standard message they send or should I have hope with the words "completed shortly"?

Thanks,

S.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
SaMoS said:
I got an email back from VO London today. The email included this snippet:

Your permanent residence application is currently awaiting a full review. The review is expected to be completed shortly and we will be in contact if there are any additional requirements.

Does anyone recognise the wording as a standard message they send or should I have hope with the words "completed shortly"?

Thanks,

S.
Hey SaMos,

I do think it is a "standard reply", however it looks like they are in the final stage of completing the review, and you don't have any mention of a possible interviews - some other people got answers telling them that an interview was still possible etc, which is not your case, so you should be done soon!
Good luck,
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
It seems to have been a very long time since anyone has gotten DM and COPRs.
I know there has been a significant delay with Christmas etc. I just hope that next week there will be some movement. I'm starting to lose hope even though I know there is an end to this, I just can't see it coming. Finding it hard to stay positive about being done soon and fed up of everyone asking "has your visa come through yet?" Over the holidays..I just want to go back to work!
Just needed to vent! :-[

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sfeire said:
It seems to have been a very long time since anyone has gotten DM and COPRs.
I know there has been a significant delay with Christmas etc. I just hope that next week there will be some movement. I'm starting to lose hope even though I know there is an end to this, I just can't see it coming. Finding it hard to stay positive about being done soon and fed up of everyone asking "has your visa come through yet?" Over the holidays..I just want to go back to work!
Just needed to vent! :-[
It's hard for sure - and especially when you're so close to the end of the process.... there is a moment where it becomes just "unbearable" and it feels like days are not passing fast enough.... but in general that's when the COPR arrives! and seeing your timeline, you should be pretty close to getting a DM, if your file is straightforward, as it seems that they are working on files that arrived end of August/beginning of September - hang in there, you'll hear soon! now that holidays are over, the VOs should be back to work full speed!
Sweden

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Quick question: in e-cas I noticed that when I click on the underlined "Application received" it says "We received your application for permanent residence on September 17, 2012." This is the date that Mississauga received our application for the first stage of sponsorship. Does this mean that they also transferred the file to London for stage 2 PR processing on the same day? (doubtful!) Or are they just really good at mis-labelling/confusing things.

The reason I ask is that I noticed some people include when their file was transferred to London and it's usually around the time of PR approval. How do people generally find out when their file is transferred for stage 2?

Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
baruderu said:
Quick question: in e-cas I noticed that when I click on the underlined "Application received" it says "We received your application for permanent residence on September 17, 2012." This is the date that Mississauga received our application for the first stage of sponsorship. Does this mean that they also transferred the file to London for stage 2 PR processing on the same day? (doubtful!) Or are they just really good at mis-labelling/confusing things.

The reason I ask is that I noticed some people include when their file was transferred to London and it's usually around the time of PR approval. How do people generally find out when their file is transferred for stage 2?

Thanks!
It's normal - it's the same for all applicants. When clicking on "application received" normally the date you see is the one from Mississauga, and it stays like this for the time of the application.
You can find out when the file is transferred to London if you get an AOR ( acknowledgement of receipt, but very rare from London), or if you have some communication with the VO, and they confirm that they have your file. Otherwise, there is nothing to do but wait... since your file was received on 17th September, I suppose that your sponsorship was approved sometimes in october or november, so you have a bit of time before hearing from London.
Good luck,
Sweden

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Rec'd Approval for Sponsorship today :). Email stating file has been forwarded to the London office.
Kindly add my info to the time line , and hoping that those waiting hear soon. Mississauga office seems to be flying ,
hopefully London shall be the same .

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
SaMoS said:

I hope that helps...

S.
Hi,

We did exactly the same, my sponsor just wrote a short explanation why he didn´t send it and we got the sponsorship approval in one week.

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
moonchild67 said:
Rec'd Approval for Sponsorship today :). Email stating file has been forwarded to the London office.
Kindly add my info to the time line , and hoping that those waiting hear soon. Mississauga office seems to be flying ,
Great! Congratulations, moonchild67, so happy for you!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
moonchild67 said:
Congrats and welcome to London VO and waiting game! I have moved your application up a few lines to reflect the date of the sponsorship approval, and good luck for the process!
Now that you have reached 10 posts you can also edit the info on your profile on the forum ( on the top right corner) and add more information if you want.
Good luck,
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
moonchild67 said:
Congrats, I hope it is not a long wait for you

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hi everyone
I just joined the forum today and have been reading nonstop! I haven't read ALL of this thread but have been reading from about November onward. I can't tell you what a relief it is to see other people going through this process. Misery loves company I guess :p

I've been in Canada as a visitor for 2.5 years now. We're fortunate enough that my husband can support us both while we go through the process and we're really lucky that I can stay here. Not that it doesn't have it's own difficulties - being out of work for so long is driving me mad! But it finally looks like things are moving.

We first sent off the application in August and they received it in September. They sent it back to us because we were missing one single signature. Gah! My husband's sponsorship was approved on December 14th and today for the first time I learned I was able to log into ecas where it says my medical results have been received. I'm working on the assumption that this means London has the application. Which is AWESOME.

So now we're just playing the waiting game, I guess. We have a super simple application (I hope) in that we're young, healthy, have no children or previous marriages and provided plenty of evidence of our relationship.

I want to be richtee from the spreadsheet who was processed in 42 days! How on earth did that happen? So cool.

Also, I read earlier in the thread that the UK gvt offices are closed until December 7th. Can anyone over in the UK confirm that?

Anyway, just saying hi, really :)