+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
jimiya2me said:
I'm a bit worry about my case. It has been 3 weeks since the application arrived to CHC New Delhi, I haven't yet get the PPR. :'(
Shall I keep waiting or is it possible to contact them?
Without being Patient, nothing is possible with CHC ND....Be patient, ppl like DNT have been waiting for more than 9 weeks for a PPR now.
Do not expect miracles to happen with CHC ND, it is for your good if you be patient like the others you see in this thread who have been waiting for a while.

greymatter

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2011
AOR Received.
24-04-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2011
thecoolguysam said:
could you please tell me through which courier service you sent the passport to chc Delhi
We used Blue Dart's domestic priority service.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
thx for the info!!
did it was sent to :

Canadian High Commission,
Immigration Section,
7/8 Shantipath,
Chankyapuri
New Delhi. 110021.

or

Canadian High Commission,'
Immigration Section,
PO BOX 5209
Shantipath,
Chankyapuri
New Delhi. 110021.

greymatter said:
We used Blue Dart's domestic priority service.

greymatter

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2011
AOR Received.
24-04-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2011
thecoolguysam said:
thx for the info!!
did it was sent to :

Immigration Section,
7/8 Shantipath,
Chankyapuri
New Delhi. 110021.

or

Immigration Section,
PO BOX 5209
Shantipath,
Chankyapuri
New Delhi. 110021.
We sent it to:

High Commission Of Canada- Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021
India

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
JasKiran,

Furthur to Gagan's point, did CHC ND as you to re-do medicals or did they inform you that you need to and will send you the PP?

Not sure if i understood what the scenario is correctly..did they ask you to do it or did they just let you know that they will again contact you to do it?

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
hams_shah said:
Normally How long it takes after the PP req.
As its been almost 2 months ND has the PP.

it all depends up on the vo and where the file is in the queue...usually....u should rcv the pp back with in 3-4 months....

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
greymatter said:
Hi,
Just wanted to update everyone on my case...
PPR sent May 18 (PPR Rx June 6)
PP sent June 7 (PP Rx at CIC Delhi June 8 )
Status change on ECAS from 'application received' to 'in process' June 9

welcome onboard... :)

good luck with the process :)

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
jimiya2me said:
I'm a bit worry about my case. It has been 3 weeks since the application arrived to CHC New Delhi, I haven't yet get the PPR. :'(
Shall I keep waiting or is it possible to contact them?

i guess u should wait a little bit more before u send them any CSE....

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
thx for the info!!
did it was sent to :

Immigration Section,
7/8 Shantipath,
Chankyapuri
New Delhi. 110021.

or

Immigration Section,
PO BOX 5209
Shantipath,
Chankyapuri
New Delhi. 110021.

do not use the PO box when sending documents to CHC...

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
@gagansingh
You are right. It all depends on the VO. So far I have not found any rule or any standard time with New Delhi.

It does hurt a lot when your case is with New Delhi for 4th month and people filed after you have received their visa. New Delhi has completed the background checks within 2 to 3 weeks. So I am not very convinced that background checks take long time. It's either the VOs are not very organised when it comes to file management or they are not very convinced with the marriage evidence that has been provided.

Based on the postings on this thread, it seems to me that you should not get married without following things, otherwise it will take more time to convince a idiot.

1. 9 to 10 months of phone-call log before engagement and 6 to 8 months of phone-call log after engagement.
2. 9 to 10 months of e-mails before engagement and 6 to 8 months of e-mails after engagement.
3. 9 to 10 months of video chat log before engagement and 6 to 8 months of video chat log after engagement.
4. 20 to 50 photographs before engagement and 20 to 25 photographs after engagement.
5. You have to spend time after marriage, just to take photographs. Even if you can's get leave from your work, resign and spend time after marriage to take photographs. 20 to 50 after marriage photgraphs are must.
6. 200 marriage photographs showing your rituals.
7. 200 marriage photographs showing your relatives.
8. 4 to 5 money transfer receipts. Even if your wife is employed and earns good money, you have to financially support her so that a idit can understand the marriage is genuine.

Don't do quick marriages. I don't have much of after marriage photographs and money transfer receipts, so I am quite sure that the VO is not scratching his head - is this a genuine marriage and does not want to take a decision and risk his performance. He must be taking advice from other VOs, which will delay my case.

gagansingh said:
it all depends up on the vo and where the file is in the queue...usually....u should rcv the pp back with in 3-4 months....

sonyji

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
fprince said:
Guys, i have already given my feedback which is that this office is useless !
See the 2 highlighted statements and the crap they sent her .................its good cos when they say visa will be issues it does mean you passed the interview and the generic crap which they send out.

So please help with your comments...

i always check the status and it always says the same... gosh..... hoping or the best!!!! for me and all...

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
FebPR said:
@ gagansingh
You are right. It all depends on the VO. So far I have not found any rule or any standard time with New Delhi.

It does hurt a lot when your case is with New Delhi for 4th month and people filed after you have received their visa. New Delhi has completed the background checks within 2 to 3 weeks. So I am not very convinced that background checks take long time. It's either the VOs are not very organised when it comes to file management or they are not very convinced with the marriage evidence that has been provided.

Based on the postings on this thread, it seems to me that you should not get married without following things, otherwise it will take more time to convince a idiot.

1. 9 to 10 months of phone-call log before engagement and 6 to 8 months of phone-call log after engagement.
2. 9 to 10 months of e-mails before engagement and 6 to 8 months of e-mails after engagement.
3. 9 to 10 months of video chat log before engagement and 6 to 8 months of video chat log after engagement.
4. 20 to 50 photographs before engagement and 20 to 25 photographs after engagement.
5. You have to spend time after marriage, just to take photographs. Even if you can's get leave from your work, resign and spend time after marriage to take photographs. 20 to 50 after marriage photgraphs are must.
6. 200 marriage photographs showing your rituals.
7. 200 marriage photographs showing your relatives.
8. 4 to 5 money transfer receipts. Even if your wife is employed and earns good money, you have to financially support her so that a idit can understand the marriage is genuine.

Don't do quick marriages. I don't have much of after marriage photographs and money transfer receipts, so I am quite sure that the VO is not scratching his head - is this a genuine marriage and does not want to take a decision and risk his performance. He must be taking advice from other VOs, which will delay my case.
I feel your pain and frustration FebPR and you are def. right in feeling so!

The only thing that I had from the list you provided was lots of pictures.. our entire relationship before the marriage was less than 6 months.. our phone records were pretty detailed with several hours of calls everyday for the duration before the marriage.

It's difficult to understand why some get the visas quickly - but I do agree that sending in lots of proof helps the process move faster.

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
Thanks cdngrl. You have been very helpful.

I am not frustrated that New Delhi is taking time to process. I am frustrated with myself. Why did not I spent more time on this Spouse PR process. I knew about this forum and should have read before getting married. The spouse PR is not a process where you apply on the basis of what you have. It's basically produce evidence so that you can convince them.

I have Skype video chat logs for 4 months prior to marriage. We have 1 to 3 hours everyday during that time period. I have taked 30 screen prints and submitted to them.

cdngrl said:
I feel your pain and frustration FebPR and you are def. right in feeling so!

The only thing that I had from the list you provided was lots of pictures.. our entire relationship before the marriage was less than 6 months.. our phone records were pretty detailed with several hours of calls everyday for the duration before the marriage.

It's difficult to understand why some get the visas quickly - but I do agree that sending in lots of proof helps the process move faster.